Aidan Mahaney | Page 16 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Yeah I'm ready to be greedy, given the final 2 for both of these guys there's no reason we can't sell them both on coming in and playing 20 minutes. That's exactly what would be happening if they didn't choose UConn too
Agreed. That why there have been mass exodus’ from Kentucky, Kansas and Duke as these programs are extremely piggish in stockpiling ten 5* players and kids leaving as there aren’t enough minutes. That and the entitlement attitude that these blue bloods have that whatever kid they want, they get. That royalty luster faded some time ago and these schools and their fans still think it’s 1950.

Reaction Score
The players don't generally take a full courseload in the summer or spring. Everyone I know needed 3 years to graduate early. Alex is a semester short.
The point of my including "7 semesters" was to indicate that Karaban - if it was important to him - might be close enough to graduate to not have to put in a year at UConn in order to get this "precious degree."

Alex does not need to forego the NBA draft (despite what the fans seem to want) in order to finish up (as I am aware you understand). His decision will be entirely about basketball.

Reaction Score
The point of my including "7 semesters" was to indicate that Karaban - if it was important to him - might be close enough to graduate to not have to put in a year at UConn in order to get this "precious degree."

Alex does not need to forego the NBA draft (despite what the fans seem to want) in order to finish up (as I am aware you understand). His decision will be entirely about basketball.
he's probably a handful of online classes away

Reaction Score
Don’t want Brea. If Diarra and Karaban come back and we get Mahaney, we have 12 guys. Hurley had 12 this year as well.

Ryan Reynolds Reaction GIF

Reaction Score
Dickinson is a sieve defensively and Duke's roster construction is trash.

Yes, I want Mahaney and AK back. Brea sounds like a done deal.
I hope I’m wrong but Trey Alexander just announced he won’t exercise his option of returning to Creighton. Seems like this is not a coincidence. Mahaney’s already visited there and if wants playing minutes, he’ll get them there.

Reaction Score
I know patience is not The Boneyard’s strong suit, but it may not be a bad thing if he and/or Brea waited until May 2 to make their decisions, especially if they commit to the good guys. At that point, the portal is closed.

Reaction Score
We had 3 pretty highly rated freshman who waited their turn last season, Stewart getting some time late. If we get 2 more portal guards is there enough PT for those sophomores and the new freshman? Players want to play.

Reaction Score
I know patience is not The Boneyard’s strong suit, but it may not be a bad thing if he and/or Brea waited until May 2 to make their decisions, especially if they commit to the good guys. At that point, the portal is closed.
I get what you're saying but these kids aren't living in a bubble, they're reading all the same things as us and the coaches are having these conversations with them. We're not trying to trick anyone into being stuck on next year's team

Reaction Score
We had 3 pretty highly rated freshman who waited their turn last season, Stewart getting some time late. If we get 2 more portal guards is there enough PT for those sophomores and the new freshman? Players want to play.
Does Hurley seem like the kind of guy that would lie to his players? Or do think he was straight with from the beginning and told them what role he saw them playing next season?

caw

Reaction Score
Does Hurley seem like the kind of guy that would lie to his players? Or do think he was straight with from the beginning and told them what role he saw them playing next season?
I believe that Ross was always more planned to be a major contributor as a junior/senior. If he is ready next year he’s ahead of schedule.

Ball and Steward have shown they can contribute and if one doesn’t start they should be the sixth man IMO. Don’t see where they don’t get 20+ minutes either way.

Singare hopefully will be able to contribute in two years, he’s a project.

Reaction Score
Also it would the funniest LOL to Kentucky.
It truly would be -- not that I have it in for Kentucky fans that much -- but to keep Hurley and then land three straight Kentucky targets (with Kentucky on the desperate side and likely plenty of cash to splash) would be quite a shock to their system and perhaps the rest of the basketball world.

Reaction Score
It truly would be -- not that I have it in for Kentucky fans that much -- but to keep Hurley and then land three straight Kentucky targets (with Kentucky on the desperate side and likely plenty of cash to splash) would be quite a shock to their system and perhaps the rest of the basketball world.
Yep I think they may snag Mahaney in the end. He went straight to Lexington today after finishing his visit to Storrs. All good though if we get Brea. I think Solo and Brea will have the 2 spot locked down.

Reaction Score
I believe that Ross was always more planned to be a major contributor as a junior/senior. If he is ready next year he’s ahead of schedule.

Ball and Steward have shown they can contribute and if one doesn’t start they should be the sixth man IMO. Don’t see where they don’t get 20+ minutes either way.

Singare hopefully will be able to contribute in two years, he’s a project.
I think from the little we saw that if Singare can improve his strength he has a chance to play a few minutes when both of our bigs get in four trouble and thus not have to play small ball. This will be good as when he is a Jr. he won't be totally unexeperienced.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog