2022-23 Transfer portal announcements | Page 26 | The Boneyard

2022-23 Transfer portal announcements

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Okay - what is going on in Michigan? An Elite 8 team last year and now they're losing players who were supposed to help them continue to build on what has been accomplished.

They have more players in the portal than Michigan State who don't even have a new coach yet.
A lot of end of bench players plus a grad transfer. I don’t see it as too alarming. If Phelia leaves then it’s cause for concern.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Piath Gabriel... she'll have to sit out a year now, won't she?
I believe so unless she qualifies for some kind of NCAA waiver. And I think if she transfers to one particular school, she may very well get one. :):rolleyes:

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score

Missed your post earlier.

She had just transferred from West Virginia after 3 years playing for Mike Carey. Was immediatley eligible at Florida this season. I'm assuming she will be graduating from UF soon and then grad-transfer in order to have immediate eligibility next season.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
For whatever reason I thought KK Deans was a SG, but seems like she's a PG who can score a lot of points.

Reaction Score
A lot of end of bench players plus a grad transfer. I don’t see it as too alarming. If Phelia leaves then it’s cause for concern.

But what's around her to help with scoring? They were going to lose a lot of their scoring as it is, but bench depth has been a problem all season. Who fills in for Kiser, Brown and Nolan?

Williams hasn't shown to be much of a post threat. Hobbs has potential but disappeared towards the end of the season. So did Kampschreoder (sic?). Evans, Crockett and Stuck showed some flashes but will they make enough of a jump next season. No clue what's going on with Varejao.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
But what's around her to help with scoring? They were going to lose a lot of their scoring as it is, but bench depth has been a problem all season. Who fills in for Kiser, Brown and Nolan?

Williams hasn't shown to be much of a post threat. Hobbs has potential but disappeared towards the end of the season. So did Kampschreoder (sic?). Evans, Crockett and Stuck showed some flashes but will they make enough of a jump next season. No clue what's going on with Varejao.
I think others see those players leaving as a bigger issue than I do. Nolan is a solid loss but has played 4 years already so I don’t see it as a red flag departure since grad transfers are very common these days (and they leave for numerous reasons). Sidor is another grad transfer who has played 4 years, and has never been a rotation player. In 2 years Wiggins was never able to get more than clean up minutes. Michigan not replacing the talent they lost is cause for concern, but I don’t think these 3 instances indicate something bad is brewing in Ann Arbor. I could be wrong but that’s my take on it.

Reaction Score
Two of them were basically recruited over.

I suspect they made these decisions after having the typical "end of the season" meetings with the HC.
The other problem was the win now attitude Brenda had to take when Ange Reese, Ashley Owusu and Mimi Collins transferred. The Terps recruited four players that were going to play immediately. Therefore Gigi Cooke, Mila Reynolds and Ava Sciolla were end of the bench players which they didn't envision when they signed their LOI the previous November. The landscape has changed so much that the transfer portal is now more important than recruiting high school players.

Reaction Score
I think others see those players leaving as a bigger issue than I do. Nolan is a solid loss but has played 4 years already so I don’t see it as a red flag departure since grad transfers are very common these days (and they leave for numerous reasons). Sidor is another grad transfer who has played 4 years, and has never been a rotation player. In 2 years Wiggins was never able to get more than clean up minutes. Michigan not replacing the talent they lost is cause for concern, but I don’t think these 3 instances indicate something bad is brewing in Ann Arbor. I could be wrong but that’s my take on it.
For a team that looked to be trending upward, I find it perplexing. And with key players leaving, Wiggins had an opportunity to crack the starting roster to play along with Phelia and Hobbs.

Something bad brewing? Maybe, maybe not. A possible regression from how they've performed the last few seasons? Seems likely at the moment.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Actually, she is from Greensboro.... So I was thinking maybe like a UNCG, NCA&T, or High Point ;)
These schools came to mind too but I just assumed that she would go to one of the "bigger name" schools. Just an assumption on my part.

Reaction Score
Donarski now following and being followed by the tennessee lady vols team and staff ......i forget she did play her last regional there for ISU in a loss to toledo...hmmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom