ACC Door Closed? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC Door Closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ash would be my choice to replace Warde if he left for Michigan. I can see him walking into meetings with the chainsaw hand running and a boomstick in the other hand. We'd be in a P5 conference in no time.
"Listen you bunch of primitives..."

Reaction Score
It is a shame that there are no politicians in this state who can bring pressure to bear on ESPN. Instead they capitulate and hand out tax credits.
It would be very easy for Bristol and CT to apply pressure. espn has poured so much money into the campus, there is no way it would just pull up stakes and leave.

Reaction Score
It would be very easy for Bristol and CT to apply pressure. espn has poured so much money into the campus, there is no way it would just pull up stakes and leave.

sure they could. Have you seen how heavy industry has fled this State over the years?

Reaction Score
Who cares? I fully plan on UConn kicking down the door, tearing it right off the frame. Then punching BC in the face as we enter the room, followed by a swift kick in the nuts to Syracuse.

Then this is our message to the others.

Syra.... has nuts?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Syra.... has nuts?

I'd expect his foot to get lodged and some juice to flow out. Maybe he can replace the chainsaw with a juicer.

Reaction Score
The biggest problem we have is that both of those sides win as long as neither side moves.

I know we view the Big Ten as the cowboys in the white hats, but they're doing just as much harm to us as the ACC and it's not unintentional.

Yeah, but the ACC is doing it with malice...its just business with the BiG

Reaction Score
Yeah, but the ACC is doing it with malice...its just business with the BiG

the ACC is doing it because they are basically stupid and listening to a member institution that has an axe to grind with us and has blocked us.

CL82

Reaction Score
The biggest problem we have is that both of those sides win as long as neither side moves.

I know we view the Big Ten as the cowboys in the white hats, but they're doing just as much harm to us as the ACC and it's not unintentional.
If you are saying that B1G is intentionally trying to harm us, I'll see if Conspiracy Kitty has a spare tin foil hat for you. If you are saying that realize that they are harming us but see a current incentive to invite us, I agree.

@John the ACC is doing it because ESPN hasn't chosen to throw enough cash on the table to overcome resistance to us.

Reaction Score
sure they could. Have you seen how heavy industry has fled this State over the years?
Well espn certainly isn't going to take all those brand new digital centers with it. Perhaps NBC or Fox would be interested in a new home.

pj

Reaction Score
I would make my first born child's middle name "big ten" if we got an invite there

You're thinking small. First name Big, middle name Ten. Big Ten Trumbull. Rolls smoothly off the tongue like the anti-hero of a Jim Croce song.

CL82

Reaction Score
You're thinking small. First name Big, middle name Ten. Big Ten Trumbull. Rolls smoothly off the tongue like the anti-hero of a Jim Croce song.
Or you could go with B1G Trumbull. It worked for Michael Oher.

pj

Reaction Score
Or you could go with B1G Trumbull. It worked for Michael Oher.

Good idea. This way his middle name could be Richard.

epark88

Throat's all better now, thanks for asking...
Reaction Score
Agree the door is shut, but if our neighbors in Bristol offered to increase their contract by day 1 mil per year, they would name Blumenthal as Swoffords successor

They're not our neighbors...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

Have you any awareness of what upstate NY has been through? Particularly Syracuse. It's wasteland for traditional manufacturing. Whatever CT has seen: multiply. So losing industry & economic distress didn't constrain SU. The stupid ACC just focused on the BIG Carrier Dome view. The fact that Syracuse & Rutgers are genuinely horrid ADs doesn't seem to ever be an issue.

We're stuck & the decision makers are absolute not good at strategic think.

Reaction Score
Have you any awareness of what upstate NY has been through? Particularly Syracuse. It's wasteland for traditional manufacturing. Whatever CT has seen: multiply. So losing industry & economic distress didn't constrain SU. The stupid ACC just focused on the BIG Carrier Dome view. The fact that Syracuse & Rutgers are genuinely horrid ADs doesn't seem to ever be an issue.

We're stuck & the decision makers are absolute not good at strategic think.

In this particular post, we're talking about ESPN, not UConn. RIF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom