Memphis: SMU, Tulsa, @Uconn, @Cincinnati
SMU: @Memphis, @Uconn, Tulsa
Temple: Houston, @East Carolina, UConn
Tulane: @Tulsa, Cincinnati, Houston, @USF
Tulsa: Tulane, @Memphis, Cincinnati, @SMU
UCF: @Cincinnati, East Carolina, @USF
USF: @Houston, UCF, Tulane

Reaction Score
Dougie last nite had a good argument for staying in fifth place. your are playing at home, play two lesser teams, then possibly meet SMU.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Dougie last nite had a good argument for staying in fifth place. your are playing at home, play two lesser teams, then possibly meet SMU.
He said it would be best to stay in the 6th position and avoid SMU until the final

Reaction Score
He said it would be best to stay in the 6th position and avoid SMU until the final
Yeah, right now, 6th place would give us Houston, Temple (who just lost @Tulsa by 16), then either Tulane, USF or Tulsa before getting to the championship. I wouldn't mind that.

Reaction Score
Yeah, right now, 6th place would give us Houston, Temple (who just lost @Tulsa by 16), then either Tulane, USF or Tulsa before getting to the championship. I wouldn't mind that.

Plus Cincy (which swept SMU) on the other side of the bracket poised to take out the Mustangs. Too bad we can't freeze it now, that really would be a perfect setup. A lot of games between the top 6 to go though.

Reaction Score
Memphis could very easily lose out. I think 5 is still our more likely end result. Which might mean we still get Temple as the 4 (Cincy will probably pass or tie them and Cincy has tiebreaker) but wouldn't get to avoid SMU.

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
Not saying this will happen but it's not entirely impossible to get the 3 seed if they won out. Not sure what the tie breakers are but it's still possible.

Reaction Score
Not saying this will happen but it's not entirely impossible to get the 3 seed if they won out. Not sure what the tie breakers are but it's still possible.

If we won out and were tied with any of the other 3 at 12-6, we'd lose to Cincy (worse W-L vs SMU), lose to Memphis (worse W-L vs Cincy), and beat Temple (better W-L vs either SMU or Tulsa).

Basically we would need to win out, have Cincy lose two, and Memphis lose one other (besides their 3/5 loss to us). Ran the numbers real quick using Pomeroy's current WP and there's about a 3.3% chance of that happening.

Reaction Score
The meat of the difficulty in those odds is us winning out. If we do that, it's actually quite likely Memphis will lose at least one other game, and there's a decent chance Cincy loses two.

Reaction Score
If we won out and were tied with any of the other 3 at 12-6, we'd lose to Cincy (worse W-L vs SMU), lose to Memphis (worse W-L vs Cincy), and beat Temple (better W-L vs either SMU or Tulsa).

Basically we would need to win out, have Cincy lose two, and Memphis lose one other (besides their 3/5 loss to us). Ran the numbers real quick using Pomeroy's current WP and there's about a 3.3% chance of that happening.
Memphis could easily finish 0-4

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I'm thinking we go 2-2, Memphis goes 1-3 (losing to UConn), both finishing at 10-8. We win tiebreaker and take 5th.

Thus, KO might want to tank the Memphis game ;)

Reaction Score
Memphis could very easily lose out. I think 5 is still our more likely end result. Which might mean we still get Temple as the 4 (Cincy will probably pass or tie them and Cincy has tiebreaker) but wouldn't get to avoid SMU.

The best possible scenario I think would be to get the 4 or 5 seed and then hope Tulsa overtakes SMU for the 1 seed. They have a tough final 3 games, but SMU also has a tough final 3.

Reaction Score
The best possible scenario I think would be to get the 4 or 5 seed and then hope Tulsa overtakes SMU for the 1 seed. They have a tough final 3 games, but SMU also has a tough final 3.

Best but not most realistic right????

Reaction Score
I'm thinking we go 2-2, Memphis goes 1-3 (losing to UConn), both finishing at 10-8. We win tiebreaker and take 5th.

Thus, KO might want to tank the Memphis game ;)
lol...maybe. It won't happen though.

Reaction Score
2/26 Update: Biggest change was Temple & Cinci switching seeds.

AAC-Tournament-Bracket.png

Remaining schedule for the top 6:

SMU: @ Memphis, @ UConn, Tulsa
Tulsa: @ Memphis, Cincinnati, @ SMU
Cincinnati: @ Tulane, @ Tulsa, Memphis
Temple: Houston, @ East Carolina, UConn
Memphis: SMU, Tulsa, @ UConn, @ Cincinnati
Connecticut: SMU, Memphis, @ Temple

Reaction Score
We officially can't fall below 6th or get either of the top 2 seeds.

Reaction Score
I don't think I care at this point what happens at 5th place or above. We just have to get there. Facing Houston hurts our RPI even if we win that game.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I don't think I care at this point what happens at 5th place or above. We just have to get there. Facing Houston hurts our RPI even if we win that game.
RPI doesn't matter at this point. We need to win the AACT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom