Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged) | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Aidan Mahaney COMMITS to UConn (Merged)

Reaction Score
Imagine thinking he would commit while you brought him to get a club sandwich with unseasoned crinkle cut fries. Meanwhile he was eating surf and turf with UConn at capital grille. Easy money!
BFDEA198-0778-4AF8-85B9-080EC18DC0C8.jpeg

Reaction Score
The floor is set at really good team now. Whatever happens with Brea, Diarra, Karaban is gravy
Agreed. I would LOVE to keep Diarra through. If Alex goes, it would be because he's going to make a living. I love the heart of Diarra, but also his quickness. I don't think other teams expect him to be so quick. He's such a great changeup.

I love that Mahaney played against UConn. He saw the intensity, and opted to become part of it.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
How many scholarships do we have left, assuming that Karaban comes back?

Reaction Score
Love his creativity on offense and he's got the spunk and length at the 2-guard to continue his development on defense and in the weight room. Sweet we've got two seasons w/ him too!

Was one of the more exciting players I watched live during the 2022-23 season!

Reaction Score
There's the ballhandler we needed. We're a complete team now if our vets come back (and I believe they will). My guess at a depth chart to start the year...

PG: Diarra, Nowell
SG: Mahaney, Solo
SF: McNeely, Stewart, Ross
PF: Karaban, Abraham
C: Reed, Samson, Singare

Obviously there's some positional flexibility there with Stewart especially (I believe he'll get 20 a game or more and his finishing at the rim will be the best on the team). But man, that team is deeper than we're used to. I see 8 guys who will definitely play and another 2 who can get there if (when) they put in the work. Enough vets to give our young guys space to develop, 3 good shooters and another 3-4 with known potential. Enough ballhandling and passing to break the press. Bruiser inside with a high-flyer for a different look. Probably 5 guys who are + defenders. A few STRONG guards.

We'll need out frontcourt to step up rebounding more than we're used to. And we may need to tighten up perimeter rotations without a guy like Clingan swallowing up 90% of layups. But wow... that's a good team. #7 imminent.

That bench would make the tournament on their own if everyone keeps developing.

Reaction Score
There's the ballhandler we needed. We're a complete team now if our vets come back (and I believe they will). My guess at a depth chart to start the year...

PG: Diarra, Nowell
SG: Mahaney, Solo
SF: McNeely, Stewart, Ross
PF: Karaban, Abraham
C: Reed, Samson, Singare

Obviously there's some positional flexibility there with Stewart especially (I believe he'll get 20 a game or more and his finishing at the rim will be the best on the team). But man, that team is deeper than we're used to. I see 8 guys who will definitely play and another 2 who can get there if (when) they put in the work. Enough vets to give our young guys space to develop, 3 good shooters and another 3-4 with known potential. Enough ballhandling and passing to break the press. Bruiser inside with a high-flyer for a different look. Probably 5 guys who are + defenders. A few STRONG guards.

We'll need out frontcourt to step up rebounding more than we're used to. And we may need to tighten up perimeter rotations without a guy like Clingan swallowing up 90% of layups. But wow... that's a good team. #7 imminent.

That bench would make the tournament on their own if everyone keeps developing.

I’d bet money Mahaney is starting PG. Hurley made a reference that he’d love Hassan back as long as the role he envisioned for himself matched the staff’s role they saw for him. That tells me he’ll come off the bench in a similar role to last season. I think Diarra, McNeeley, and Reed are the main guys off the bench with Nowell getting consistent minutes too.

Reaction Score
Love his creativity on offense and he's got the spunk and length at the 2-guard to continue his development on defense and in the weight room. Sweet we've got two seasons w/ him too!

Was one of the more exciting players I watched live during the 2022-23 season!
Also great that he will be able to play 2 years in the system, I don’t think it’s an accident that Hurley is mostly targeting players in the portal with multiple years of eligibility

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razzle

Top Bottom