2022 Giants Thread | Page 33 | The Boneyard

2022 Giants Thread

Reaction Score
15th could be right if he doesn’t follow up this year with another one. But I’m thinking you’re well off on that basically because you’re only pointing to 2 games which in this case is a joke. He made a lot of big plays without having a receiver of any substance to speak of. He’s played for a team that rid themselves of a TE the year before who became a stud under Peterson and the Jags. He finally has a coach and hopefully will have some weapons to go with that. As I said not worth the asking price right now totally agree but your take is way off too.

Golladay was tearing up the league. Then they brought him to NY to be a weapon for Jones. He regressed.
As soon as Engram left Jones, he lit it up for Jacksonville.
Toney does nothing with Jones. Becomes a Super Bowl hero within weeks with Mahomes.
Barkley had one season with Eil and caught 91 passes. He hasn't caught over 60 in any season with Jones.

Give Jones weapons and he just shoots himself.

Reaction Score
Golladay was tearing up the league. Then they brought him to NY to be a weapon for Jones. He regressed.
Toney does nothing with Jones. Becomes a Super Bowl hero within weeks with Mahomes.
Barkley had one season with Eil and caught 91 passes. He hasn't caught over 60 in any season with Jones.

Ya Jones should be catching his own passes and it’s his fault that Toney couldn’t be on the field.

Reaction Score
Let’s see the years on the contract and the guaranteed money, maybe it’s a Carr type of contract where you get out after 2 years if it doesn’t work out.

Your either paying Jones or your tanking for Caleb Williams. The Giants aren’t an elite qb away from winning a Super Bowl, it’s not adding a Stafford to the Rams situation.
Whatever your paying Jones I guarantee he will be the 15th highest paid at the most in a year or 2.

Chill a bit about the cap space will have plenty of it and how many teams win when they go on a FA spending spree in March, you build through the draft.

Reaction Score

You’re so far off I can’t even take you seriously. Dabol wasn’t playing Golladay because he was great? And they’re cutting him now because he’s as good as you think lol. Toney was never even healthy or never wanted to be. Engram dropped more passes than he caught as a Giant. Before you even reply you need to have a clue this is so far off lol.

Reaction Score

You havnt watch a football game since when? 2010?

This post is so embarrassingly bad it’s hard to respond to but it sure does make clear you don’t have any idea what you are talking about.

Reaction Score
Ya Jones should be catching his own passes and it’s his fault that Toney couldn’t be on the field.
46A1EF90-1357-4FE9-9248-097542951A4F.jpeg

It’s incredible what Mahomes turned Toney into, a monster out there.

Reaction Score
Rather then pay Jones I rather we just sign Brian Hoyer.
Don't get @Palatine hopes up.

Right now all signs point to him being tagged its just whether it will be the exclusive or non-exclusive, my guess would be the non-exclusive.

Reaction Score
Derek Carr's deal: $37.5M AAV, $100M guaranteed.

If the Giants and DJ can agree to this without backloading the money I would be very happy.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Dan Olovsky agrees with the non-emotional fan, looking into E. Rutherford from the outside.

Reaction Score
4 years 160, well see how the numbers work out, but great deal in my opinion after seeing what Carr got.

All the nonsense of 45 a year from the two non-Giants shown to be wrong, not surprisingly.

Reaction Score
I'm fine with the Jones contract as long as the specifics aren't crazy. Hopefully an out after 2 years for a worst case scenario, and the cap hit is back loaded

Reaction Score
I'm fine with the Jones contract as long as the specifics aren't crazy. Hopefully an out after 2 years for a worst case scenario, and the cap hit is back loaded
19 mill cap hit in the first year which is great, based on the initial reports appears they can get out after 2 years

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
After the last decade of ineptitude, I'm happy to be back in the playoff hunt again, of which, Jones was a critical component. I don't believe he has reached his full potential yet either.

I mean what's the alternative, drafting a QB late round 1 and/or playing tyrod? Pass.

Husky25

Reaction Score
No denying that Schoen did well here. He retained Jones on his terms.

Jones counts for less against the cap than the 5th year option that no one wanted to pay him a year ago, and will pay him in the out years about what he would command had the option been exercised. He gets $82 million guaranteed, and fans get their guy for about two seasons before the Giants have to start playing Cap games. Mara can also now rely on a happy fanbase ponying up for season tickets.

Now comes the biggest variable of all. Jones has to play like a $40 million quarterback, because by any 2022 metric, he was middle-of-the-pack mediocre.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
No denying that Schoen did well here. He retained Jones on his terms.

Jones counts for less against the cap than the 5th year option that no one wanted to pay him a year ago, and will pay him in the out years about what he would command had the option been exercised. He gets $82 million guaranteed, and fans get their guy for about two seasons before the Giants have to start playing Cap games. Mara can also now rely on a happy fanbase ponying up for season tickets.

Now comes the biggest variable of all. Jones has to play like a $40 million quarterback, because by any 2022 metric, he was middle-of-the-pack mediocre.
5th in completion percentage
1st in INT ratio
6th in QBR
11th in total yards
Won a road playoff game

But yes, "any 2022 metric, he was middle-of-the-pack mediocre". Either you are the worst troll in the game or just making things up as you go. Care to share which one it is?

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
1st in INT ratio
6th in QBR
11th in total yards
Won a road playoff game

But yes, "any 2022 metric, he was middle-of-the-pack mediocre". Either you are the worst troll in the game or just making things up as you go. Care to share which one it is?

Not even to mention his running game with zero receiving threats.

Reaction Score
1st in INT ratio
6th in QBR
11th in total yards
Won a road playoff game

His average depth of target was 6.5 yards also, which was bottom of the league. He didn’t take chances, which is good much of the time, but he didn’t raise the ceiling too much. Obviously the line wasn’t great and the weapons were pretty basic, but it’s been a characteristic of his game. He needs to improve his downfield accuracy and his willingness to take chances. Hopefully with more weapons he does. The contract isn’t bad, and i’m glad it’s structured the way it is. It’s a show me contract of sorts.

Husky25

Reaction Score
I'm just having fun. I've already conceded twice that Schoen did well to retain a player the Gioants and their fans wanted.

Reaction Score
His average depth of target was 6.5 yards also, which was bottom of the league. He didn’t take chances, which is good much of the time, but he didn’t raise the ceiling too much. Obviously the line wasn’t great and the weapons were pretty basic, but it’s been a characteristic of his game. He needs to improve his downfield accuracy and his willingness to take chances. Hopefully with more weapons he does. The contract isn’t bad, and i’m glad it’s structured the way it is. It’s a show me contract of sorts.
He has plenty to work on, he is far from great, but like I said the comment by "any 2022 metric, he was middle-of-the-pack mediocre" is flat out false.

Your comment he needs to improve his downfield accuracy? I will leave these for you

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
He has plenty to work on, he is far from great, but like I said the comment by "any 2022 metric, he was middle-of-the-pack mediocre" is flat out false.

Your comment he needs to improve his downfield accuracy? I will leave these for you

Not to mention his job was to execute the offense that Daboll and Kafka wanted him to run.

They didn't throw downfield because they had WR who were physically incapable of being deep threats.

To me the bottom line is that in spite of all of that, he won a must win prime time division game that was essentially do or die against Washington and then had the best game of his career in a road playoff game. He's tough, smart, teammates and coaches love him, and I really don't think we've seen his ceiling.

If he falls on his face? Cut bait after two years and draft a QB... Which is exactly where you'd be right now if you didn't resign him anyway..not as if this is a SB roster with the QB holding them back.

Reaction Score

Neither of those articles were from this most recent season. I don’t have stats or analytics to show, but I remember him overthrowing Slayton a few times on deep shots. And Slayton is very hard to overthrow

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom