2015 Recruiting Thread | Page 11 | The Boneyard

2015 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
My opinion about those 3 schools and whether their coaches will steer kids away from UCONN stems from quotes the three of them made after Pasqualoni and DeLeone were fired after the Buffalo game. As far as talent goes, Allen will only be the 2nd kid (Conor Hanratty was his first) he has sent to a P-5 school in the entire time he has coached at New Canaan. Definitely a guy who believes his own hype!

I have got to say something. I have met Marinelli. He has been coaching at New Canaan for what must be forty years. In that time I have heard and read nothing that didn't refer to the man in glowing terms; both as a man and a coach. The only place I've ever seen his character questioned was here, on the BY. His reaction to the PP/GDL firings was wrong. It's always been my guess that he considered both friends and was reacting as a loyal friend. I'll also bet, based on what I know about the man, that he would never go out of his way to trash UCONN or any other school to one of his players. Honestly, he is a good guy who said something stupid.

As to FF County's perception of UCONN, it is important to note that UCONN has been the number-one four year University destination for Greenwich High School graduates for, at least, the last four years. I've been told that the same is true of New Canaan, Darien and Westport. UCONN's academic reputation has been cemented down here. This is a place that understands value. The overwhelming majority of FF County's wealthy/well-to-do understand the value a UCONN education provides.

Football and football players are a separate argument. Football, because of the PP years, has to be sold almost separately from the University. No player wants to be put in a situation that gets his ass kicked every Fall weekend. The academic benefits, as great as they are, will be evaluated in a context that includes FB taking up the majority of college life. FB games are fun. Teammates are fun. Preparation necessary to compete at the FBS level provides drudgery, boredom and pain that can only be offset by winning games. Winning will draw the 3, 4 and occasional 5-star FF County kids to UCONN. The good news is that HCBD will play in FF County.

Reaction Score
Marinelli, also, during that speil about UConn firing PP & GDL, stated Connor Hanratty is starting at ND and UConn didn't even attempt to recruit him. Connor is Terry Hanratty's son. UConn had little to no shot at him.
Very unfair statement by Marinelli. It shows his true feelings towards UConn.

cttxus

The CT-TX-US Connection: Historic, Alive and Well
Reaction Score
You can scratch recruit #13 off the list. BTW, I included the retweet from Richard Lagow because they're both from the same HS and obviously played together.

Retweeted by Richard Lagow
Sam Tecklenburg ‏@samteck82 22h
Proud to say I've officially committed to play football for Baylor University!!! Proud to be a Bear! pic.twitter.com/0L66pnV1bN

Reaction Score
Updated Offer/Commit list...

1. Tommy Hatton (OL) - St. Joseph Regional HS, Montvale NJ
2. Naz Bonner (APB) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA
3. Kareem Ali (CB) - Timber Creek Regional HS, Gloucester Twnshp NJ
4. Christian Wilkins (DT) - Suffield Academy, Suffield CT
5. Taj-Amir Torrez - (WR/ATH) - Amherst Regional HS - Amherst MA
6. Jordan Fox (OLB/TE) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
7. Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
8. Brandon Wimbush (DT QB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
9. Jay Stocker (S) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
10. Dionte Austin (CB) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
11. Juantez McRae (S) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
12. Justin Spencer (CB/Ath) - Oviedo HS, Oviedo FL
13. Jalen Christian (ATH/CB) - Damascus HS, Damascus MD
14. Chris Garrison (TE) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA
15. Matt Burrell (OT) - CD Hylton HS, Woodbridge VA
16. Shareef Miller (DE) -Frankford HS, Philadelphia PA
17. Will Harris (DB) - Choate-Rosemary Hall, Wallingford CT
18. Quinn Oseland (OL) - Sacred Heart Griffin, Springfield Ill
19. Carlton Davis (S) - Norland HS, Miami FL (erroneously reported as a commit to the "U")
20. Najee Clayton (WR) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
21. Saleem Brightwell (OLB) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
22. Dave Tolentino (NG/T) - St. Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ.
23. Leon Thornton (WR) - Montini Catholic, Lombard Ill.
24. Channing Hames (DE/DT) - Bishop O'Connell, Arlington VA
25. Manny Bowen (LB) - Barnegat HS, Barnegat NJ
26. Trevor Ruhland (OL) - Cary-Grove HS, Cary Ill.
27. Karon Jackson (DB/WR) - American High School, Hialeah FL
28. Raequan Williams (DE/TE) - Gordon Tech, Chicago Ill.
29. Jamie Gordiner (LB/DE) - Red Bank Catholic, Red Bank NJ
30. Miles Boykin (WR) - Providence Catholic, New Lenox Ill.
31. Moses Mayes (WR/Athlete) - Faulkner University, Montgomery AL
32. Mirko Jurkovic (OL) - IMG Academy, Bradenton FL via St. Joes's HS South Bend, Ind.
33. Amir Ealey (TE/DE) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
34. David Eldridge (WR/CB) - Kettle Run HS, Nokesville VA
35. Aaron Garland (CB) - Fenwick High, Oak Park Illinois
36. Freddie Simmons (WR) Bethlehem Catholic HS, Bethlehem PA
37. Scott Washington (WR) - St John Catholic HS, Washington DC
38. Kevin Murphy (DE) - West Chester East High School, West Chester PA
39. Marques Ford (DE) - East Bay High School, Gibsonton FL
40. J. Hunter Roman (DE) - New London High School - New London CT
41. Chris Clark (TE) - Avon Old Farms Prep, Avon CT (De-comitted from UNC)
42. Denniston (D.J.) Moore - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA.
43. De'Andre Johnson (DT QB) - First Coast HS, Jacksonville FL (FSU Commit 7/20/12, yes 2012)
44. Dexter Neal (WR) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (USCe Commit 5/16/13)
45. Andrew Butcher (DE) - Alpharetta HS, Alpharetta GA (Tennessee Commit 6/8/13)
46, Arrington Farrar (S) - Woodard Academy, College Park GA (Stanford Commit 8/6/13)
47. Anthony Palazzolo (DT) - Fairfield Prep, Fairfield CT (BC Commit 12/23/13))
48. Marcus Walker (S) - Lake Wales HS, Lake Wales FL (UK Commit 1/8/14)
49. DuWayne Johnson (CB) - Woodson HS, Washington DC (VT Commit 2/8/14))
50. Chauncey Rivers (TE/DE) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (UGA Commit 2/15/14)
51. Ryan Buchholz (DE/TE) - Great Valley HS, Malvern PA (PSU Commit 2/24/14)
52. Steve Gonzalez (OT) - Union City HS, Union City NJ (PSU Commit 3/29/14)
53. Aaron Monteiro (OL) - Brockton High School, Brockton MA (BC Commit 3/29/14)
54. Zach Allen (DE/LB) - New Canaan HS, New Canaan CT (Northwestern Commit 4/15/14)
55. Sam Tecklenburg (DT/TE/OT) - Plano HS, Plano Tx (Baylor Commit 4/17/14)

Caveat - This list includes both previous and current staff offers. Re-ordered (4/2) to reflect previous commit dates. Coach Diaco was hired 12/11/13.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I have got to say something. I have met Marinelli. He has been coaching at New Canaan for what must be forty years. In that time I have heard and read nothing that didn't refer to the man in glowing terms; both as a man and a coach. The only place I've ever seen his character questioned was here, on the BY. His reaction to the PP/GDL firings was wrong. It's always been my guess that he considered both friends and was reacting as a loyal friend. I'll also bet, based on what I know about the man, that he would never go out of his way to trash UCONN or any other school to one of his players. Honestly, he is a good guy who said something stupid.

As to FF County's perception of UCONN, it is important to note that UCONN has been the number-one four year University destination for Greenwich High School graduates for, at least, the last four years. I've been told that the same is true of New Canaan, Darien and Westport. UCONN's academic reputation has been cemented down here. This is a place that understands value. The overwhelming majority of FF County's wealthy/well-to-do understand the value a UCONN education provides.

Football and football players are a separate argument. Football, because of the PP years, has to be sold almost separately from the University. No player wants to be put in a situation that gets his ass kicked every Fall weekend. The academic benefits, as great as they are, will be evaluated in a context that includes FB taking up the majority of college life. FB games are fun. Teammates are fun. Preparation necessary to compete at the FBS level provides drudgery, boredom and pain that can only be offset by winning games. Winning will draw the 3, 4 and occasional 5-star FF County kids to UCONN. The good news is that HCBD will play in FF County.

My sister is a Greenwich High School teacher and she told me that a lot of her kids are leaning more towards UConn than ever. She noted that the perception of State U has changed big time down her way.

Reaction Score
Marinelli, also, during that speil about UConn firing PP & GDL, stated Connor Hanratty is starting at ND and UConn didn't even attempt to recruit him. Connor is Terry Hanratty's son. UConn had little to no shot at him.
Very unfair statement by Marinelli. It shows his true feelings towards UConn.

I'm not defending what he said; only his body of work and overall character as I understand it to be. Would we dismiss Calhoun because of the APR issues or our perception of Canada because of Rob Ford?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Back to 2015 RECRUITING please. Looks like Moses Mayes is on campus and enjoying himself.

Reaction Score
In the category of "where are they now" former UConn 2013 WR recruit Julian Allen was a lock for Storrs at one point and now, according to JCGridiron has evolved into one of the top JUCO TE's in the nation for 2015. Dec 2014 midyear grad (3.6gpa) Here's a glimpse into his spring practice at Lackawanna College http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2625267/highlights/141816375

Reaction Score
I'm not defending what he said; only his body of work and overall character as I understand it to be. Would we dismiss Calhoun because of the APR issues or our perception of Canada because of Rob Ford?
I have been in the firehouse the past few days and have not had a chance to respond to your post about Marinelli. It was very informative to say the least. I have an issue with what those 3 guys (Marinelli, Staples head coach, Hand head coach) said in that article regarding UCONN football. If you are sticking up for friends...then say things that way. His quotes were pretty blatant. I also will have a hard time believing he doesn't have an axe to grind against UCONN Football until he comes out and says it publicly, same with Staples and Hand coaches.

Reaction Score
I have been in the firehouse the past few days and have not had a chance to respond to your post about Marinelli. It was very informative to say the least. I have an issue with what those 3 guys (Marinelli, Staples head coach, Hand head coach) said in that article regarding UCONN football. If you are sticking up for friends...then say things that way. His quotes were pretty blatant. I also will have a hard time believing he doesn't have an axe to grind against UCONN Football until he comes out and says it publicly, same with Staples and Hand coaches.

I hope they don't think he was fired because he's Italian.:)

Reaction Score

7. Brandon Wimbush (DT QB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
8. Jay Stocker (S) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
9. Dionte Austin (CB) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
10. Juantez McRae (S) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
11. Justin Spencer (CB/Ath) - Oviedo HS, Oviedo FL
12. Jalen Christian (ATH/CB) - Damascus HS, Damascus MD
13. Chris Garrison (TE) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA
14. Matt Burrell (OT) - CD Hylton HS, Woodbridge VA
15. Shareef Miller (DE) -Frankford HS, Philadelphia PA
16. Will Harris (DB) - Choate-Rosemary Hall, Wallingford CT
17. Quinn Oseland (OL) - Sacred Heart Griffin, Springfield Ill
18. Carlton Davis (S) - Norland HS, Miami FL (erroneously reported as a commit to the "U")
19. Najee Clayton (WR) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
20. Saleem Brightwell (OLB) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
21. Dave Tolentino (NG/T) - St. Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ.
22. Leon Thornton (WR) - Montini Catholic, Lombard Ill.
23. Channing Hames (DE/DT) - Bishop O'Connell, Arlington VA
24. Manny Bowen (LB) - Barnegat HS, Barnegat NJ
25. Trevor Ruhland (OL) - Cary-Grove HS, Cary Ill.
26. Karon Jackson (DB/WR) - American High School, Hialeah FL
27. Raequan Williams (DE/TE) - Gordon Tech, Chicago Ill.
28. Jamie Gordiner (LB/DE) - Red Bank Catholic, Red Bank NJ
29. Miles Boykin (WR) - Providence Catholic, New Lenox Ill.
30. Moses Mayes (WR/Athlete) - Faulkner University, Montgomery AL
31. Mirko Jurkovic (OL) - IMG Academy, Bradenton FL via St. Joes's HS South Bend, Ind.
32. Amir Ealey (TE/DE) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
33. David Eldridge (WR/CB) - Kettle Run HS, Nokesville VA
34. Aaron Garland (CB) - Fenwick High, Oak Park Illinois
35. Freddie Simmons (WR) Bethlehem Catholic HS, Bethlehem PA
36. Scott Washington (WR) - St John Catholic HS, Washington DC
37. Kevin Murphy (DE) - West Chester East High School, West Chester PA
38. Marques Ford (DE) - East Bay High School, Gibsonton FL
39. J. Hunter Roman (DE) - New London High School - New London CT
40. Chris Clark (TE) - Avon Old Farms Prep, Avon CT (De-comitted from UNC)
41. Denniston (D.J.) Moore - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA.
42. De'Andre Johnson (DT QB) - First Coast HS, Jacksonville FL (FSU Commit 7/20/12, yes 2012)
43. Dexter Neal (WR) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (USCe Commit 5/16/13)
44. Andrew Butcher (DE) - Alpharetta HS, Alpharetta GA (Tennessee Commit 6/8/13)
45, Arrington Farrar (S) - Woodard Academy, College Park GA (Stanford Commit 8/6/13)
46. Anthony Palazzolo (DT) - Fairfield Prep, Fairfield CT (BC Commit 12/23/13))
47. Marcus Walker (S) - Lake Wales HS, Lake Wales FL (UK Commit 1/8/14)
48. DuWayne Johnson (CB) - Woodson HS, Washington DC (VT Commit 2/8/14))
49. Chauncey Rivers (TE/DE) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (UGA Commit 2/15/14)
50. Ryan Buchholz (DE/TE) - Great Valley HS, Malvern PA (PSU Commit 2/24/14)
51. Steve Gonzalez (OT) - Union City HS, Union City NJ (PSU Commit 3/29/14)
52. Aaron Monteiro (OL) - Brockton High School, Brockton MA (BC Commit 3/29/14)
53. Zach Allen (DE/LB) - New Canaan HS, New Canaan CT (Northwestern Commit 4/15/14)
54. Sam Tecklenburg (DT/TE/OT) - Plano HS, Plano Tx (Baylor Commit 4/17/14)
55. Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ (Alabama Commit 4/19/14)

Caveat - This list includes both previous and current staff offers. Re-ordered (4/2) to reflect previous commit dates. Coach Diaco was hired 12/11/13.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
In the category of "where are they now" former UConn 2013 WR recruit Julian Allen was a lock for Storrs at one point and now, according to JCGridiron has evolved into one of the top JUCO TE's in the nation for 2015. Dec 2014 midyear grad (3.6gpa) Here's a glimpse into his spring practice at Lackawanna College http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2625267/highlights/141816375

Could he still potentially be a target for the huskies? Any idea what made him go the JUCO route? Looking for better offers, grades etc>?

Reaction Score
Was a nonqualifier so couldn't receive official offers. The old UConn staff tried to have him placed at Avon Old Farms, but he was too far gone academically for prep so went JUCO. Will graduate early in Dec. No contact with UConn, but according to sources & websites, expect offers from Big12, Pac12, Big10 & other AAC schools within coming weeks.

Reaction Score
Last edited:
Reaction Score
@brandoncparker: Along w/ offer from Ohio State, Centreville junior RB AJ Turner also picked up offers from ECU & UConn today. Stock is skyrocketing #allmets

AJ Turner is a 5-11 180lb RB/S from Centreville HS in Clifton VA. Others offers from ECU, BCU, USCe, Clemson, VT, ODU, Duke, UM, Pitt, tOSU and UVA.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1719973/highlights/25092393

*will add the last two offers to running list tonight. On the road...
*Staff is spread out far and wide doing visits and evaluations this week.

Reaction Score

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
With all due respect, you must be new to the recruiting scene. Some high school coaches, from prominent football programs (and not so prominent) are known to "guide" players and their parents to institutions they feel is "best" (cough, cough) for the player.
Different sport, but it seemed to me that Vito Montelli at St Joe's in Trumbull steered all his kids to PC. I don't recall anyone making it to UCONN.

Reaction Score
Was a nonqualifier so couldn't receive official offers. The old UConn staff tried to have him placed at Avon Old Farms, but he was too far gone academically for prep so went JUCO. Will graduate early in Dec. No contact with UConn, but according to sources & websites, expect offers from Big12, Pac12, Big10 & other AAC schools within coming weeks.

If that's the case, why wouldn't UConn be all over him?!?1
Love lineman with wrestling backgrounds.

Battles Santos fits the bill and I haven't see him hit the field. I also have lived the past two football seasons in FLORIDA and haven't seen every game.

Reaction Score

7. Brandon Wimbush (DT QB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ
8. Jay Stocker (S) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
9. Dionte Austin (CB) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
10. Juantez McRae (S) - Calvert Hall College HS, Towson MD
11. Justin Spencer (CB/Ath) - Oviedo HS, Oviedo FL
12. Jalen Christian (ATH/CB) - Damascus HS, Damascus MD
13. Chris Garrison (TE) - Lawrence Academy, Groton MA
14. Matt Burrell (OT) - CD Hylton HS, Woodbridge VA
15. Shareef Miller (DE) -Frankford HS, Philadelphia PA
16. Will Harris (DB) - Choate-Rosemary Hall, Wallingford CT
17. Quinn Oseland (OL) - Sacred Heart Griffin, Springfield Ill
18. Carlton Davis (S) - Norland HS, Miami FL (erroneously reported as a commit to the "U")
19. Najee Clayton (WR) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
20. Saleem Brightwell (OLB) - Paramus Catholic HS, Paramus NJ
21. Dave Tolentino (NG/T) - St. Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ.
22. Leon Thornton (WR) - Montini Catholic, Lombard Ill.
23. Channing Hames (DE/DT) - Bishop O'Connell, Arlington VA
24. Manny Bowen (LB) - Barnegat HS, Barnegat NJ
25. Trevor Ruhland (OL) - Cary-Grove HS, Cary Ill.
26. Karon Jackson (DB/WR) - American High School, Hialeah FL
27. Raequan Williams (DE/TE) - Gordon Tech, Chicago Ill.
28. Jamie Gordiner (LB/DE) - Red Bank Catholic, Red Bank NJ
29. Miles Boykin (WR) - Providence Catholic, New Lenox Ill.
30. Moses Mayes (WR/Athlete) - Faulkner University, Montgomery AL
31. Mirko Jurkovic (OL) - IMG Academy, Bradenton FL via St. Joes's HS South Bend, Ind.
32. Amir Ealey (TE/DE) - Coatesville Area HS, Coatesville PA
33. David Eldridge (WR/CB) - Kettle Run HS, Nokesville VA
34. Aaron Garland (CB) - Fenwick High, Oak Park Illinois
35. Freddie Simmons (WR) Bethlehem Catholic HS, Bethlehem PA
36. Scott Washington (WR) - St John Catholic HS, Washington DC
37. Kevin Murphy (DE) - West Chester East High School, West Chester PA
38. Marques Ford (DE) - East Bay High School, Gibsonton FL
39. J. Hunter Roman (DE) - New London High School - New London CT
40. Chris Clark (TE) - Avon Old Farms Prep, Avon CT (De-comitted from UNC)
41. Denniston (D.J.) Moore (WR.Ath) - Imhotep Institute Charter School, Philadelphia PA.
42. Goren Krasic, (G/DE) - Hackensack High School, NJ
43. AJ Turner (RB/S) - Centreville HS, Clifton VA
44. De'Andre Johnson (DT QB) - First Coast HS, Jacksonville FL (FSU Commit 7/20/12, yes 2012)
45. Dexter Neal (WR) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (USCe Commit 5/16/13)
46. Andrew Butcher (DE) - Alpharetta HS, Alpharetta GA (Tennessee Commit 6/8/13)
47, Arrington Farrar (S) - Woodard Academy, College Park GA (Stanford Commit 8/6/13)
48. Anthony Palazzolo (DT) - Fairfield Prep, Fairfield CT (BC Commit 12/23/13))
49. Marcus Walker (S) - Lake Wales HS, Lake Wales FL (UK Commit 1/8/14)
50. DuWayne Johnson (CB) - Woodson HS, Washington DC (VT Commit 2/8/14))
51. Chauncey Rivers (TE/DE) - Stephenson HS - Stone Mountain GA (UGA Commit 2/15/14)
52. Ryan Buchholz (DE/TE) - Great Valley HS, Malvern PA (PSU Commit 2/24/14)
53. Steve Gonzalez (OT) - Union City HS, Union City NJ (PSU Commit 3/29/14)
54, Aaron Monteiro (OL) - Brockton High School, Brockton MA (BC Commit 3/29/14)
55. Zach Allen (DE/LB) - New Canaan HS, New Canaan CT (Northwestern Commit 4/15/14)
56. Sam Tecklenburg (DT/TE/OT) - Plano HS, Plano Tx (Baylor Commit 4/17/14)
57. Minkah Fitzpatrick (CB) - St Peter's Prep, Jersey City NJ (Alabama Commit 4/19/14)

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Staff continues to till PA:

Dan Ellis ‏@CoachDanEllis 3h
@kMuRpHy54 picked offer from UConn today. Great day!
Kevin Murphy is a 6-3 260lb SSDE from West Chester East High School, West Chester PA, who attended Junior Day this past weekend. Other offers from Cincy, MTSU and Temple.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/o/655006/highlights/94543404

List updated.

Could KM be #1 in 2015 for new staff ??

“@desmondconner: Class of '15 #UConnFootball recruit Kevin Murphy: Its going to be a decision between me and my family. I felt a really good vibe from UConn”

Reaction Score
UConnFootball 12:52pm via Web
Been a great week thus far...but still more to find. #UConn #Huskyhunt pic.twitter.com/Jgcbdot7Vt

UConn Football recruit.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member