2019 #1 Nyah Green to Louisville | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2019 #1 Nyah Green to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Thanks for posting. I think Boley is going to be a good one. If Green actually stays with her commitment Cards will see her in 2019.

I agree on Boley. I've been watching her play since she was in the 7th grade. Wish she would have signed with my Cards but ND was the right fit for her. It was tough not being able to say anything to her about it since I donate to the athletic fund and am therefore considered a booster who could not have contact with her. She is an outstanding student and person as well as a great basketball player.

Reaction Score
JordyG, not trying to start anything but I kind of wonder if you were talking about Green when you made the statement about "how much over tuition will she be getting". I hope that was couched in the vein of actual cost of attendance and not implying that she or her family is getting something "under the table". With the program Jeff is building at U of L, that kind of stuff isn't happening. Now, if you're talking about money for players, that's the blue school 60 miles east of Louisville.

Are you inferring that Mitchell pays his players?

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
When a #1 ranked player is recruited so early lots of things can happen. Both decision wise and ratings wise. It might be that by the time she is a senior in HS she isn't ranked number one anymore. There are some late bloomers especially with big girls. However, still another great player for L'Ville if she stays the course.
I've followed recruiting a long time, and when such a young, elite player verbally commits extremely early, it's typically to a school close to home or to a blue-blood program which she has long dreamed of playing for (typically, the blue-bloods have been Tennessee and UConn). So, a Texas player committing to Louisville this early is very unusual, IMO. Unless she is friends with 2016 Louisville signee, Ciera Johnson (who is also from the DFW metroplex), I just find this commitment out of the norm.

In past similar situations, I recall UConn getting extremely early verbal commitments from players out of California; some ended up signing their LOIs down the road, and some decommitted and signed elsewhere. But, UConn has national championships, while Louisville does not.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
As a parent, what do you think about her making this decision so early?

I gave input, of course, but the thing with Nyah, she's in a unique situation. She's been going through this since she was in sixth grade, which was a shock at the time. We've been going to places ever since then, so it's almost like she's a three-year vet in the recruiting process. When she got to Louisville, she was like, "This is home." That's the way she felt.

Do you feel like you're making a commitment to Jeff's staff, or the idea that it holds so long as everything is the same three years down the road? It's obviously not binding at this point.

I told her, "I know you've made a commitment to Jeff and his staff, but you need to make sure the school is a place you want to be at just in case something changes." I don't think Jeff's going anywhere, but sometimes things like that happen. You just don't know.

...The last time we went, it was just to watch a game and come home. This time we went and spent three days there. She really likes the school. She liked the campus and everything. She just likes the environment. It's really a commitment toward everything, not just the staff.

http://www.courier-journal.com/stor...h-greens-father-on-her-early-pledge/81205592/

Reaction Score
Are you inferring that Mitchell pays his players?

Not Mitchell, just the guy who has had two final fours vacated. The men's program at sUcKs is one of the dirtiest of all time.

Reaction Score
Not Mitchell, just the guy who has had two final fours vacated. The men's program at sUcKs is one of the dirtiest of all time.

Oh. The conversation was about women's programs so I didn't know you'd changed course. Isn't UL in trouble over bringing in prostitutes for players & recruits? As they say, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones .

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
His incentives are very lucrative. He supposedly ended up at $1,025,000 this past season and our AD will likely be increasing that heavily after this season. Louisville has no major league sports of any kind and UofL offers the only big time sports show in town, leading to the Cards being one of the richest athletic programs in the country at $120 million plus each year. No one will outbid UofL for Walz and if he can bring 7 McDonald's AAs onto one team at his location, why would he want to leave? I realize you're not saying it is likely, but at UofL, we like to think next to Aurie, our women's basketball coaching position is about as secure as any. Walz loves our fan support, 3rd only behind South Carolina and Tennessee, but probably close to overtaking Tennessee next season.

I don't see there ever being another UConn, but we're sure trying our best at UofL to at least be as respected. We would love to beat UConn just once. Just once. :)

You oughta be lobbying Walz to schedule UConn next year then. UConn figures to be more vulnerable than it's been in a long time; Louisville figures to have perhaps its strongest team ever.

Reaction Score
Oh. The conversation was about women's programs so I didn't know you'd changed course. Isn't UL in trouble over bringing in prostitutes for players & recruits? As they say, people who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones .

Well someone intimated that Green might be getting more than tuition and I was responding to that.

And yes it seems that a former assistant violated NCAA regulations. The school chose to voluntarily not participate in the ACC or NCAA tournament so we have already taken steps. We don't really know exactly what happened and unless the former assistant (who is no longer employed by any NCAA school so he doesn't have to talk to anyone) decides to say anything we may never know exactly what happened. I looked at the NCAA list of violations and UConn, or practically any school for that matter, can't throw stones.

We have to deal with UK fans on a daily basis and that undoubtedly crept into my response. We're all more than slightly bummed that something happened and really can't wait for it to be over.

Reaction Score
You oughta be lobbying Walz to schedule UConn next year then. UConn figures to be more vulnerable than it's been in a long time; Louisville figures to have perhaps its strongest team ever.

Jeff has gone on record that he would like to have a yearly home and home with UCONN. I think they are working towards that. I know the Card fan base would love to see it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom