McNeeley 25 / Stewart 10 / Ball 5
Karaban 30 / Stewart 10
Reed 20 / Johnson 20

Bench: Ross / Abraham / Singare

30: Karaban
25: Diarra / Mahaney / McNeeley
20: Ball / Stewart / Reed / Johnson
15: Nowell

9 man rotation and I think we stay at 12 schollys. If Karaban leaves we’ll need to add someone else.
I wonder if they are second guessing the expensive shooter and thinking an experienced 4 might not be a more prudent way to fill the remaining spot. Someone more physical? I can wait.

Reaction Score
I wonder if they are second guessing the expensive shooter and thinking an experienced 4 might not be a more prudent way to fill the remaining spot. Someone more physical? I can wait.
Only if AK leaves. Otherwise We don’t need more than a 9 man rotation or 12 scholarship players. And Even if AK leaves staff might opt to divide his PT among who we have and add Ross and Abraham to the rotation. I think Breas out.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Diarra 25 / Nowell 15
Mahaney 25 / Ball 15
McNeeley 25 / Stewart 10 / Ball 5
Karaban 30 / Stewart 10
Reed 20 / Johnson 20

Bench: Ross / Abraham / Singare

30: Karaban
25: Diarra / Mahaney / McNeeley
20: Ball / Stewart / Reed / Johnson
15: Nowell

9 man rotation and I think we stay at 12 schollys. If Karaban leaves we’ll need to add someone else. If Karaban stays we can 3peat.
So we move away from Brea? Adding him would really clog up the wheel. Shocked Ross isn’t already in the portal, but would likely push Solo away too.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, just commenting.

Reaction Score
48% at the rim.
38% career from 3. Really, really good as a catch-n-shoot and spot up shooter.
15% assist rate isn't bad at all, just not a ton of opportunity with Marciulinus (or however you spell it) being a focal point on offense.
What killed his overall shooting percentage what 37% off the dribble on long 2s.

I see finishing with both hands multiple times, a great shot, decent ballhandling, and some pretty solid passing reads in the highlight.

247 has him at 150lbs as a recruit. ESPN has him at 175. On3 at 150. Not sure what the real # is, but hopefully that's a signal that he can be successful in the weight room.

The kid is going to be an asset on offense. Teach him to defend in our team concept, and we're good.

Reaction Score
Only if Karaban leaves.
Well, as of now he has left (he wrote a note and everything). I am not sure that the quality-4 that can shoot 3's is a market you can wait as long on as guard.

Reaction Score
Well, as of now he has left (he wrote a note and everything). I am not sure that the quality-4 that can shoot 3's is a market you can wait as long on as guard.
Waiting until it’s official on 5/31

Reaction Score
So we move away from Brea? Adding him would really clog up the wheel. Shocked Ross isn’t already in the portal, but would likely push Solo away too.

Not saying it’s right or wrong, just commenting.
I am thinking the same thing...how on earth is there playing time for Brea with this roster? And yeah, Ross and Abraham are going to find it very hard to get minutes barring something crazy.

Reaction Score
Man it will be fascinating watching highlights of this program over the last 3 years and seeing a cameo from Mahaney in the beginning hopefully foreshadowing greatness here.
This is how I felt when watching the UConn game at East Carolina in Feb 2020 2 weeks before the COVID lockdown. It was surreal watching Tristen Newton play for East Carolina and light up UConn to the tune of 25 pts 6 assists and 5 rebounds. If my current self traveled back in time to that day of the game and told my Feb 29, 2020 self that a player from this game will have their name put up on the wall of Gampel Pavilion, the Feb 2020 would've guessed James Bouknight and then Christian Vital. My Feb 2020 self would've been shocked it would be Tristen Newton even though he had a hell of a game against UConn.

Reaction Score
Massive addition to the reload

3 peat looking more and more possible. Karaban returns and we need to be preseason top 3

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
3peat incoming
Your comment is more in brand than knowing, primarily because it is unknowable. We are clearly on the shortlist of favorites, and solidifying, but injuries, hubris, distraction, disharmony, and crazy luck are are part of the mix every year.

You win the brevity battle...by many lengths. Kudos.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom