Admins on this forum MIKE STUART | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Admins on this forum MIKE STUART

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If you don't think Mike Stuart is corrupt you are either naive or don't know his history. Last year he fouled out Memphis's entire starting 5 against Louisville, and many UM fans filed a petition to get him out of the game. He's still here of course, but it's not just Kentucky Derby horse owner Rick Pitino who's got him in his pocket. It's possible Mike Stuart didn't take money yesterday, but I guarantee he has in his career. It's so easy for these guys to determine the outcome of games and congress should get more involved. By the way, every time I've been to Saratoga to see the races there is only one common theme…Tim Higgins is always there

I go to Saratoga a lot. You know who I've never seen ... Jim Calhoun.

I have been to high end Money Manager parties where many of the Top CBB personalities go. Parties where you have Jim Boeheim, Rick Pitino, Tim Welch (?), Bill Raftery, Jay Wright, Rick Barnes and Brent Mussberger all under one tent. I've seen Higging. John Cahill and Jim Burr are locals and always there. I often think ... not out loud ... that Calhoun, while having coach friends, NEVER courted these circles and was not buddy buddy at this level. I don't think this is corruption. I think Jim Calhoun was considered different and estranged from the Camps and the Path ... that many seemed to follow. To this day, he is considered with respect ... but also with revulsion. F them. That's why you get the snide Pitino comment the other day.

The Legacy is set. We are going to do great things in the near future as well.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I emailed Paul Brazeau, the AAC Senior Associate Commissioner (Men's Basketball) this morning with my complaint that Mike Stuart is either malevolent or incompetent and, either way, shouldn't be refereeing a D1 college game. I informed him that I would not be purchasing any tickets to games where Mr. Stuart was refereeing and that includes the tournament in Memphis. Admittedly, I don't really know how I will find out who the ref's are with enough prior notice. Any ideas? (He best not be at the Temple game tomorrow night or I will be home early)
Although not an AAC ref, I asked that the AAC office pressure a review of Mr. Stuart's poor characteristics which have been in question prior to this event. I added that I hope the AAC is interested in quality.
Mr. Brazeau wrote back within 10 minutes thanking me for my thoughts and assured me that perfection is the AAC goal but it is most likely unattainable. I thought it was nice for him to respond at least. Something tells me that they are fielding a lot of similar emails this morning.
Time to move on to Temple.

Thank you for your thoughts. Perfection will remain the goal in all we do, albeit that is most likely unattainable.

Yup! He is fielding a lot of similar e-mails....and he is responding with remarkably similar e-mail content....

Reaction Score

Thank you for your thoughts. Perfection will remain the goal in all we do, albeit that is most likely unattainable.

Yup! He is fielding a lot of similar e-mails....and he is responding with remarkably similar e-mail content....

Ha! Word for word the same as yours. I suspected. Still I'm happy that he is, at the least, opening the emails and seeing there is a general disgust for the guy.

Reaction Score
I think it's fair to say that Ollie/UConn will continue to feel the general disdain that some have for Jim Calhoun. Coach Ollie is more likeable than JC but he's seems to have some of the same fire:mad:. If it's more UConn against the world then bring it on! Stuart is a clown, thankfully he's being recognized as such.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

You could have replied that while perfection is unattainable, competency most certainly is.

Last edited:

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Up until those technicals most folks saw Ollie as too passive during games. I don't think the disdain carries over to Ollie.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
There's no one taking money, let's not make Stuart something he's not…….he's just an awful referee with rabbit ears, a hard on and an agenda which probably changes game-to-game…...
Agreed but I do think he may have a liking towards Pitino. Maybe he's in awe of the Hall of Famer or perhaps, being from Tennessee, its a regional thing. I don't know, don't think at all he's taking money but maybe he bets the horses and gets tips from slick Rick.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
We wouldn't have closed the threads if they didn't have information about the guys home address and phone number.

If you don't understand why those posts are going too far, seek help immediately.
Addresses and phone numbers??? That's BS nobody should be doing that. That's why new have the NSA! But seriously, that is plain stupid and threatening

Reaction Score
There's no one taking money, let's not make Stuart something he's not…….he's just an awful referee with rabbit ears, a hard on and an agenda which probably changes game-to-game…...

I don't know I admit it….I'm guessing you now need to prove me otherwise….how's that working for you?

Reaction Score
I think it's fair to say that Ollie/UConn will continue to feel the general disdain that some have for Jim Calhoun.

I think that, at least with respect to officials, Calhoun got results, as do most coaches that put pressure on referees. Ollie needs to do more of this . . .

Reaction Score
I am not sure if this has been posted here yet, but a podcast from Andy Katz with Seth Greenberg. Seth talks through the play and officiating and how they did not do the right thing.

He does not hold back much about what he thinks and lots of other coaches think about Mike Stuart. Calls him self-righteous, huge ego, arrogant and a bad guy. I would say you don't hear this much "non-politically correct talk" from someone who may want to get back into coaching at some point.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/play?id=10323617

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RollSkis