Akoy Agau - "UConn is my dream school." | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akoy Agau - "UConn is my dream school."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If it's really his "dream" school then why doesn't he accept the offer and give us the verbal?

I hate that recruits say this **** before they sign. He's gonna look like a tool if he doesn't sign with UConn.

Maybe he wants to, you know, visit the school first?

Reaction Score
If it's really his "dream" school then why doesn't he accept the offer and give us the verbal?

I hate that recruits say this **** before they sign. He's gonna look like a tool if he doesn't sign with UConn.

Or a 17 year old kid. A kid may have a dream school...but what if the kid's mother wants him to stay closer to home? What if he hits if off so well with another coach that he decides he wants to play for him? What if he gets paid off to go elsewhere?

If you don't want to feel "teased" by these high school kids, maybe the lesson here is that you should believe about half of what you hear from the recruiting "experts" and about 5% of what you hear from the players themselves.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
Or a 17 year old kid. A kid may have a dream school...but what if the kid's mother wants him to stay closer to home? What if he hits if off so well with another coach that he decides he wants to play for him? What if he gets paid off to go elsewhere?

If you don't want to feel "teased" by these high school kids, maybe the lesson here is that you should believe about half of what you hear from the recruiting "experts" and about 5% of what you hear from the players themselves.

Yeah I don't believe much of what I hear. I understand these variables come into play, but I'd prefer he waits until after he signs to be throwing around terms like "dream school" or not say them at all.

caw

Reaction Score
How did he play at UConn? Gavin Edwards outplayed him. His game was not that good. He had personality issues, but he wanted to go someplace where he would probably get more playing time. IF he was that good, he would have played more in his first two years at UConn. There is no doubt that he had flaws in his game. Personality and his game are not necessarily mutually exclusive. He made a lot of mistakes on the court.

He rarely saw the court, but it wasn't (or at least the main reason wasn't) because of ability/talent. He was in the doghouse at UConn and KSU, but it wasn't because of his playing ability.

Gavin vs Curtis? Really? Gavin outplayed Curtis as a freshman/sophomore at UConn? In what way?

Gavin played 388 minutes and had 133 PTs, 25 blocks, 92 rebounds, 9 assists, 13 steals and 25 TO's. He also had 58 PFs and shot 56% from the floor.

Curtis played 436 minutes and had 123 PTs, 28 blocks, 110 rebounds, 15 assists, 6 steals and 37 TO's. He also had 54 PF and shot 50% from the floor. He didn't play 7 games his sophomore year.

Gavin played slightly better as a junior, but nothing amazing (he did go to a FF, but wasn't a huge contributor).
Curtis sat out as a transfer.

Gavin averaged 10.6, 6.5 and 2 blocks per game on 59% shooting as a senior in 30 minutes for a team that went to the NIT.
Curtis averaged 11.5, 6.2 and 2 blocks per game on 57% shooting as a 4th year junior in 25 minutes for a team that was a 2 seed in the NCAAT and went to the elite eight.

Those are pretty darn equal stats, but Curtis put his up on a much better team and really showed up in the NCAAT that year.

Curtis also played as a fifth year and put up similar numbers to his 4th year. Made the NCAAT again and lost in the second round.

It was Curtis' talent and ability that put up those stats, he would have done better (IMO) if he didn't have huge issues mentally/maturity-wise.

If Akoy Agau has the same ability as Kelley, with a better personality/maturity level, he will be very good as a college basketball player.

H

Husk-E

I'ts interesting that he looks like he can still handle the ball given that he's 6'8.

caw

Reaction Score
Just got a huge jump in the 2013 ESPN rankings. #46 overall for 2013.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom