2019 #1 Nyah Green to Louisville | The Boneyard

2019 #1 Nyah Green to Louisville

Status
Not open for further replies.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
Good old Jeff. Gets the hooks in nice and early. But that's the world we live in I guess.

Note that Hoopgurlz and ProspectsNation don't have any rankings out yet on 2019.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Side note - I wonder if Mercedes regrets choosing Tenn over L'ville. At this point it looks like the wrong decision (based on quality of coaching and team in general). She may have had many other reasons for choosing Tenn, but in hindsight, I wonder if she looks at the 2 teams now, and says "dang..."

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Good old Jeff. Gets the hooks in nice and early. But that's the world we live in I guess.

Note that Hoopgurlz and ProspectsNation don't have any rankings out yet on 2019.
Since coaches cannot comment on recruits until they sign LOIs you can never know if they have actually offered a scholarship or just sent out a mailing saying we are interested and please consider us when you think about playing in college.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score

PN has her ranked tie for 1st in the class with 4.5 stars.

Reaction Score
Since coaches cannot comment on recruits until they sign LOIs you can never know if they have actually offered a scholarship or just sent out a mailing saying we are interested and please consider us when you think about playing in college.

Hmm. I'm pretty sure if a reporter asks "did you offer XX a scholarship?" they can respond.

Reaction Score
Hmm. I'm pretty sure if a reporter asks "did you offer XX a scholarship?" they can respond.

No, they can't. That is why a lot of prospects just throw schools out there as their last 4 or 6 or 10 and we still don't know if a the schools mentioned have actually offered of not. It is one way for the prospect to get an offer from the school they really wanted to go to by making believe that so many schools are in competition.

Gate81

'Gate Grad Likes Cardinal & UConn Best
Reaction Score
Side note - I wonder if Mercedes regrets choosing Tenn over L'ville. At this point it looks like the wrong decision (based on quality of coaching and team in general). She may have had many other reasons for choosing Tenn, but in hindsight, I wonder if she looks at the 2 teams now, and says "dang..."
or she could have stayed closer to home and attended OSU. Understood that they have Ruth Hamblin, but still...

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
PN has her ranked tie for 1st in the class with 4.5 stars.

Those aren't really rankings, though. They've only given star ratings to about 20 girls so far. They have 7 4.5 star players in 2018 and 17 4.5 star players in 2017 so there can be a pretty big ranking difference within that star rating.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Those aren't really rankings, though. They've only given star ratings to about 20 girls so far. They have 7 4.5 star players in 2018 and 17 4.5 star players in 2017 so there can be a pretty big ranking difference within that star rating.
PN does not rank unless they have seen a player play live. They have seen about 20 kids in the class playlive so far. Of the 20 kids they have seen play she is tied for first. Granted this is a very small sample size but Bret at ASGR has her number 1 also.

Reaction Score

Those early commitments often change. This is a 9th grader, right? I wouldn't put money on that commitment remaining firm. Coach Geno actually dissuades kids from committing early. So no biggie.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
She had an SC offer too. Good get for Walz.. heck of a recruiter.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Those early commitments often change. This is a 9th grader, right? I wouldn't put money on that commitment remaining firm. Coach Geno actually dissuades kids from committing early. So no biggie.
Andra Espinosa-Hunter committed to UCONN as a HS Sophmore and visited UCONN as a Freshmen.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
PN does not rank unless they have seen a player play live. They have seen about 20 kids in the class playlive so far. Of the 20 kids they have seen play she is tied for first. Granted this is a very small sample size but Bret at ASGR has her number 1 also.

Yeah, no doubt she's very good.

Reaction Score
Does she have an an offer from the local JC, like the kid from Chino? That sounded good at the time.

Reaction Score
9th grade, 15 years old seems too early. But best wish to her.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Andra Espinosa-Hunter committed to UCONN as a HS Sophmore and visited UCONN as a Freshmen.
Nevertheless if I were Jeff I'd keep a firm tether on this one. For the most part, AE aside, early commits mean late regrets. Still in all, I hope she remains firm. The cynic fan in me is wondering how much over tuition will she be getting? The coach in me is saying how involved in the future will daddy be. The young girl player in me says as long I get to hoist up 20 a game and be the star I'll be happy. As a Husky fan I say thank goodness coach doesn't have a constant text line with 14 and 15 year olds.

Reaction Score

I think, Eric, that Tenn is perfect place for some..... adoration of the fan base, and no pressure to accept accountability..... good for those who want to freewheel..... and not to be coached.....

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
With 19 offers on the table, Green said the other finalists were Tennessee, South Carolina, Baylor and LSU.

"My decision finally came down to Baylor and Louisville," she said. "I chose Louisville because of their great coaching staff. They are genuine and they let their players play. I want them to make me a better player and give me the truth about my game so I can develop."

http://espn.go.com/espnw/sports/art...ff-walz-louisville-cardinals-women-basketball

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

He's also "expressed interest" in freshman Michelle Sidor of Saddle River, NJ, who was featured in a thread a week or two ago, as was U of Maryland.

Reaction Score
With 19 offers on the table, Green said the other finalists were Tennessee, South Carolina, Baylor and LSU.

"My decision finally came down to Baylor and Louisville," she said. "I chose Louisville because of their great coaching staff. They are genuine and they let their players play. I want them to make me a better player and give me the truth about my game so I can develop."
They are genuine and they let their players play,
This sentence looks funny. Which school recruits you not to play?

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
I'm assuming she means play early..... or maybe Walz told her that she'll be able to play how she wants, any position, 1-3..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom