A'ja Wilson | Page 3 | The Boneyard

A'ja Wilson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The Human Highlight Film.

For those of you who oppose dunking.....don't look at this!!! (You've been warned.)

Some pretty powerful dunks in there. Back when people actually played some defense.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Some pretty powerful dunks in there. Back when people actually played some defense.

Why dosnt it show the link and play. Did I do something wrong.

Reaction Score
Why dosnt it show the link and play. Did I do something wrong.
Click on the one in the post above it. I just did a reply. (but I just checked and it worked for me)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
There was a post earlier in this thread in which someone said that Stewart hasn't shown she can dribble and dunk (as opposed to dunking after someone tosses the ball at the rim). For the sake of accuracy, Breanna did dribble to the basket and dunk the ball at last year's First Night event.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
There was a post earlier in this thread in which someone said that Stewart hasn't shown she can dribble and dunk (as opposed to dunking after someone tosses the ball at the rim). For the sake of accuracy, Breanna did dribble to the basket and dunk the ball at last year's First Night event.

Hmmmmm....I thought she failed on all dunk attempts at First Night...... Anyone have it on DVR? :)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Hmmmmm....I thought she failed on all dunk attempts at First Night...... Anyone have it on DVR? :)

Could be. Perhaps the video I saw (from behind the basket) was from an angle that made it look like she succeeded.

I think we'll eventually see her dunk in a game.

Reaction Score
Someone who could dunk:

View attachment 3444
I can't let a reference to Dawkins pass without recalling the following story from 1982.

The Celtics and the Sixers had a great rivalry going. The Celts had the big 3 (Bird, Parish, McHale) and the Sixers had Moses Malone, Andrew Toney, Mo Cheeks, and ... Darryl Dawkins. In 1981 the Celtics came back from a 3-1 deficit against the Sixers and won the series in seven. In 1982 the Celtics won in Philly to force a seventh game in Boston that everyone thought the Celtics would win. But the Sixers built up a big lead and never let go. Late in the game the crowd was ready to concede. With the Lakers already in the finals, the Boston Garden faithful broke into the now famous chant of "Beat LA." hoping to give the rival Sixers a boost against the Magic Johnson led Lakers.

After the game a reporter asked Dawkins what it was like hearing the Boston fans chant "Beat LA." Dawkins replied, "When I heard that my ____ got _____," referring to something that happens from time to time to a part of the male anatomy.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Go to YouTube and watch Breanna Dunk one handed two handed off the dribble and off the pass. She could be the greatest UConn player ever, and could pass out Diana and Maya who I consider the two greatest.

Reaction Score
Hey I found this pic on A'ja's Facebook page. Could she be telling us something?

Attachments

• 557022_578113462227023_1044364669_n.jpg
    557022_578113462227023_1044364669_n.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 207

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Hey I found this pic on A'ja's Facebook page. Could she be telling us something?
Probably that she played Team USA basketball recently. ;)

Believe me I'd love to be reading something into that. I hope, as does everyone on here, that her experiences with everything UCONN are so incredible that in her mind, there's really no other choice BUT UCONN. We will see later this year!

Reaction Score
Could be. Perhaps the video I saw (from behind the basket) was from an angle that made it look like she succeeded.

I think we'll eventually see her dunk in a game.

So far as I know, no UCONN player has evah dunked in a game. So, it's 8 NCs, 6 straight FFs, and prior to a streak of 5 straight FFs, 14 total in 21 years, darn near 20 straight sweet 16s or better, umpteen elite 8s out of the last umpteen, 2 record setting consecutive win streaks, including 90 inclusive of m and w bb, AAs galore, POYs aplenty etc and so forth.

It can be said that dunking does not matter in WCBB.

Ozzie Nelson

RIP, Ozzie
Reaction Score
So far as I know, no UCONN player has evah dunked in a game. So, it's 8 NCs, 6 straight FFs, and prior to a streak of 5 straight FFs, 14 total in 21 years, darn near 20 straight sweet 16s or better, umpteen elite 8s out of the last umpteen, 2 record setting consecutive win streaks, including 90 inclusive of m and w bb, AAs galore, POYs aplenty etc and so forth.

images

Reaction Score

I agree- dunking It doesn't matter winning or losing. ANd it doesn't matter to us. But sorry to say a lot of fans are more ESPN-Highlight driven. More guys will watch the game if there were dunks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom