ACC and AAC All Conference Teams [merged threads] | Page 2 | The Boneyard

ACC and AAC All Conference Teams [merged threads]

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Stewart and Jefferson unanimous first team. Tuck first team as well.
Nurse all conference third team.
Jefferson defensive player of the year.
Tuck winner of the AAC Sportsmanship Award.
Collier and Samuelson both members of the All Freshman Team.
Conference player of the year not yet announced (hint, hint, hint: I think last year's winner will repeat this year).

Congratulations, ladies!

Here's a link:

CLICKY

Reaction Score
I saw Watts play a half dozen times in high school and a few more times than that as a UNC freshman...and this kid is dynamite. She is a difference-maker who can do everything. Unfortunately for her, she plays on a lousy team, with a weak, "let them do what they want" coach (Deshields' words praising Hatchell), and with no bench. As a result, Watts was forced to play too many minutes and throw up too many shots that she otherwise wouldn't have- accounting for the poorer than expected shooting stats. So much weight and demands were put on this freshman in very difficult circumstances, and I think she responded beautifully.

On a top 10/20 team, Watts' play would likely be even more impressive. Particularly with better coaching. This kid might very well be in some honorable mention All-America conversations.

She's that good. It's hard to imagine she stays at UNC. What a waste of talent that would be.

I'd take Watts in a second, over every one of the magnificent four" (Deshields, Mavunga, Washington, Gray) who skipped town.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
2016 American Athletic Conference All-Conference First Team
Moriah Jefferson, Sr., G, UConn *
Breanna Stewart, Sr., F, UConn *
Morgan Tuck, Jr., F, UConn

2016 American Athletic Conference All-Conference Third Team
Kia Nurse, So., G, UConn

2016 American Athletic Conference All-Freshman Team
Napheesa Collier, G/F, UConn
Katie Lou Samuelson, G/F, UConn *

2016 American Athletic Conference Defensive Player of the Year
Moriah Jefferson, Sr., G, UConn *

2016 American Athletic Conference Sportsmanship Award
Morgan Tuck, Sr., F, UConn

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
And Morgan Tuck won Sportsmanship Award for the year. That's somewhat unexpected but very well deserved.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the post. But this was already posted.
May be to merge them together?

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Tough on Gabby, but I am not sorry that awards get spread a little wider - Springfield impressed me in this last game, she was the only Bull scoring for a period of the second half, on a number of good shots. On the spreading wider, that is the reason I was surprised by Morgan getting the sportsmanship award.

Really happy for Moriah getting recognized as the DPOY - Stewart will get the POY I assume and she could certainly have been considered for DPOY as well but Jefferson is deserving of the recognition.

Reaction Score
POY and FOY announced tomorrow at 2pm... so KLS still has a shot at FOY.

Reaction Score
POY and FOY announced tomorrow at 2pm... so KLS still has a shot at FOY.

That would be strange since the other freshman from USF, Laksa, made the 2nd team All Conf and KLS did not even made 3rd team All Conference. If logic holds up, Laksa should win FOY.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I LOVE that Mo was elected as conference DPOY. She may be small, but she is a 1-player wrecking crew, wreaking havoc on the opposing teams.

Reaction Score
That would be strange since the other freshman from USF, Laksa, made the 2nd team All Conf and KLS did not even made 3rd team All Conference. If logic holds up, Laksa should win FOY.
oh ok, that makes sense... I didn't look that closely

Reaction Score
Haha. Did the Admins merge the ACC awards thread with the AAC awards thread?
:eek:

Reaction Score
I think KLS is still #33, at least according to UConn's roster. Not sure why they had her in a #23 jersey for her picture. I'll have to look during the game Saturday afternoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom