Adamec: No renewal of UConn-Tennessee in Sight | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Adamec: No renewal of UConn-Tennessee in Sight

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinotbear

Silly Ol' Bear
Reaction Score
I'm glad you two understand it: me, I gots me a headache trying to figure it out!:D

Reaction Score
Agree in general. In fairness, I think there are a great many things Pat has accomplished, and most all in a classy manner, but to pretend she's perfect is what sticks in my craw. The other part I mentioned, maybe in another post, is that instead of pulling Geno aside, yelling at him (if she wanted) and handling the affair in adult manner, she chose to take the cowardly and childish route.

Actually, in Sum It Up, she did say that that's what she should have done. It's too bad that she (and, to be fair, Geno) didn't realize that at the time. Though I hold her more accountable than him, since she's the one who cancelled the game and made the accusations.

(And TonyC, I was on the Boneyard during that time, and I was as incensed as the rest of Husky Nation (and a good portion of the non-Tennessee audience as well) by those calls in the Baylor and Rutgers games. (Funny, none of that was mentioned in Sum It Up, which by the way is a very interesting read.)

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
You know, I posted early on this thread, not really caring too much, and then stopped reading it and wondered why it kept staying near the top, so I came back today and read the last four pages. And I am glad I did. And I appreciate the posts by Tony and Eric especially getting into the real ugliness of that time. And really love the (mis) quote from Mr. Roberts by Boo.
I find especially John A's continued promoting of a renewal his most annoying trait. I do not think WCBB needs the game any more, the program that was TN no longer exists and there are other teams that have been consistently better than them over the last 5 years, most of whom we play yearly. As for the ND game disappearing that was a direct result of the very late in the year realignment of conferences and the Uconn OOC schedule for this coming year already finalized. And it may not get back on the schedule next year because Uconn already has most of its OOC schedule committed to with continuing legs of home and home games. If it does get included - great, if it doesn't, I don't think it matters.
As for not playing particular teams - there are a number of D1 programs we haven't played ever, a bunch more that we have only played in the NCAAs, and a whole bunch that we haven't played in years. Some of that is by happenstance and some by design. Foster wasn't scheduled because Geno didn't want to coach against his good friend, Portland wasn't scheduled because of actions early in Geno's career, and sometimes the design is from the other team - as in Pat's actions.
And in any exclusive community actions by members have consequences. Bad behavior by a coach or an AD or an administration towards another coach, AD, or administration is valid grounds for terminating friendly relations between the two entities - and that is not childishness, it is just common sense. And I would go further - sometimes people just don't like each other. You wouldn't schedule a round of golf with someone you dislike, why should a coach be expected to schedule a game against another coach he just doesn't like? So ... I have no problem with Geno saying No, and I would have had no problem with Pat saying No in 2008 - if that had been all she said! Saying what she did and doing what she did was despicable.
And finally - I actually think the series ending has benefitted WCBB. During the first half of the 2000s, WCBB was Uconn, TN and then everybody else. That gave both Uconn and TN a real advantage in recruiting. Since 2008 it has been much more wide open. Uconn is still the premier program, TN may have lost a little luster, but ND, Stanford, Baylor, Duke, PSU, Maryland, etc, etc, are much more in the conversation than they ever were before.
Edit -
Just a little perspective on my actions have consequences: I do not think we will ever play BC unless we ultimate end up in the same conference - because of action by that schools AD and admin. I don't see people complaining that that 20 year series came to an end!

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Just to get it straight I started posts Just to Sum it up and was asked not to use it any more because of the problems between fan bases. So should I get the FBI involved for plagerism??????????? LOL

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
wow i cannot believe that some of you are talking about a women with a disease saying these things talking about the posters on the summitt some should start looking at the post on the boneyard too every team has some bad fans out there its just a game its not life or death like what pat is facing is her life here

No sale, her health issues didn't keep her from publishing a book that continued her UConn smear campaign.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
And finally - I actually think the series ending has benefitted WCBB. During the first half of the 2000s, WCBB was Uconn, TN and then everybody else. That gave both Uconn and TN a real advantage in recruiting. Since 2008 it has been much more wide open. Uconn is still the premier program, TN may have lost a little luster, but ND, Stanford, Baylor, Duke, PSU, Maryland, etc, etc, are much more in the conversation than they ever were before.
!

Honestly, Duke was more in the conversation from 1999-2007 than they have been since 2008.....:( But I agree... its much better for the sport that I love that there are more WCBB teams than UCONN and TN.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Honestly, Duke was more in the conversation from 1999-2007 than they have been since 2008.....:( But I agree... its much better for the sport that I love that there are more WCBB teams than UCONN and TN.
Very funny! And I would say from 1999-2005 you were sort of doing it with smoke and mirrors - finding significant talent (and a real star) in recruits others had overlooked! But the recruiting strength of Duke has come on very strong, just wondering when the product that reaches the floor catches up! (Touché!)
Triad - you are my favorite visitor and a glutton for good natured ribbing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom