Alabama Post Game Thread

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Now we've played someone.

909BCA55-1590-441E-A2BF-1648E70A3D49.png

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The run to put this one away was ridiculous. We haven't had this kind of firepower in close to a decade. I'm a little tipsy so I'm making a post to share my thoughts.

Things slow down offensively? We've got Newton to draw fouls and hit them close to 90% of the team.

Karaban is poised more than any freshman we've had since Doron. I was fully expecting him to struggle vs this kind of athleticism and length. Instead? Kid puts up an efficient 10/3/3. I meant it when I said 18 months ago that he would be an All Big East player at some point.

Sanogo is Sanogo. Then he realized he needed to shoot to make the league. What does he do? Learn to shoot. When you're fighting on the court for your family, it's not just a game. It's hard not to respect the work he put in.

Diarra and Calcaterra. We're picking your poison on any given night.

Hawkins - NBA level sniper.

Clingan - Effecient and learning every night. I didn't think he would be this good. No one did. I feel really good about him leading this team for the next 2 years.

Shoot, we had a starter (Alleyne) play like crap, and Newton shot terribly and we STILL dominated!

I think the run was 15-0 at one point. Ridiculous.

Reaction Score
  1. AJax’s shot selection was bad today but the dude may be the best on-ball defender in college basketball. Just harassed Miller all night (hat tip to Karaban for an admirable job as well).
  2. The team defense is just phenomenal. It will keep this team in it against any team in the country.
  3. Ball movement slogged for a bit when Alabama made their run but really picked back up again.
  4. Two straight games where Hurley’s squad clearly looked like the most composed and disciplined team on the court.
  5. Joey C. continues to provide a perfectly timed spark off the bench.
  6. Sanogo is a bad dude.
  7. Karaban was a criminally underrated recruit.
  8. This is a top ten team. Outside of one run, this squad just straight up smacked a very good Alabama team.

Reaction Score
Strike that... 12/3/4 on over 50% shooting and 2/3 from deep for Karaban. With a block and a steal, and only ONE turnover vs a team than pressures the ball for 40 minutes. That is not a freshman performance.

Our freshman this year are READY. Credit to the staff and the kids for putting in the work.

Sanogo makes 25 points look like a workout in the gym.

Reaction Score
This team is filled with role players who just know exactly what's needed from them. Calcaterra comes in and hits his 3's to spark big runs, and then is replaced by Diarra who knows he just needs to lock down the other team's guards

Reaction Score
The run to put this one away was ridiculous. We haven't had this kind of firepower in close to a decade. I'm a little tipsy so I'm making a post to share my thoughts.

Things slow down offensively? We've got Newton to draw fouls and hit them close to 90% of the team.

Karaban is poised more than any freshman we've had since Doron. I was fully expecting him to struggle vs this kind of athleticism and length. Instead? Kid puts up an efficient 10/3/3. I meant it when I said 18 months ago that he would be an All Big East player at some point.

Sanogo is Sanogo. Then he realized he needed to shoot to make the league. What does he do? Learn to shoot. When you're fighting on the court for your family, it's not just a game. It's hard not to respect the work he put in.

Diarra and Calcaterra. We're picking your poison on any given night.

Hawkins - NBA level sniper.

Clingan - Effecient and learning every night. I didn't think he would be this good. No one did. I feel really good about him leading this team for the next 2 years.

Shoot, we had a starter (Alleyne) play like crap, and Newton shot terribly and we STILL dominated!

I think the run was 15-0 at one point. Ridiculous.
And Hawkins was on the bench for the big run that put it away.
Says a lot for how good this team is.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
We simply ground them down tonight.

I have an observation. DreJax is a freak of athleticism, without question.

But waiting for the opportunity to hand off the ball into a coffin corner double team is...well?...not the best choice, in my opinion.

Brain transplant with Karaban?

Reaction Score
  1. AJax’s shot selection was bad today but the dude may be the best on-ball defender in college basketball. Just harassed Miller all night (hat tip to Karaban for an admirable job as well)

I know the usual yentas will call it a dumb play but I had no problem with him going for the block at the end. Andre is a competitive kid and Brandon Miller is going to make a hundred million dollars in the NBA. The game was over anyway.

That run after Alabama tied it was huge. This team just has weapons all over the place.

Reaction Score
You knew Alabama was beat when their only game plan to get back in the game was to start falling on the ground on defense. That was pathetic. Huskies looks strong. Opening line against Iowa State is -6.5(my prediction). Bury them

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Great game. I like how many options we have offensively we can kind of ride the hot hand.

Do the winners of the 2 PK championships play each other?
No

Reaction Score
  1. AJax’s shot selection was bad today but the dude may be the best on-ball defender in college basketball. Just harassed Miller all night (hat tip to Karaban for an admirable job as well).
  2. The team defense is just phenomenal. It will keep this team in it against any team in the country.
  3. Ball movement slogged for a bit when Alabama made their run but really picked back up again.
  4. Two straight games where Hurley’s squad clearly looked like the most composed and disciplined team on the court.
  5. Joey C. continues to provide a perfectly timed spark off the bench.
  6. Sanogo is a bad dude.
  7. Karaban was a criminally underrated recruit.
  8. This is a top ten team. Outside of one run, this squad just straight up smacked a very good Alabama team.
I thought AJAX had his worst defensive game this year. Got beat off the dribble a lot compared to the last 2 games. Still good D but off his high standards. He still looks lost on offense too. Please, never shoot a 3 again. LOL!

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom