2015 Recruits - Stat Tracker | Page 7 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruits - Stat Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Taking nothing away from enoch but he got killed this game if you were watching.

I still look forward to having him next year

I watched and no he did not get killed. Enoch outplayed him in the first half. The kid from Georgetown got the better of him in the second half. Also Enoch was on the bench with foul trouble when he did a lot of his damage.

Reaction Score
Yes, I watched. He got worked in the second half, but he was great in the first half.
Did he partially get worked because he was in foul trouble all second half? I didn't see the first half so I didn't really get to see when he excelled.

caw

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a game recently from STM or Brewster (though recently is relative).

A few things on UConn guys:

Adams is the best PG on Brewster. He has a few high school things he needs to work on but man he has a crazy amount of game and potential. He looks a lot like Reggie Jackson, with maybe more upside as an actual point guard. He had 13-3-3 with 2 steals and 1 block at least in the second half.

Enoch struggled a ton with Derrickson. That said, Enoch did look like he has very good form on his shot, got decent post position and was a willing and able passer from the post (in high school). He didn't push Derrickson off the block well enough which was the basis for his problem with Derrickson.

Other thoughts:

Derrickson is a bull with a good post game but he looks limited athletically today.

Mitchell reminds me of Rodney Purvis without the three point shooting but a better foul shooter (maybe). I can count the number of times he actually dribbled in the half court on one hand. Seemed either scared to dribble or was the coaches game plan told him not to and he listened.

The two kids going to UVA and Wiscy barely played.

Can I be selfish and wish for three things? I want Romar canned at Washington, then I want Crisp to join Adams at UConn then I wouldn't mind Brewsters coach to join UConn. He managed to get 7 HM players to come to his high school. The 6th and 7th guys on his team are getting scholarships to two teams in the top 10.

Reaction Score
I watched and no he did not get killed. Enoch outplayed him in the first half. The kid from Georgetown got the better of him in the second half. Also Enoch was on the bench with foul trouble when he did a lot of his damage.

Thats simply not true, a lot of the georgetown kids points were one on one with enoch, i suppose foul trouble played a role in enoch not battling for position.

In the game just now whenever Brewster needed a basket they gave it to derrickson in the post and he finished with ease.

Having said that, The first thing I think enoch should work on is post defense for next year. The kid got post position with ease on him.

Reaction Score
Thats simply not true, a lot of the georgetown kids points were one on one with enoch, i suppose foul trouble played a role in enoch not battling for position.

In the game just now whenever Brewster needed a basket they gave it to derrickson in the post and he finished with ease.

Having said that, The first thing I think enoch should work on is post defense for next year. The kid got post position with ease on him.

It is true. Yes, he beat Enoch a bunch of times, but when Enoch was on the bench with foul trouble, Derrickson carved up Deng and that white guy, too.

Reaction Score
Haven't seen a game recently from STM or Brewster (though recently is relative).

A few things on UConn guys:

Adams is the best PG on Brewster. He has a few high school things he needs to work on but man he has a crazy amount of game and potential. He looks a lot like Reggie Jackson, with maybe more upside as an actual point guard. He had 13-3-3 with 2 steals and 1 block at least in the second half.

Enoch struggled a ton with Derrickson. That said, Enoch did look like he has very good form on his shot, got decent post position and was a willing and able passer from the post (in high school). He didn't push Derrickson off the block well enough which was the basis for his problem with Derrickson.

Other thoughts:

Derrickson is a bull with a good post game but he looks limited athletically today.

Mitchell reminds me of Rodney Purvis without the three point shooting but a better foul shooter (maybe). I can count the number of times he actually dribbled in the half court on one hand. Seemed either scared to dribble or was the coaches game plan told him not to and he listened.

The two kids going to UVA and Wiscy barely played.

Can I be selfish and wish for three things? I want Romar canned at Washington, then I want Crisp to join Adams at UConn then I wouldn't mind Brewsters coach to join UConn. He managed to get 7 HM players to come to his high school. The 6th and 7th guys on his team are getting scholarships to two teams in the top 10.

Preach.

Reaction Score
Will there be a replay?

I think you need an account in order to view it on replay. Creating an account is easy.

The Champsionship game is on tonight @ 7:30 pm.
Brewster plays IMG Academy, so another chance to see Adams play.

Reaction Score
For those who missed it, the best play happened after the whistle blew (even if the dunk didn't happen):

FR01Brj.jpeg

4in16

uses the force
Reaction Score
I saw that play, too bad the dunk didn't happen crazy anyways.

Reaction Score
Adams is going to be must see tv. he's got a swagger and puts a lot of sauce on his crossovers and passes. I can't wait for him to suit up.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Yea
I think you need an account in order to view it on replay. Creating an account is easy.

The Champsionship game is on tonight @ 7:30 pm.
Brewster plays IMG Academy, so another chance to see Adams play.
yea I do, I just didn't see the option anywhere. Maybe they take a day to post it

Reaction Score
Yea

yea I do, I just didn't see the option anywhere. Maybe they take a day to post it

I think you are correct about it being delayed. If I remember correctly, on the Cox site, it did take a day or so to get the prior games up. I want to say I had issues getting the replays to replay. :-(

caw

Reaction Score
At about the 13 minute mark of a the second half Adams had a really nice tip follow. Anyone gif that?

Edit: At least I think it was Adams.

Also, Simons is a project if he wants to be a PG. SG should be his position.

Reaction Score
Long reach on the tap in. He will play like a very big guard with his length. Yeah, when he gets comfortable he'll be special.

Reaction Score
Comments to previous points made

Enoch can make 3 pt shots but Derrikson is an excellent open 3 point shooter who has made 3-4 in each game I have seen in person including ST Thomas More at Brewster in Feb. After watching most of the high ranked kids it is clear to me he is way under ranked.

Mitchell is exactly a Purvis clone. More explosive to the hoop like Purvis drive dunk recently, streaking 3 pt shot, but relentless offensive rebounder.

The comment about David Crisp has been exactly my thought for 2 months. Ranked in the area of 110, in my mind he should be right behind Adams in the top 40. I have predicted he will be an impact player at Washington. If you gave me the choice between Briscoe and Crisp I would take Crisp, that is how under ranked I think he is at 110 vs top 10. (I'd also take Adams over any guard, with due respect to Trier and Newman that are equivalent or arguably better in some ways)

Enoch will help us but isn't a savior. I saw a New Hampton game in person and Tyler Lydon lit up ST Thomas More for over 30 from outside where Enoch was an unsuccessful defender, and inside where he was quicker. The Syracuse commit looked GREAT. I have seen Enoch 4 times and it seems the style matchup he has is key to how he looks. I like him and think he has a good upside, but he will be a solid contributor rather than an impact player, at least early in his career.

No way Simon is recruited by Arizona as a point guard. His game is as a wing, not even really a 2 guard although I'm sure he could play that position. Simon would be the 5th best to play point guard on Brewster's roster, forget about Arizona level play.

Reaction Score
http://scouthoops.scout.com/story/1527882-kentucky-derby-festival-roster?s=75

Jalen Adams has been selected to play in the Kentucky Derby Festival. The game takes place on April 11th at Freedom Hall in Louisville, Ky. The event will also hold their Night of the Future Stars event (skills and dunk contests) at New Albany (Ind.) High on April 10th. Here are the rosters:

Team One
Jalen Adams (UConn)
Daniel Giddens (Ohio State)
Austin Grandstaff (Ohio State)
Dedric Lawson (Memphis)
KJ Lawson (Memphis)
Ryan McMahon (Louisville)
Matt Ryan (Notre Dame)
Justin Simon (Arizona)
Raymond Spalding (Louisville)
Deng Adel (Louisville)

Team Two