AAC Tournament Bracket | Page 2 | The Boneyard

AAC Tournament Bracket

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
I'm a firm believer that dropping to 9 and getting an extra game vs lowly DePaul is the reason we won it all in 11.

Agreed. Didn't that win get a monkey off their backs about winning a game in the BET also?

Reaction Score
Update: With a Cincinnati losing to Tulane, UConn swaps places with them and is now in 4th place.

AAC-Tournament-Bracket.png

Reaction Score
Yeah it had been like 5 years I believe.
Yup. They won in 2005 against Georgetown, and then lost to Syracuse.
2006, lost first round to Syracuse in McNamara's great run.
2007, lost first round again to Syracuse
2008, lost first round to West Virginia
2009, lost first round to Syracuse in 6OT (hard to believe players like Adrien/Price/Austrie/Dyson never won a BET game...)
2010, lost first round to St. John's.

2011, won the whole thing...all of the things.

Reaction Score
Yup. They won in 2005 against Georgetown, and then lost to Syracuse.
(hard to believe players like Adrien/Price/Austrie/Dyson never won a BET game...)

Especially since they went to a Final Four.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
If we beat SMU tomorow night, we're running the table. Put your bets down now. No, I'm not drunk.
High?
Lit?
Buzzed?
Stoned?
Doped up?
Wasted?
Like your enthusiasm and sunny side outlook. I'm with ya but I am one of the above!!

Reaction Score
Think I'd prefer 7 to 6 in that scenario, but only if Tulsa retains #2.

Reaction Score
Extra game though. The more games we ask this team to win makes our chances slimmer too!

Reaction Score
Extra game though. The more games we ask this team to win makes our chances slimmer too!

The old "If we can't beat Houston we don't deserve to go to the tournament" argument applies. *Edit* which is why we don't currently deserve to go to the tournament.

Reaction Score
Kinda of challenging for me to look at that chart and feel confident we can run the table.

This year every game has been a war, and that won't change in Hartford. Its just been that type of season.
It's known as parity and it's going to be with us for some time. Recruiting success is the sole true medicine!

Reaction Score
I can't believe the next tier below us is Tulane, East Carolina, UCF, Houston, and USF. If there is a worse group of teams in any conference in the nation, I haven't seen it. And that is UConn's company. Never thought I'd see the day.

Onward and upward. Let's hope for a miraculous turnaround.

Reaction Score
I can't believe the next tier below us is Tulane, East Carolina, UCF, Houston, and USF. If there is a worse group of teams in any conference in the nation, I haven't seen it. And that is UConn's company. Never thought I'd see the day.

Onward and upward. Let's hope for a miraculous turnaround.
Oh, our conference is bad? What an original complaint.

Reaction Score
It's just an observation. And my complaint has nothing to do with the conference. It's that we're a mid-level team in that crap conference. The bottom of the Big East was crappy too...not like I'd have been stoked to have UCF and USF as our company in the old conference either.

kobe

Power Conference Enjoyer (Big 12)
Reaction Score
small technicality in that Memphis is currently the 4 seed due to head-to-head win over Cincinnati. If UC beats Memphis at home and wins at Tulsa, they would hold the tie-breaker over every team in the conference provided SMU stays in first place.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
The 6th slot/seed is the best place to be. Losing to Memphis was a good loss from a match-up bracket perspective. Funny how that worked out...

Except, you know, that whole extra game you've gotta play.

Reaction Score
Except, you know, that whole extra game you've gotta play.
I think home court would really help mitigate the disadvantage of that extra game. A final against SMU would have husky fans hanging from the rafters spitting bullets. A season from h*** all of a sudden turned into Selection Sunday viewing parties all around Connecticut!

Reaction Score
Tbh I would much rather be the 6 seed than the 4 or 5 seed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member