2015 Recruiting Thread | Page 51 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The long and short of it is....if you're the type of kid who is easily influenced by other's opinions, then you go where everyone thinks you should...to the "name" schools. But if you're a leader...you don't care about that...and you'd want to lead your home state program to a new higher level...you'd select UConn. This is what Dan O did...because he IS a true leader. In this age of social media..with so much peer pressure...it's not an easy choice. But then again...followers don't lead...and leaders don't follow!

Reaction Score
The long and short of it is....

The long and short of it is (and I hate to say it) UConn needs to get a pulse (that display against Army was not good), lets get 2 winning seasons and right the ship. AAC sucks, but man we need some W's. W's we can directly experience, this conference crap is luck of god.

Reaction Score
I would honestly go to UConn. My mentality is f*$k any other school in the P5 especially Rutgers, Syracuse, Penn State, Pitt, and BC. I've always wanted to play for my home state school and represent. I don't know if you remember Kory Sheets (Raiders RB) he was a top player in CT a few years back, but his brother is my best friend. I chilled with Sheets all the time and had a UConn offer as well as many other P5 offers, but at the end he elected to commit to Purdue. In high school I would always tell him that he should commit to UConn but he wasn't interested in UConn because he thought of UConn to be small time. I guess where I'm getting at is that if I was offered in high school no matter what other school would have offered me UConn would be the school I would have committed to. UConn was always a place I wanted to play football.

At the end of the day, its what you would do. And Sheets' thought follows/embodies what you will probably hear from most others in his shoes about Uconn, sadly.

Reaction Score
I would honestly go to UConn. My mentality is f*$k any other school in the P5 especially Rutgers, Syracuse, Penn State, Pitt, and BC. I've always wanted to play for my home state school and represent. I don't know if you remember Kory Sheets (Raiders RB) he was a top player in CT a few years back, but his brother is my best friend. I chilled with Sheets all the time and had a UConn offer as well as many other P5 offers, but at the end he elected to commit to Purdue. In high school I would always tell him that he should commit to UConn but he wasn't interested in UConn because he thought of UConn to be small time. I guess where I'm getting at is that if I was offered in high school no matter what other school would have offered me UConn would be the school I would have committed to. UConn was always a place I wanted to play football.
I think you're in the minority there. As much as I'd love to see the 4 and 5 star local kids come to UConn, I can't fault any kid with a big time offer for taking it. As much as I love UConn, there is a huge gap between playing football here and playing football at Florida, Ohio State, etc.

Reaction Score
The long and short of it is (and I hate to say it) UConn needs to get a pulse (that display against Army was not good), lets get 2 winning seasons and right the ship. AAC sucks, but man we need some W's. W's we can directly experience, this conference crap is luck of god.

We need to and SHOULD dominate the AAC.. No excuses going fwd...

Reaction Score
Really look those numbers up and then get back to me.
http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/nfl-active.html

http://www.uconnhuskies.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/uconn-in-nfl.html

http://www.mgoblue.com/sports/m-footbl/archive/in-the-nfl.html

http://espn.go.com/nfl/college/_/letter/c
Uconn is well represented, sure, that makes me happy. They haven't been doing it for nearly as long as most of the P5 schools. People cry out on here for Uconn to get to a P5 conference so they can bring in bigger recruits among other things. Fact of the matter is, Uconn is not currently in a P5 conference and those "big time" recruits who are in state look else where.

Reaction Score
Uconn by 3.
I think you'd find UConn about middle of the pack in FBS. If you're going to compare us to Ohio State and Michigan then yeah but Syracuse, UVA, Wake Forest, Duke, Iowa State, Washington State, Baylor, I think UConn could hold its own against all those schools in terms of current pros. UConn has outstanding facilities and a big time strength coach. I think they will continue to do find producing pros. I expect Byron Jones and Geremy Davis to catch on off this year's team.

Reaction Score
It all started with Wilkins and the question, why don't in state prospects, with those offers in hand, not want to play for Uconn? Look at his offer list. My reasoning for comparing the two. If I had the same offer list, I would play outside of the state as well. Like many have mentioned, conference affiliation and exposure could have something to do with it as well. I am sure some feel going to a big D1 school in one of the P5 conferences means coaching from some of the best in the college game. Again, something else to consider.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Visiting next month, so there's a shot.

Hudanick is the kid left on the board I really want to see land here. I'll admit I don't get to watch a lot of high school tape, but of what I have seen, his stands out. It seems that with every snap he wants to dominate the player in front of him.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
It all started with Wilkins and the question, why don't in state prospects, with those offers in hand, not want to play for Uconn? Look at his offer list. My reasoning for comparing the two. If I had the same offer list, I would play outside of the state as well. Like many have mentioned, conference affiliation and exposure could have something to do with it as well. I am sure some feel going to a big D1 school in one of the P5 conferences means coaching from some of the best in the college game. Again, something else to consider.

We need to do a little more winning, then maybe the 4 star in state kids would take a longer look. At this point, as long as Wilkins doesnt end up at BC, I'll be fine. I think Diaco has the charm to pull in a couple 4 star in state kids once we have restored a winning program.

Reaction Score
Because there isn't a 2016 Recruiting thread yet, Tyler Davis keeps reaping this kid on twitter. 3 star LB out in Cali. I followed him on twitter, he immediately DM'd me to talk UConn football.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2171735/highlights/175492380#

Alec Simpson ‏@alecsimpson5 Nov 20
UCONN is really on the rise tho
1f43e.png
1f4af.png
#HUSKIES

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We need to do a little more winning, then maybe the 4 star in state kids would take a longer look. At this point, as long as Wilkins doesnt end up at BC, I'll be fine. I think Diaco has the charm to pull in a couple 4 star in state kids once we have restored a winning program.
Agreed.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Chicken or egg sort of problem. Players want exposure that an established program can provide. They don't want to be a building block because what if it takes longer than 4 years to build?

Reaction Score
Chicken or egg sort of problem. Players want exposure that an established program can provide. They don't want to be a building block because what if it takes longer than 4 years to build?
Also agree. Someone has to pave the way and be the one.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Also agree. Someone has to pave the way and be the one.
Yessir...By and large, their egos are to large to think it should be them. Football is the ultimate team game. Much easier to steal a 4 Star in basketball. One player can have a much larger effect on the team.

Reaction Score
Yessir...By and large, their egos are to large to think it should be them. Football is the ultimate team game. Much easier to steal a 4 Star in basketball. One player can have a much larger effect on the team.
Correct. I know the current class isn't made of 4 stars, but seeing them interact through social media and games, the brotherhood, family bond for lack of a better term appears to already be forming before they even hit campus. Good to see and could prove better than 5, 4 star athletes with an ego.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
UCONN has more pro's than Michigan St, Rutgers, Louisville, West Virginia, Pittsburgh and a number of other schools. Tied with BC and Arizona St.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
UCONN has more pro's than Michigan St, Rutgers, Louisville, West Virginia, Pittsburgh and a number of other schools. Tied with BC and Arizona St.
I don't think we have more pros than Rutgers or BC, the others I don't know about. The point is clear, playing at UConn doesn't put you at a disadvantage to playing in the NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom