2015 New Commit - Nolan Ulizio | Page 3 | The Boneyard

2015 New Commit - Nolan Ulizio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If we are going to have an open spot, rather know now.
There will be open spots and the staff knows that. I'd rather still have a chance at our first targets than kick them to the curb the second they give another program a look. At this point, beggars can't be choosers.

Reaction Score
I think Edsall knew that a "committed" kid that has late offers from traditionally bigger football schools and starts taking those visits was as good as gone. How many kids that have done that over the years and stuck with their original commitment?

Reaction Score
I think Edsall knew that a "committed" kid that has late offers from traditionally bigger football schools and starts taking those visits was as good as gone. How many kids that have done that over the years and stuck with their original commitment?

Nolan surely will be reminded by UCONN that newly appointed Offensive line coach Mike Cummings was given credit by Eric Fischer Offensive Tackle, the #1 pick NFL draft pick in 2013 from Central Michigan for his development. He has a better chance of playing at UCONN than Michigan, maybe even as a freshman.

In addition, UCONN boasts one of the best Strength and Conditioning coaches in the country in Matt Balis as well as having Mike Cummings as O line coach who was instrumental in developing a #1 NFL draft choice from a Non P5 school.

Fisher became a starter at Central Michigan as a sophomore, but said he took his game and conditioning to a higher level in the following offseason. He credits CMU offensive line coach Mike Cummings for developing him into an elite prospect.

Here is what Cummings said about Fisher:

“I don’t know how to say this because you have to write something,” said Central Michigan offensive coordinator Mike Cummings, “but basically he wants to kick your (expletive) and he’s going to figure out how. That’s what he wants to do. He’s going to beat you and he’s going to find a way how. If you’re moving your left toe a little bit, he’s going to find a way.”

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/st...y-chiefs-select-eric-fisher-no-1-overall-pick

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nolan surely will be reminded by UCONN that newly appointed Offensive line coach Mike Cummings was given credit by Eric Fischer Offensive Tackle, the #1 pick NFL draft pick in 2013 from Central Michigan for his development. He has a better chance of playing at UCONN than Michigan, maybe even as a freshman.

In addition, UCONN boasts one of the best Strength and Conditioning coaches in the country in Matt Balis as well as having Mike Cummings as O line coach who was instrumental in developing a #1 NFL draft choice from a Non P5 school.

Fisher became a starter at Central Michigan as a sophomore, but said he took his game and conditioning to a higher level in the following offseason. He credits CMU offensive line coach Mike Cummings for developing him into an elite prospect.

Here is what Cummings said about Fisher:

“I don’t know how to say this because you have to write something,” said Central Michigan offensive coordinator Mike Cummings, “but basically he wants to kick your (expletive) and he’s going to figure out how. That’s what he wants to do. He’s going to beat you and he’s going to find a way how. If you’re moving your left toe a little bit, he’s going to find a way.”

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2013/st...y-chiefs-select-eric-fisher-no-1-overall-pick

Then too, Cummings can refer him to Fisher's NFL Contract and 15 Million signing bonus!

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9511364/eric-fisher-no-1-overall-pick-signs-kansas-city-chiefs

Reaction Score
The best part are the Michigan fans saying how great harbaugh is for stealing a 2*'recruit from an AAC school

Reaction Score
Personally I'd like to wish s kid good luck with his choice, but I can't do that when he's just shown that his word means nothing and that he has no personal integrity.

Reaction Score
I know it can happen to anyone but I just keep thinking "Why us, why now?"

APA

Reaction Score
Harbaugh has also flipped a 4* from Texas and a 3* from Nebraska. They have a verbal to Wisconsin on campus today and seem to think that he will also flip.
The best part are the Michigan fans saying how great harbaugh is for stealing a 2*'recruit from an AAC school

Reaction Score
Universal trait in all fandom. We all celebrate like crazy when our coaches flip a kid from the opposition, congratulating the kid on making the right decision. However when a kid flips from our program, they either have no integrity, something "fishy" had to happen, or they are being used/duped by the coaches to hurt their rival. Often all 3. No doubt your staff will rebound and find a quality replacement. Fair chance that replacement is currently committed elsewhere.

UCFBfan

Semi Kings of New England!
Reaction Score
Anyone who thought this kid was going to stick to his commit here after Michigan had him up was a little crazy. People also saying that this kid did something wrong for not keeping his word clearly hasn't followed recruiting. This happens all the time. Being offered a scholly from Michigan is gonna flip many kids who would have committed to UConn. It's the reality we live in.

There's nothing more then the fact the kid thought playing at Michigan was better than playing at UConn. At this moment, he's right...I wish him well.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Wish him the best. Just unfollowed him on Twitter so he's officially "dead to me". Just another kid changing his mind. It's allowed.

I would like to point out that our staff is identifying some serious talent VERY early. We'll be able to find the right mix of talented and intelligent kids who will be Blessed to be able to put on the prestigious UCONN uniform. This thing is going to turn around and it's going to turn around with kids who want to be a part of it.

Reaction Score
Not shocked about this as even before Michigan did not shutdown his recruiting like some of the other commits. My guess is the coaches had figured he was not coming over the past few weeks. Until we get to better conference or become a power in AAC, any commit especially those outside of our normal recruiting region will be at risk of being flipped. He probably got little desperate by December and committed to us as we were the best offer and then got opportunities and it is very hard for any kid from Midwest to say no to Ohio State or Michigan. Good luck and goodbye to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom