Akoy Agau - "UConn is my dream school." | The Boneyard

Akoy Agau - "UConn is my dream school."

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
I hadn't heard about this recruit until today, and I was wondering if anyone had any solid info on him. I just read him talking about the fact that UConn is his dream school, and that Kevin Ollie has let him know that an offer is on the table:

http://www.uconnball.com/content/akoy-agau-talks-uconn-offer-410/

Here is his rivals.com page:

http://rivals.yahoo.com/connecticut/basketball/recruiting/player-Akoy-Agau-109947

Seems like he has a gigantic list of offers from really good programs, and it's alway great to hear someone talk about UConn like that...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Maybe I have to re-read it again.

Is UConn his dream school?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
"UConn is my dream school. I want to continue playing basketball after college, and I feel they give me a great opportunity of doing so."

Smart kid.

Reaction Score
Wow! He's got like 40 programs listed with 75% of them offering him a ship, but he's only a 3-star rated recruit unranked as far as Rivals top 100 or top players per his position. Now this doesn't mean he's not a player. Being from Nebraska, probably doesn't help exposure wise. But I don't recall ever seeing a player so unheralded having so much interest and so many offers.

Either he's much better than his rating or has some uber-PR firm behind him. :)

caw

Reaction Score
I think he would be a good addition, but definitely not because he reminds me of Curtis Kelly.

Curtis Kelley's problem was not his game.

Reaction Score
Curtis Kelly did have problems with his game. While at UConn he wasn't strong with the ball and turned it over too much. Additionally, he had problems off the court. He wasn't even close to being as good a player as his high school rating would suggest.

caw

Reaction Score
Curtis Kelly did have problems with his game. While at UConn he wasn't strong with the ball and turned it over too much. Additionally, he had problems off the court. He wasn't even close to being as good a player as his high school rating would suggest.

He was at UConn for two years. He played quite well at KSU (when he played). A lot had to do with his personality. His game/potential was not the problem.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
He made that statement months ago about UConn being his favorite. Nice to see UConn finally offer the player

Reaction Score
Pts, boards, blocks. Looks like a fit. He's a 4, right?? Very good interview. I like this kid!!

Reaction Score
I was pretty impressed with his interview as well. Seems like a level-headed kid.

Reaction Score
This would be a great pick up for UConn. Huge character kid. Refugee from Sudan who has experienced some pretty harsh times in his life and has come out of it extremely mature for his age with a great work ethic. Couldn't ask for more from that front. The one concern is that the competition is borderline terrible in Nebraska. It seems most good athletes focus on football around there. If he can continue to do well in AAU tournaments/ camps than he could turn out to be a cornerstone of the team in the post Calhoun era.

Reaction Score
He was at UConn for two years. He played quite well at KSU (when he played). A lot had to do with his personality. His game/potential was not the problem.

How did he play at UConn? Gavin Edwards outplayed him. His game was not that good. He had personality issues, but he wanted to go someplace where he would probably get more playing time. IF he was that good, he would have played more in his first two years at UConn. There is no doubt that he had flaws in his game. Personality and his game are not necessarily mutually exclusive. He made a lot of mistakes on the court.

hungry husky

Currently Hungry
Reaction Score
If it's really his "dream" school then why doesn't he accept the offer and give us the verbal?

I hate that recruits say this before they sign. He's gonna look like a tool if he doesn't sign with UConn.

Reaction Score
some kids come out of nowhere and go on to big things.
I live in Lincoln, the kid is a player. I wrote about him saying this months ago from my Rivals Nebraska premium site. He would be a good get for UConn. I know people think Omaha is out of nowhere but it is one of the top 50 largest cities. Lincoln is a small town atmosphere to me now, but I grew up in a town of 243 people and graduated with 18 kids...that's the middle of nowhere my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom