Aaliyah Edwards expected to be 100% for NCAA Tournament opener | The Boneyard

Aaliyah Edwards expected to be 100% for NCAA Tournament opener

temery

What?
Reaction Score
After missing almost the entire Big East Tournament with a broken nose, Aaliyah Edwards will be back on the floor when UConn opens the NCAA Tournament against Jackson State next weekend.

“It was just a matter of letting everything calm down so that the mask fit and she was comfortable enough breathing,” Geno Auriemma said. “So she's practiced a couple of days and we would expect that she will be 100 percent come this weekend.”

Reaction Score
What great news. Thank you ~~~

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
To me AE is the player that will make the difference. If she plays great against the top couple teams then Paige can make sure the score falls in the UConn direction. At least she played a whole season with one already so she knows how to manage it.

Reaction Score
You think you know more about AE's health than coach Geno?
C'mon, simply saying that it will be difficult,especially first game or 2, for her to comfortably play as she has all season.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
C'mon, simply saying that it will be difficult,especially first game or 2, for her to comfortably play as she has all season.
I believe that she will be very comfortable with the mask considering that she wore one for the whole season last year. She will have had a week of practice with it on before the first game to get used to the new mask.

Reaction Score
I believe that she will be very comfortable with the mask considering that she wore one for the whole season last year. She will have had a week of practice with it on before the first game to get used to the new mask.
Sarge, Edwards jokingly said she had to clean the mask off, so it might be the old mask. She played with that mask even when she didn't need it because she felt comfortable in it. I hope that holds for the second time around.

I should add, that practicing with Nika, you never know... :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom