34 to 13 | The Boneyard

34 to 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
Free throws attempted... CLEAR disparity.

I know complaining about officials is not a classy way to go about things and we certainly could have played better.

But Okafor could not be touched without a foul being called. Too much respect being given to the Dukies as always.

Reaction Score
Lot of soft fouls on UConn and not smart fouls. We won't win tough games like that with our perimeter shooting

Reaction Score
How could you not complain. Okafor will be great if they treat him like that the rest of his career. Wow that was a fn!

Reaction Score
I was getting so pissed watching him snap his head back, trying to draw fouls on minor bumps. The cognitive dissonance it required on my part was astounding.

I don't know WHAT you're talking about.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I was getting so pissed watching him snap his head back, trying to draw fouls on minor bumps. The cognitive dissonance it required on my part was astounding.
Like sure, Napier and Kemba did it every once and a while, but my God Tyus did it on every possession. I thought whip lash was going to settle in around the 2nd TV Timeout in the second half.

Reaction Score
Jones reached out and grabbed on Terrence on what was THE WORST flagrant call ever

Reaction Score
Free throw disparity was clear but its not like they didn't foul a lot, a lot of it due to late rotations and guys scrambling to recover. The 4pt play(clear leg kick out by Jones), and 1 for Jones when Facey "fouled" him(clear ward off by Jones), and final call on Brimah on Okafor were awful calls tho.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Jones reached out and grabbed on Terrence on what was THE WORST flagrant call ever
Everyone saw him undercut Terrence and it was not called.

Reaction Score
The best was Kentan fouling Tyus Jones left arm extended. Funny stuff!

But hey great effort by the kids. Brimah killed them with his stupidity. Needed 25 minutes minimum from him.

Reaction Score
Free throw disparity was clear but its not like they didn't foul a lot, a lot of it due to late rotations and guys scrambling to recover. The 4pt play(clear leg kick out by Jones), and 1 for Jones when Facey "fouled" him(clear ward off by Jones), and final call on Brimah on Okafor were awful calls tho.

Yea that leg kick really irked me. Usually a player will kick his leg forward so that he draws contact on a defender who is crowding him. Jones stuck his leg out to the side, and hit Boat who was running past him.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
Lousy refereeing was the difference in this game. Brimah had three bad calls. The intentional foul call against TSam was bogus.
Tyrus drives and pushes off, Facey holds position. Call after call after call. Refs were looking to make calls for Duke.
UConn gave up four points on fouls on the offensive board when other team in penalty. Cost them Texas game. Can't keep doing this.
No block out on foul shot? These are plays losing teams make.

Reaction Score

Good thing Shabazz and Kemba never did that... Oh, wait... We lost b/c Duke is better than us at every position but PG. And Jones is a stud.

caw

Reaction Score
Duke is the better team but way too many touch fouls called one way. They were mugging Boat every time down the court.

Reaction Score
Yea that leg kick really irked me. Usually a player will kick his leg forward so that he draws contact on a defender who is crowding him. Jones stuck his leg out to the side, and hit Boat who was running past him.
That's one thing that college refs need to be instructed on, its not called in college at all. The NBA nuked that quite some time ago but college players are still getting away with it at will, Bazz and Boat got rung up for it a few times last year defending guys.

caw

Reaction Score
Good thing Shabazz and Kemba never did that... Oh, wait... We lost b/c Duke is better than us at every position but PG. And Jones is a stud.

I think Hamilton is the equal to Winslow and Facey isn't far behind Jefferson. They are better at C and SG esp offensively. Edit: and their PG isn't far behind Boat

Reaction Score
Walker11 pretty much implied the point about Bazz and Kemba in his post, some of you guys are way too pressed to post like a smart ass, you can turn off the schtick every now and then, it won't kill you.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Free throws attempted... CLEAR disparity.

I know complaining about officials is not a classy way to go about things and we certainly could have played better.

But Okafor could not be touched without a foul being called. Too much respect being given to the Dukies as always.
It wasn't even the fouls, it was the walks that weren't called that killed me. At one point he palming the ball by his side and walking.

That said Duke was the better team today.

Reaction Score
I almost never complain about refs, as I usually don't think that one or two calls makes a game.

The refs were not good tonight. I'll leave it at that.

Reaction Score
I have a question for Bilas. He was talking about Brimah needing to be stronger to take contact. But when Phil took contact from Okafor, he said a big guy should never go down so easily.

I understand both his points, BUT if you're going to stand your ground against Okafor, you're going to get the treatment.

Reaction Score
I think Hamilton is the equal to Winslow and Facey isn't far behind Jefferson. They are better at C and SG esp offensively.

Jefferson averages 24 and 20 per 100 possessions. I love Facey's effort tonight, and I'm thrilled with how far he's come since last year, but Jefferson is decisively better than Facey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom