2015 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
BrianDohnScout 12:52pm via TweetDeck
4-star DT Christian Wilkins has 2 OVs set, 2 more trying to finalize (deleted link) #PennState #ND #Clemson #BC #OhioState #Stanford

What I don't get is why these kids ( Christian Wilkins, Anthony Palazzolo, Zach Allen, Evan Adams, etc... ) just doesn't stay home and play for Uconn. They say Uconn sucks and they're small time, but at the same time they leave instead of staying home and making an impact here at Uconn. I just don't get it. Good luck to them.

Reaction Score
The fact of the matter is that some kids want to go away to school or they want to go to schools that offer different opportunities than UConn. It is okay that some leave. UConn is a few years away from having kids who grew up watching D1 football in state and haveing a connection to the program. I believe we are on the right track, after one giant misstep. I do believe the program continues to have a hurdle with local HS football coaches, who believe they are better than they are, more important than they are, and forget they are, in most cases, paid by the state.

On the flip side, we do have several local kids who are playing and playing well. The more that happens, the more the local kids have guys they connect with (and the good ones all know each other from the circuits and communicate with each other constantly), and the stronger the ties become. We need the Boyle, the Newsome, the Stewart, the Adeyemi, the Thomas to thrive here and carry that message to the next wave. It will happen, it just takes time. But there will never be a day when every good local kid wants to stay in the area.

Reaction Score
On the flip side, we do have several local kids who are playing and playing well. The more that happens, the more the local kids have guys they connect with (and the good ones all know each other from the circuits and communicate with each other constantly), and the stronger the ties become. We need the Boyle, the Newsome, the Stewart, the Adeyemi, the Thomas to thrive here and carry that message to the next wave. It will happen, it just takes time. But there will never be a day when every good local kid wants to stay in the area.

Once Edsall left this philosophy got stunted a little bit... The instability was apparent... Now we seem to be righting the ship... I expect big differences in the coming years...

Reaction Score
Edsall alienated the local mafia, er HS coaches. Not sure that was the ship one wants to right if trying to secure local talent.

Reaction Score
Nice update from JB @ TOS on Hartwick (kudos!).

>>Hartwick re-tore his ACL and meniscus in his left knee, after originally tearing both last October. Some of the rumors circling around Hartwick had to deal with his scholarship being pulled from him. "They had to take my scholarship away, but we kept talking and we have decided that I will grey shirt," he said. "I will be going next January. They told us a couple options and we decided that grey shirting would be the best option for me."The other options that were discussed were going to a prep school or a junior college. So how does Hartwick feel now that this has all been resolved?<<

Reaction Score
Updated Offer/Commit list...
  1. Nas Bonner (APB) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA
  2. Christian Wilkins (DT) - Suffield Academy, Suffield CT
  3. Jordan Fox (OLB/TE) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
  4. Jay Stocker (S) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
  5. Shareef Miller (DE) -Georgetown HS, Philadelphia PA
  6. Najee Clayton (WR) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
  7. Saleem Brightwell (OLB) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
  8. Channing Hames (DE/DT) - Bishop O'Connell, Arlington VA
  9. Karon Jackson (DB/WR) - American High School, Hialeah FL
  10. Raequan Williams (DE/TE) - Gordon Tech, Chicago Ill
  11. Amir Ealey (TE/DE) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
  12. Goren Krasic, (G/DE) - Hackensack High School, NJ (No offer yet...)
  13. David Ryslik (DE) - Peddie School, Hightstown NJ
  14. Anthony Wheeler (LB) - Skyline High School, Dallas Texas
  15. Darrion Daniels (DT) - Bishop Dunne High School, Dallas Texas
  16. Jeff Christian (CB) - Colerain High School, Cincinnati Ohio
  17. Qaadir Sheppard (OLB) - Iona Prep, New Rochelle NY
  18. Jordan Craig (LB/TE) - Toms River North, Toms River NJ
  19. Elijah Ball (WR) - Princeton High School, Cincinnati, OH
  20. Lawrence Cager (WR) - Calvert College High School, Towson MD
  21. Dan Clifford (OT) - Hoboken High School, Hoboken NJ.
  22. Marvin Robinson (WR) - Stranahan High School, Ft. Lauderdale FL
  23. Xavier Castille (WR/S) - Rockwall High School, Rockwall Texas
  24. Alex Parkinson (WR/DE/OLB) - Mamaroneck High School, Mamaroneck New York
  25. Jared Southers (OT) - Seton Hall Prep, West Orange NJ
  26. Marcus Marshall (RB) - Millbrook High School, Raleigh, North Carolina
  27. Sheldrick Redwine (CB) - Killian High School - Miami, Florida
  28. Lawrence Stevens (DB) - Don Bosco Prep - Ramsey New Jersey
  29. Troy Gethers (S) - Paramus Catholic, Paramus New Jersey
  30. Austrian Robinson (DE) - Trinity Pawling School, Pawling New York
  31. Antonyo Sotolongo (S) - Gulliver Prep, Miami Florida
  32. Tyson Cisrow (S) St. Thomas Aquinas, Fort Lauderdale, Florida
  33. Jack Bates (OL) - Episcopal High School, Alexandria VA
  34. Peter Firestone (DE) - The Lawrenceville School, Trenton New Jersey
  35. Kevin Jackson (DB/WR) - Nazareth Academy High School, LaGrange Park, IL
  36. Ryan Agnew (DT QB) - Southlake Carroll Senior High School, Southlake Texas
  37. Zordan Holman (TE/DE) - Cheverus High School, Portland, Maine
  38. Marcus Brown (DT/OG) - Lely High School, Naples Florida (?)
  39. Tyler Hudanick (OL/DL) - Seneca Valley High School, Harmony PA
  40. Kevin Murphy(DE) - West Chester East High School, West Chester PA (UConn Commit 6/9/14)
  41. Tyler Davis (QB) - Mepham High School, Bellmore New York (UConn Commit 6/12/14)
  42. Philippe Okounam (DE) - St Paul's High School, Conway New Hampshire (UConn Commit (6/13/14)
  43. Marshe Terry (S/WR) - North Burlington Regional HS, Columbus NJ (UConn Commit 6/17/14)
  44. Connor Freeborn (OLB/DE - Salesianum School - Wilmington, Del (UConn Commit 6/18/14)
  45. Aaron McLean (WR/FS) - St Mark's High School - Southborough, MA (UConn Commit 6/20/14)
  46. Ian Campbell (TE/WR) - Pequannock Township - Pompton Plains, NJ (UConn Commit 6/24/14)
  47. Nazir Williams (WR/DE/OLB) - Bridgeton HS - Bridgeton NJ (UConn Commit 6/26/14)
  48. Aaron Garland (CB) - Fenwick High - Oak Park Illinois (UConn Commit 6/27/14)
  49. John Robinson (CB) - Dwight Morrow High School, Englewood - New Jersey (UConn Commit 6/28/14)
  50. William Richardson (TE/LB) - Ballou High School, Washington DC (UConn Commit 7/7/14 - original commit date)
  51. Chris Lee (TE) - Severna Park High School, Serverna Maryland (UConn Commit 7/18/14)
  52. Justus Pettus-Dixon (CB) - St. Frances Academy, Baltimore Maryland (UConn Commit 7/30/14)
  53. Frank Battle (WR/FS) - Belen Jesuit Prep, Miami Fl (UConn Commit (9/2/14)
  54. Felton "Trey" Blackwell (OL/DL) - Cedar Creek High School, Egg Harbor City NJ (UConn Commit 10/5/2014)
  55. Michael Tarbutt (K/P) - Canisius High School Buffalo NY (UConn Commit 10/10/2014)
  56. Tyraiq Beals (WR) - East Orange High School, East Orange New Jersey (UConn Commit 10/15/14)
  57. Brian Cespedes (OT) - New London High School, New London CT (UConn Commit 10/17/14)
  58. Hergy Mayala (SS/WR) - Trinity Pawling School, New York (UConn Commit 10/21/14)
  59. Matthew Peart (DE/T) - Governor's Academy, Byfield MA (UConn Commit 11/11/14)
  60. Nakia Griffin (WR/TE/OLB/SS) - Tenafly High School - Tenafly NJ (Rutgers Commit when offered)
  61. De'Andre Johnson (DT QB) - First Coast HS, Jacksonville FL (FSU Commit 7/20/12, yes 2012)
  62. Dexter Neal (WR) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (South Carolina Commit 5/16/13)
  63. Andrew Butcher (DE) - Alpharetta HS, Alpharetta GA (Tennessee Commit 6/8/13)
  64. Arrington Farrar (S) - Woodard Academy, College Park GA (Stanford Commit 8/6/13)
  65. Anthony Palazzolo (DT) - Fairfield Prep, Fairfield CT (Boston College Commit 12/23/13)
  66. DuWayne Johnson (CB) - Woodson HS, Washington DC (Virginia Tech Commit 2/8/14)
  67. Chauncey Rivers (TE/DE) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (Georgia Commit 2/15/14)
  68. Ryan Buchholz (DE/TE) - Great Valley HS, Malvern PA (Penn State Commit 2/24/14)
  69. Steve Gonzalez (OT) - Union City HS, Union City NJ (Penn State Commit 3/29/14)
  70. Aaron Monteiro (OL) - Brockton High School, Brockton MA (Boston College Commit 3/29/14)
  71. Zach Allen (DE/LB) - New Canaan HS, New Canaan CT (Northwestern Commit 4/15/14)
  72. Sam Tecklenburg (DT/TE/OT) - Plano HS, Plano Tx (Baylor Commit 4/17/14)
  73. Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ (Alabama Commit 4/19/14)
  74. Trevor Ruhland (OL) - Cary-Grove HS, Cary Ill. (Notre Dame Commit 4/23/14)
  75. Jalen Christian (ATH/CB) - Damascus HS, Damascus MD (South Carolina Commit 5/15/14)
  76. Quentin Harris (QB) - The Taft School, Watertown CT (Duke Commit 5/23/14)
  77. David Eldridge (WR/CB) - Kettle Run HS, Nokesville VA (Virginia Commit 5/29/14)
  78. Adam Lemke-Bell (OT) - Oak Park River Forest HS, Illinois (Northwestern Commit 5/31/14)
  79. Noah Listermann (OL) - Winston Woods High School, Cincinnati Ohio (Michigan State Commit 6/1/14)
  80. Tanner Crowley (LB) - Manasquan High School, Manasquan NJ (Virginia Commit 6/3/14)
  81. Alex Hornibrook (QB) - Malvern Prep, Malvern PA (Pittsburgh Commit 6/7/14)
  82. Jamie Gordiner (LB/DE) - Red Bank Catholic, Red Bank NJ (University of Miami Commit 6/9/14)
  83. Elijah Robinson (QB/S) Montclair High School, Montclair N.J. (Boston College Commit 6/10/14)
  84. Will Harris (DB) - Choate-Rosemary Hall, Wallingford CT (Boston College Commit 6/11/14)
  85. Leon Thornton (WR) - Montini Catholic, Lombard Ill. (Indiana Commit 6/11/14)
  86. Tommy Hatton (OL) - St. Joseph Regional HS, Montvale NJ (North Carolina Commit 6/13/14)
  87. Billy Bahl (QB) - Marian Central Catholic HS, Woodstock Illinois (Miami-Ohio Commit 6/15/14)
  88. Zach Abercrumbia (DT) - Skyline High School, Dallas Texas (Rice Commit 6/16/14)
  89. Jeremiah Atoki (Ath) - Vineland High School, Vineland NJ (Temple Commit 6/16/14)
  90. Chris Clark (TE) - Avon Old Farms Prep, Avon CT (Michigan Commit 6/19/14)
  91. Jahrvis Davenport (WR) - Robinson High School, Tampa Florida (Maryland Commit 6/20/14)
  92. Chris Garrison (TE) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA (Boston College Commit 6/21/14)
  93. Manny Bowen (LB) - Barnegat HS, Barnegat NJ (Penn State Commit 6/21/14)
  94. Jake Bargas (TE) - St Andrew's School, Boca Raton FL (Wake Forest Commit 6/21/14)
  95. George Asafo-Adjei (OL) - Lakota West High School, West Chester, Ohio (Kentucky Commit 6/23/14)
  96. Jaire Alexander (DB) - Rocky River High School, Mint Hill (NC) (South Carolina Commit 6/23/14)
  97. Dionte Austin (CB) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD (Wake Forest Commit 6/24/14)
  98. Ryan Kroeger (OL/DL) - Red Bank Catholic, Freehold NJ (Fordham Commit 6/25/14)
  99. Kirk Livingstone (DE) - Stranahan High School, Ft. Lauderdale FL (UAB Commit 6/25/14)
  100. Taj-Amir Torrez - (WR/ATH) - Amherst Regional HS - Amherst MA (Boston College Commit (6/26/14)
  101. Carl Thompson (DL) - Guyer High School, Denton Texas (Kansas Commit 6/26/14)
  102. Omari Stringer (DB/LB/S) - Crete-Monee High School, Crete Illinois (Indiana Commit 6/30/14)
  103. Miles Boykin (WR) - Providence Catholic, New Lenox Illinois (Notre Dame Commit 7/2/14)
  104. Brandon Feamster (DB) - Downington East High School, Exton PA (Duke Commit 7/2/14)
  105. D.J. Moore (WR/ATH) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA (MD Commit 7/2/14)
  106. A.D. Miller (WR) - Bishop Dunne Catholic Prep, Dallas, Texas (Illinois Commit 7/5/14)
  107. A.J. Turner (RB/S) - Centreville HS, Clifton VA (USCe Commit 7/10/14)
  108. Marcus Walker (S) - Lake Wales HS - Lake Wales FL (Decommit from Kentucky 4/16/14 >Re-Commit > Kentucky (7/18/14)
  109. Kareem Ali (CB) - Timber Creek Regional HS, Gloucester Twnshp NJ (Maryland De-Commit >Temple Commit 7/19/14)
  110. Irvin Charles (WR) - Paul VI High School, Haddonfield New Jersey (Penn State Commit 7/19/14)
  111. Marques Ford (DE) - East Bay High School, Gibsonton FL (Tennessee Commit 7/19/14)
  112. Mirko Jurkovic (OL) - IMG Academy, Bradenton FL via St. Joes's HS South Bend, Ind. (Nebraska Commit 7/21/14)
  113. Kenneth Mann (DE) - Burleson High School, Burleson Texas (Oklahoma Commit 7/23/14)
  114. Conner Dyer (OT) - Horn High School, Mesquite Texas (Texas Tech Commit 7/29/14)
  115. Nevone McCrimmon (RB) - Mount Saint Joseph High School, Baltimore MD (Toledo Commit 7/30/14)
  116. Justin Spencer (CB/ATH) - Oviedo HS, Oviedo FL (Western Michigan Commit 7/30/14)
  117. Jake Pickard (TE/DE) - Millburn High School, Millburn New Jersey (Wisconsin Commit (7/31/14)
  118. Jestin Green (CB/WR) - Admiral Ferragut High School, St. Petersburg Florida (FIU Commit 7/31/14)
  119. Madison Akamnonu (OL) - Bowie High School, Arlington Texas (Texas Tech Commit 8/9/14)
  120. Carlton Davis (S) - Norland HS, Miami FL (Ohio State Commit 8/11/14)
  121. Quinn Oseland (OL) - Sacred Heart Griffin, Springfield Ill (Minnesota Commit 8/13/14)
  122. Joe Charlton (K/P) - AC Flora High School - Charleston South Carolina (South Carolina Commit 8/13/15)
  123. Gladimir Paul (DE) - Northeast High School, Philadelphia PA. (UVA Commit 8/19/14)
  124. J. Hunter Roman (DE) - New London High School - New London CT (Yale Commit 8/19/14)
  125. Connor Williams (OT) - Coppell High School, Coppell Texas (Texas Commit 9/4/14)
  126. Jeremiah Dinson (CB) - American High School, Hialeah Florida (Kentucky Commit 9/6/14)
  127. Daiquan Kelly (WR/SS/ATH) - Union City HS, Union City NJ (Syracuse Commit in June - Flipped to Penn State 9/14/14)
  128. Scott Washington (WR) - St John Catholic HS, Washington DC (Wake Forest Commit 9/20/2014)
  129. Brandon Wimbush (DT QB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ (Penn State Commit 5/6/14 - flipped to Notre Dame 10/7/14)
  130. Freddie Simmons (WR) Bethlehem Catholic HS, Bethlehem PA (Rutgers Commit 10/21/14)
  131. Carlos Strickland (WR) - Skyline High School, Dallas Texas (Texas Tech Commit 10/29/14)
  132. Twazanga Mugala (DE/LB) - Ardrey Kell, Charlotte North Carolina (Purdue Commit 10/30/14)
  133. Matt Burrell (OT) - CD Hylton HS, Woodbridge VA (tOSU Commit 11/17/14)

Reaction Score
Husky,

I think we need to move Hartwick off "committed list". Per ToS

From Hartwick - They had to take my scholarship away (tore ACL and meniscus; 2d time) , but we kept talking and we have decided that I will grey shirt .... I will be going next January. They told us a couple options and we decided that grey shirting would be the best option for me.

Reaction Score
What I don't get is why these kids ( Christian Wilkins, Anthony Palazzolo, Zach Allen, Evan Adams, etc... ) just doesn't stay home and play for Uconn. They say Uconn sucks and they're small time, but at the same time they leave instead of staying home and making an impact here at Uconn. I just don't get it. Good luck to them.
because they like winning and not everybody wants to stay home

Reaction Score

I'm curious which one said "UConn sucks"??

Reaction Score
I'm curious which one said "UConn sucks"??

I chilled with Khairi Fortt (Cincinnati Bengals LB) a former four star player when he was being recruited by UConn a couple years ago. I was pitching him to play for UConn and he literally laughed in my face and said UConn sucks. Just last week Wilkins chilled with my cousins friend and also laughed when UConn was mentioned. That's the mentality of theses 3/4 star kids, they really get big headed when they get offers from BC, Pitt, Penn State, Ohio State, Note Damn etc.

Yes we have Newsome, Stewart, Boyle, Thomas, but the truth is Boyle was committed to BC (who by the way steals CT top players almost every year) before he committed to us because of coaching changes at BC; Graham committed to Florida before transferring here and was also a BC commit before he committed to FL ; Newsome as talented as he is was only offered by UConn and UMass according to rivals, so its obvious who his choice was going to be. Who knows who he would have chosen if P5 schools like FL or Ohio State would of offered. Noel Thomas only P5 offer was Rutgers.

I just wish that these top CT players give UConn a chance instead of leaving to the likes of Ohio State because of they're brand, instead they should help build a bigger brand here at UConn. Look at all the top recruits of this year in CT not one chose UConn:

Christian Wilkins - has a top 4 of Stanford, Penn State, Notre Damn, and Ohio State
Chris Clark - Michigan commit
Jarvis Miller - Penn State commit
Zach Allen - Northwestern commit
Anthony Palazzolo - BC commit
Anthony Guidice - Syracuse commit
Evan Adams - Syracuse commit
William Harris - BC commit
Brandon Ginnetti - Syracuse commit
Brandon Feamster - Duke commit
Sharrieff Grice - BC commit
Quentin Harris - Duke commit

Dynasty

Never not member
Reaction Score
It isn't the job of CT HS recruits to make UConn into a great football school.

That job is for the coaching staff.

Reaction Score
gioff23 said:
Edsall alienated the local mafia, er HS coaches. Not sure that was the ship one wants to right if trying to secure local talent.

those coaches were a bunch of whining babies. Your job as a high school coach is not to steer a player anywhere. Your job is to get your players to reach their potential, get their names out to colleges (division 1 to division 3), and get information from interested colleges to the player. That's it.

Some high school coaches here sure have delusions of grandeur.

Reaction Score
When steering players to more prominent schools, they feel it isa feather in their cap and gives them some bragging rights. College coaches have to kiss some butts to get high schools attention.

They should not have any input on who we hire or fire as UConns coaches.

Reaction Score
I chilled with Khairi Fortt (Cincinnati Bengals LB) a former four star player when he was being recruited by UConn a couple years ago. I was pitching him to play for UConn and he literally laughed in my face and said UConn sucks. Just last week Wilkins chilled with my cousins friend and also laughed when UConn was mentioned. That's the mentality of theses 3/4 star kids, they really get big headed when they get offers from BC, Pitt, Penn State, Ohio State, Note Damn etc.

Yes we have Newsome, Stewart, Boyle, Thomas, but the truth is Boyle was committed to BC (who by the way steals CT top players almost every year) before he committed to us because of coaching changes at BC; Graham committed to Florida before transferring here and was also a BC commit before he committed to FL ; Newsome as talented as he is was only offered by UConn and UMass according to rivals, so its obvious who his choice was going to be. Who knows who he would have chosen if P5 schools like FL or Ohio State would of offered. Noel Thomas only P5 offer was Rutgers.

I just wish that these top CT players give UConn a chance instead of leaving to the likes of Ohio State because of they're brand, instead they should help build a bigger brand here at UConn. Look at all the top recruits of this year in CT not one chose UConn:

Christian Wilkins - has a top 4 of Stanford, Penn State, Notre Damn, and Ohio State
Chris Clark - Michigan commit
Jarvis Miller - Penn State commit
Zach Allen - Northwestern commit
Anthony Palazzolo - BC commit
Anthony Guidice - Syracuse commit
Evan Adams - Syracuse commit
William Harris - BC commit
Brandon Ginnetti - Syracuse commit
Brandon Feamster - Duke commit
Sharrieff Grice - BC commit
Quentin Harris - Duke commit
Can you blame the kids for choosing those schools? If I was 17-18 years old, I would do the same. And I am a diehard Huskie fan. Right now, I would do the same. More exposure, good educational opportunities and the chance to get to the next level.

Reaction Score
Can you blame the kids for choosing those schools? If I was 17-18 years old, I would do the same. And I am a diehard Huskie fan. Right now, I would do the same. More exposure, good educational opportunities and the chance to get to the next level.

Your not a UConn fan if you say you would commit to another school. I've been a UConn fan since I was a kid and if I was a 4 or 5 star recruit without question I would commit to UConn if offered. UConn gets enough exposure, has a top 20 public school, and sends players to the next level every year. We sent a record of 6 or 8 players to the NFL a couple years ago, so the exposure, education, and sending players to the next level is an excuse. These kids should represent CT football and help the coaches bring UConn to where it needs to be.

Reaction Score
Your not a UConn fan if you say you would commit to another school. I've been a UConn fan since I was a kid and if I was a 4 or 5 star recruit without question I would commit to UConn if offered. UConn gets enough exposure, has a top 20 public school, and sends players to the next level every year. We sent a record of 6 or 8 players to the NFL a couple years ago, so the exposure, education, and sending players to the next level is an excuse. These kids should represent CT football and help the coaches bring UConn to where it needs to be.
I disagree. And for you to say I am not a fan, ha ok pal. Here is my final response to the fan experience survey.

"I wish I didn't live in Florida. I love my Huskies. Passionate and diehard no matter where I live. I attended the USF game in the pouring rain this season 3.5 hours from home in Vero Beach. Hope to catch Uconn vs UCF when they play down here next. Made it to the Boise State game this year while visiting home. I hope to make it to as many games as I can in the future. I will forever cheer and root for Uconn. A born and raised CT boy. Got to rep my home team!!! Go Huskies!! Bleed Blue! Let's Go!!!!"

If I didn't live in Florida I would be at every home game I could afford and attend. I drove across the state of Florida to stand in pouring rain and non ideal conditions to watch UConn play USF in September. I grew up in CT. I am a diehard basketball and football fan. Wilkins wouldn't be the first in state prospect to go big time and choose outside of CT. You pointed out all of them in this current class. It is an opinion. Year after year, the states best football players commit to schools outside of the state. You would commit to Uconn, I would commit to Uconn, but at the end of the day neither of our opinions matter. Of course I wish more of these big time recruits from CT would follow the LeBron route and want to be proud of his home. It would be great to have many of those you pointed out. But the coaching staff also has to show mutual interest.

Reaction Score
My apologies for stating that your not a fan. I based my statement on your comment that you wouldn't commit to UConn if you were offered by bigger schools.

Reaction Score
My apologies for stating that your not a fan. I based my statement on your comment that you wouldn't commit to UConn if you were offered by bigger schools.
ALot of these kids go with their "best" offer. If you had two offers, as a competitive athlete with the desire to get to the next level, Penn State or Uconn which would you go with? Which school is best known as a football powerhouse for lack of a better term? Be honest and realistic. We are fans, of course we would choose Uconn. When it comes to playing big time football, most are obliged to pick PSU. To be honest, can you blame them? A school with no football National Championships, 2 Big East conf. championships and a very young track record of NFL player graduation if you will. Which would you honestly and whole heartedly choose? We also don't know the resources these other schools have to offer to their student athletes during official visits to woo them and wow them. Just a thought.

Reaction Score
I would honestly go to UConn. My mentality is f*$k any other school in the P5 especially Rutgers, Syracuse, Penn State, Pitt, and BC. I've always wanted to play for my home state school and represent. I don't know if you remember Kory Sheets (Raiders RB) he was a top player in CT a few years back, but his brother is my best friend. I chilled with Sheets all the time and had a UConn offer as well as many other P5 offers, but at the end he elected to commit to Purdue. In high school I would always tell him that he should commit to UConn but he wasn't interested in UConn because he thought of UConn to be small time. I guess where I'm getting at is that if I was offered in high school no matter what other school would have offered me UConn would be the school I would have committed to. UConn was always a place I wanted to play football.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score

Look at how many pro's are in the NFL from UConn. That is a crappy response

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul