2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 28 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

This one caught my attention. Local kid (Plainfield, Illinois), played a ton of minutes (nearly 1200) and shot 40% overall and 38% from three. Thought she would've been a linch-pin for next year, with transfers like Michelle Sidor coming into join.
On the other hand, Aneesah Morrow took 800 shots and Darrione Rogers nearly 500 and they're both coming back (so far as we know). Holmes took 267.

She's a junior and possibly has graduated. Also eligible for a Covid year, so a program will probably get her for two years.
Don't know what she's after in terms of hoops or academics: looking to start? Or be part of program that can take it to the next level? Want to stay mid-major (Marquette?) or go B1G? Ohio State and Purdue could use bombers. Stay tuned.

Reaction Score

With the Mark Campbell connection and Kelly Graves expecting to add 2-3 from the portal I'm guessing Oregon is eyeing Peneueta. Oregon has a difficult sell to portal prospects with (likely) all 5 starters returning. Only Kennedy Basham remains from the bench. Incoming are Top 50 6'1" G/W Sofia Bell and Sammie Wagner, and 6'3" forward Sarah Rambus. 5'9" JC Guard Bella Hamel has been added recently. Looking for players that are talented but content to be reserves for the coming year. Can be a hard sell but a kid like Peneueta may look at it as a chance to rise to a P-5 program and wait her turn. Just some thoughts.

Or she just wants to follow Campbell to TCU.

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
With the Mark Campbell connection and Kelly Graves expecting to add 2-3 from the portal I'm guessing Oregon is eyeing Peneueta. Oregon has a difficult sell to portal prospects with (likely) all 5 starters returning. Only Kennedy Basham remains from the bench. Incoming are Top 50 6'1" G/W Sofia Bell and Sammie Wagner, and 6'3" forward Sarah Rambus. 5'9" JC Guard Bella Hamel has been added recently. Looking for players that are talented but content to be reserves for the coming year. Can be a hard sell but a kid like Peneueta may look at it as a chance to rise to a P-5 program and wait her turn. Just some thoughts.

Or she just wants to follow Campbell to TCU.
I'm going to ask if following Campbell would be her first choice? Knows the coach, good school. Extended flight time, but getting to Dallas/Ft. Worth isn't all the difficult.

Reaction Score
Wow. As impressive as Utah's improvement has been the last 2 years, they keep losing good players.
I think they were a tad overrated this year too. I wasn't overly impressed with them when they played LSU.

Reaction Score
Didn't Rogers just declare for the draft?
Sorry. Just missed that story. Good luck to Endy. There is a loose rumor that Paopao is looking at the portal. Not sure if serious.
I know Graves was concerned all season that positions 1-3 were on the short side ie 5’7, 5’9”, and 5’9”. I think he would like more 6’1” - 6’2” shooters and defenders at least at the 3.
Paopao has stated she feels her game best with the ball in her hands. But not sure what you do with 5’9” Gray in that case. There will be a shakeup and we shall see about the portal.

Reaction Score
Paopao has stated she feels her game best with the ball in her hands.
And this is precisely the weakness of her game. She’s very talented, but doesn’t have the deepest sense of how to move without the ball. Azzi and Paige and Caroline can be ball dominant and also move without the ball better than anyone.

Reaction Score
Waiting for the 2nd Portal Monday to get started
Tired Over It GIF by Desus & Mero

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Sorry. Just missed that story. Good luck to Endy. There is a loose rumor that Paopao is looking at the portal. Not sure if serious.
I know Graves was concerned all season that positions 1-3 were on the short side ie 5’7, 5’9”, and 5’9”. I think he would like more 6’1” - 6’2” shooters and defenders at least at the 3.
Paopao has stated she feels her game best with the ball in her hands. But not sure what you do with 5’9” Gray in that case. There will be a shakeup and we shall see about the portal.
?? He'd like tall(er) guards who can shoot and defend? Such as Sydney Parrish, who left Oregon for a starting role at a #1 seed in Indiana? Or Maddie Scherr, who did whatever Graves asked of her, until he found a shinier toy with Rogers?

Sometimes looking for the next best thing ends up being a never-ending circle chase.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
So....by my calculation, Lexi Donarski is the best player in the portal at the moment and I am hard pressed to think of anyone even close. Anyone have any insight on others that I am missing?

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Kiki Jefferson is/was a fringe WNBA prospect who's in the portal.
She was conference player of the year: 18.2 ppg with 43% from floor, and just under 8 rpg. per game

Dillon77

Reaction Score
So....by my calculation, Lexi Donarski is the best player in the portal at the moment and I am hard pressed to think of anyone even close. Anyone have any insight on others that I am missing?
If you're in the market for an agile, shot blocker who rebounds and attacks the boards, Maria Gadkeng of BC is worth a look. Some folks think Soph. forward from Minnesota Alanna Micheux is something of a poor man's Naz Hillmon. She averaged 13.8 ppg and 7.9 rpg for the Gophers last year.

Most others I see as "drafting by need" to pull the old chestnut out.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
May 11th is still a ways away.
But at the moment, you may very well be correct.

Reaction Score
Kiki Jefferson is/was a fringe WNBA prospect who's in the portal.
Lexi and Kiki appear to be the top two with S Day-Wilson from Duke and J Curry from Cal also in the discussion right behind them.

Reaction Score
If you're in the market for an agile, shot blocker who rebounds and attacks the boards, Maria Gadkeng of BC is worth a look. Some folks think Soph. forward from Minnesota Alanna Micheux is something of a poor man's Naz Hillmon. She averaged 13.8 ppg and 7.9 rpg for the Gophers last year.

Most others I see as "drafting by need" to pull the old chestnut out.
Yeah those appear to be the top forwards. As you state, need is a big indicator.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom