Akok UConn player comp | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Akok UConn player comp

Reaction Score
Yeah I said Lydon but accidentally had it in the wrong thread so I deleted it lol.

His upside is Jonathan Isaac with better shooting.

Lydon is probably closer to average case scenario (2 and done should have been top 50 recruit, good efficiency numbers and steal/block numbers, wasn't a huge star because he didn't take enough shots).

I kind of doubt the Isaac comparison because JI seems like a more fluid athlete, at least in terms of lateral quickness, and seems to have better ball skills, albeit without the consistent 3 point shot. The Lydon comparison really seems spot on to me, especially impressive considering you usually don't see a Sudanese kid compared to a pasty white New Yorker.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I don't think Akok has the same level of all-around athleticism or skill that Isaac does. I'm not sure Akok will be a Top 10 pick after one year in college either.

Reaction Score
I kind of doubt the Isaac comparison because JI seems like a more fluid athlete, at least in terms of lateral quickness, and seems to have better ball skills, albeit without the consistent 3 point shot. The Lydon comparison really seems spot on to me, especially impressive considering you usually don't see a Sudanese kid compared to a pasty white New Yorker.

Yeah by upside I meant pretty much top ceiling, including working hard to improve all his skills and re-making his body.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Polley is averaging 1.1 blocks per game, second place on the team. Is it possible you are comparing Akok to freshman Polley? I think Polley is playing well on both ends.
Hopefully Akok is better than Polley in every way, he's having a nice season, but when people talk about needing to upgrade the talent, they aren't talking about our back court.

Reaction Score
The greatest compliment & what I’m most
Excited about is that he seems to be a Chris Boucher clone from Oregon a few seasons ago.

Reaction Score
Ater Majok.

I kid I kid.
Actually that might be a good comparison but hopefully a lot better. It does seem like he is more coordinated on the offensive side. I actually see a smaller Bol Bol than Majok.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
John Henson with a better jumper or Pascal Siakim fromm the raptors

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Roscoe Smith mixed with Charlie V is the best UConn comp out there.

Wenyen Gabriel also works for recent NCAA players.

Reaction Score
Not UConn, but I see a lot of Jaren Jackson. A raw, scronny 4 who can defend and shoot the three

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom