A slogan for the 2014-2015 UCONN women's basketball season | The Boneyard

A slogan for the 2014-2015 UCONN women's basketball season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Last year, the Lady Volunteers slogan for winning a ninth national championship was, "Grind for Nine." For the Women Huskies upcoming season, I suggest that the appropriate phrase be, "Again for Ten."

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Last year, the Lady Volunteers slogan for winning a ninth national championship was, "Grind for Nine." For the Women Huskies upcoming season, I suggest that the appropriate phrase be, "Again for Ten."
Well, I like it. Welcome to the Boneyard Ricky!

Reaction Score
I think "Grind for Nine" is a wonderful slogan. The Lady Vols should continue to use it for many years to come. :)

wire chief

Testmeister
Reaction Score
And we'll still be in the White House during Sasha Obama's presidency.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think slogans are gimmicky and I don't much care for them. It seems that there are a good number of teams out there who seem to employ "motivation" that seems gimmicky to me. The vols are at the top of that particular list. Having said that, I'm zen for ten...

JRRRJ

Chief Didacticist
Reaction Score
Did Blazing Saddles rip off The Treasure of the Sierra Madre?

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges." (Misquoting from the latter)

Blazing Saddles ripped off pretty much every western movie that preceded it...one of my favorites.

How about "It's mine! Come and get it if you want it!"?

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
951019e6e9e55bdac9f53d6a777b0ade.jpg

Reaction Score
I think slogans are gimmicky and I don't much care for them. It seems that there are a good number of teams out there who seem to employ "motivation" that seems gimmicky to me. The vols are at the top of that particular list. Having said that, I'm zen for ten...

Umm, the UConn gimmick

Eyes%20on%20Nine.jpg

Reaction Score
Yeah that "Grind for 9" in Knoxville has got to be paired with an infusion of sound coaching..... I have said it many times that team has the horses to be at the top.... they have to figure out how to harness it all.....

How about "And THEN it was TEN!!!"......

Must say to everyone that I experienced some UConn pride yesterday.... was in Paris on the Champs le Elysse (sp?) happened to be wearing my UConn shirt.... and a man said "Hey UConn! Are you a basketball fan?!!" He knew of our mens and womens teams he knew of many of the players..... makes one feel very good that we are known as a power brand the world over.... Go Huskies!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Umm, the UConn gimmick

Eyes%20on%20Nine.jpg
Yep. and how often did you hear the players and coaches discuss the gimmick? It's a nice ad for the fans. The players not so much. And how much did the fans discuss "eyes on nine" last season? I just don't see that kind of gimmick being pimped like I do at other schools. I think Stef mentioned it once in a blog she wrote in March. Other than that, it's about focusing on winning the NC, not creating gimmicks to help get them there.

And when Stef mentioned it in her blog, she said "we've had our eyes on number 9 all season..." She just as easily could have said the team had their eyes on number 8, or 7, or whatever. I didn't look at it like it was the team's slogan. Frankly, your little post was about the 2nd time I heard that mentioned.

Last edited:

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
It is Bolo but John Saxon (Roper) defeated him, Bruce Lee didn't fight him. You're welcome.

And I believe the movie featuring that shot of Bolo is Bloodsport, starring Jean-Claude Van Damme as Frank Dux.

Reaction Score
Did Blazing Saddles rip off The Treasure of the Sierra Madre?

"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges." (Misquoting from the latter)

Or in Keith Olberman's version (referring to Wisconsin)

"Badgers? We don't need no stinkin' Badgers!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman