Aidan Mahaney | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Not feeling great. Let’s be honest, he’s the most Creighton player imaginable.
il_570xN.1860078936_sij9.jpg

Reaction Score
So he’s visiting UConn and VA. He’s already visited creighton. Has already visited or will eventually visit Florida Kentucky and USC? The post reads like he’s visiting these schools
But these other ones are the schools he’s actually considering.

Reaction Score
So he’s visiting UConn and VA. He’s already visited creighton. Has already visited or will eventually visit Florida Kentucky and USC? The post reads like he’s visiting these schools
Yeah it’s not very clear. I thought you got 5 visits So that would be Creighton, UVA, UConn and 2 of UK,UF,USC or maybe he’s only taking 4 visits so 1 of the last 3.

Either way if we can get Karaban back and Liam, then Mahaney is exactly what the doctor ordered for the last spot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yeah it’s not very clear. I thought you got 5 visits So that would be Creighton, UVA, UConn and 2 of UK,UF,USC or maybe he’s only taking 4 visits so 1 of the last 3
Seems pretty clear.

Creighton (already done)
UConn
Virginia
1 of Florida, USC, or Kentucky

Reaction Score
Lots to like about Mahaney.

He’s a super creative guard in Randy Bennett’s super slow halfcourt sets. For 6’3 180, he’s not afraid to absorb contact and he’s strong at preventing turnovers despite his high usage. His 41 2P% is not strong, but a lot of his attempts inside the arc have a high level of difficulty. Methinks playing in Hurley’s system will help clean up his shot selection. Despite this, FT and 3P efficiency checks out and I do like how he plays in a super disciplined defensive system and plays for one of the most under-heralded head coaches in college.

Reaction Score
Yeah it’s not very clear. I thought you got 5 visits So that would be Creighton, UVA, UConn and 2 of UK,UF,USC or maybe he’s only taking 4 visits so 1 of the last 3.

Either way if we can get Karaban back and Liam, then Mahaney is exactly what the doctor ordered for the last spot.
Unlimited official college visits now. Just can't officially visit a college more than once each academic year.

Reaction Score
I would love to know how the staff prioritizes transfers. There are so many of them and Hurley seems to be pretty picky about what he wants. But since it's all happening so quickly and with so many recruits they might not know a lot about, it must be a tough job to sift through all the transfers.

Reaction Score
I think us showing interest in Mahoney and bringing in Nowell, kind of shows that Hass isn't going to be handed the job. This isn't the same situation as Sanogo to Clingan. I think they love Hass in that sixth man role off the bench. Pat Bev type of role.

Reaction Score
I think us showing interest in Mahoney and bringing in Nowell, kind of shows that Hass isn't going to be handed the job. This isn't the same situation as Sanogo to Clingan. I think they love Hass in that sixth man role off the bench. Pat Bev type of role.
Is he even coming back? Concerning that it’s not official yet.

Reaction Score
And no Michigan.

Most transfers aren't looking for the long set of visits (although going to a school a few miles from home may negate this). Virginia is an IQ test.

If Mahaney (hereafter known as "Mahoney" on the BY) makes it to UConn, I would like Hurley's chances.

Reaction Score
I would love to know how the staff prioritizes transfers. There are so many of them and Hurley seems to be pretty picky about what he wants. But since it's all happening so quickly and with so many recruits they might not know a lot about, it must be a tough job to sift through all the transfers.
I’m sure they have a mold of the type of player they’re looking for (position, role, size etc). Then they probably have baseline offensive/defensive metrics they look for and that helps sift through/weed out a bunch of transfers who don’t fit those as well. That alone helps target a small pool of players they think they can actively recruit and go from there.

Reaction Score
Is he even coming back? Concerning that it’s not official yet.
If Diara isn't coming back it is because The staff recruited over his preferred role and couldn't convince him to take the lesser role. And I trust the staff - so like with Roumoglou, I would be sorry to see him leave, but wish him well.

UconnU

If he blocks 100, he blocks 100
Reaction Score
YES MOAR IRISH THEY TREATED US WELL

Reaction Score
Mahaney is also very playable off ball. And you know how Danny runs the offense. He would allow Nowell to not have to be a “star” from day one

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a backup plan for McNeely. He's too good for the Calcaterra role (plus this is more likely Hausen anyway).

If we get everyone, I wonder how the depth chart shakes out.

Reaction Score
Mahaney is also very playable off ball. And you know how Danny runs the offense. He would allow Nowell to not have to be a “star” from day one
He's a Hurley, though. His father started an 14 years old, 120 lbs freshman when they were the #1 team in the country back in the early 2000s. He also was the 2nd leading scorer on that team, too. So I say that to say this, if Nowell is ready, Hurley isn't going to be afraid to throw him to the wolves day one.

And if we go by his play in the Jordan Brand game, he definitely looks ready.

Reaction Score
I don't think he's a backup plan for McNeely. He's too good for the Calcaterra role (plus this is more likely Hausen anyway).

If we get everyone, I wonder how the depth chart shakes out.
Definitely not a backup plan for McNeeley. Two completely different positions and players. One is a 6'7'' guy that plays the 3, maybe even a bit of the 2, or 4 as well depending on if we're going big or small. The other is a 6'3'' combo guard that would get minutes at the 1 and 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom