2015 New Commit - Nolan Ulizio

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn Football ‏@UConnFootball 2m2 minutes agoWindsor, CT
And that makes twenty two!
1f43e.png
1f43e.png

Why would this tweet come from a Windsor location? Meeting with a potential recruit?

Reaction Score
Why would this tweet come from a Windsor location? Meeting with a potential recruit?

How can you construe anything from that? Maybe someone was Christmas shopping or just stopped for coffee?:confused:

Reaction Score
How can you construe anything from that? Maybe someone was Christmas shopping or just stopped for coffee?:confused:
Whoever typed it, Corley? Lives there?

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
Since there are no in person visits I believe, at this time, I will go with this:

On way to airport for -
CR meeting with Big12
The Duke/UConn game on Thursday
To visit Grandma for Holidays

;)

Reaction Score
I must have missed a decommit because i have 24. ????
With Hartwich grayshirting you take it down to 23... I wonder if we can go down to 22 with Tyler Davis coming in for the Spring????

Reaction Score
Since there are no in person visits I believe, at this time, I will go with this:

On way to airport for -
CR meeting with Big12
The Duke/UConn game on Thursday
To visit Grandma for Holidays

;)

Or on his way to Hartford to meet with state officials to discuss building an on campus stadium.

Reaction Score

You can't construe anything from that. That's why I used a question mark.

Reaction Score
Since he committed to UConn he's picked up offers from Kentucky, Cincy and now Michigan. At least we know the staff can spot talent.

http://mgofish.com/uconn-commit-nolan-ulizio-lands-an-offer-from-michigan/

>>Ulizio is the definition of an under the radar prospect. He’s rated as a 2* prospect on every recruiting site even though his highlight tape is actually pretty impressive. His size, tenacity, athleticism and consistent finishes are the main things I noticed and believe that’s what the coaching staff saw too.

Though he just committed to UConn in mid-December, I think this offer from Michigan likely puts them in the drivers seat for his signature on National Signing Day. However, I’m sure he won’t be the last lineman offered before then and may have to visit Ann Arbor before they will accept his commitment.<<

As always - all bets are off till the fax machine churns out a piece of paper with a signature.

Reaction Score
His highlights are as impressive as any other commit. I read recently that he grew two inches in height since the summer camp circuit. Could that be the reason he is blowing up late? It is encouraging that that this staff seems to be offering kids early that are getting other looks. Hopefully they can hang on to him and others.

Reaction Score
Since he committed to UConn he's picked up offers from Kentucky, Cincy and now Michigan. At least we know the staff can spot talent.

http://mgofish.com/uconn-commit-nolan-ulizio-lands-an-offer-from-michigan/

>>Ulizio is the definition of an under the radar prospect. He’s rated as a 2* prospect on every recruiting site even though his highlight tape is actually pretty impressive. His size, tenacity, athleticism and consistent finishes are the main things I noticed and believe that’s what the coaching staff saw too.

Though he just committed to UConn in mid-December, I think this offer from Michigan likely puts them in the drivers seat for his signature on National Signing Day. However, I’m sure he won’t be the last lineman offered before then and may have to visit Ann Arbor before they will accept his commitment.<<

As always - all bets are off till the fax machine churns out a piece of paper with a signature.

So the poaching begins. Hopefully he maintains his commitment through Signing Day, but we'll see. I'd be impressed with him and Diaco's recruiting ability if he doesn't decommit from UConn.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
So the poaching begins. Hopefully he maintains his commitment through Signing Day, but we'll see. I'd be impressed with him and Diaco's recruiting ability if he doesn't decommit from UConn.
How is that poaching and using that term you seem to find it unacceptable. Am I correct?
If so, we should cancel the visit for the verbaled Buffalo QB, correct?

Reaction Score
How is that poaching and using that term you seem to find it unacceptable. Am I correct?
If so, we should cancel the visit for the verbaled Buffalo QB, correct?

Touché, but it is what it is. I'm well aware it's the name of the game and everything is fair game in recruiting. I'm not new.

Reaction Score
Found this from a guy on 247:
"I made my Crystal Ball for Ulizio to Michigan immediately after the offer. After talking to one person with solid knowledge of Ulizio's situation, it sounds like it's more a matter of "when" and not "if" he'll eventually commit to the Wolverines. Kentucky and Cincinnati remain in pursuit of Ulizio, but Michigan is clearly the school that has gotten the attention in the last 24 hours and is now the program that's heavily favored to flip him from his commitment to UConn, where he committed on December 14th."

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
If he decommits from UCONN to Michigan, watch his star rating. It will surely go up 1 full star, maybe 2. Just further proof that the star rankings are hogwash.

I hope he stays committed. Tarbutt tweeted out last week that there are sharks circling the UCONN commits. Can't blame them. We won 2 games last year and are now looking to hire a new OC. To say that there is uncertainty around the UCONN program is an understatement. I hope we can hold our class together but I have my doubts on a few commits. Ulizio being one of them.

Reaction Score
Instead of commitment can we use the term "verbal inclination"?

I liked Edall's policy of if you visit after your verbal commitment UCONN withdraws the scholarship offer. I think it was entirely fair. UCONN commits to hold the slot for you as long as your commitment remains viable.

Reaction Score
Instead of commitment can we use the term "verbal inclination"?

I liked Edall's policy of if you visit after your verbal commitment UCONN withdraws the scholarship offer. I think it was entirely fair. UCONN commits to hold the slot for you as long as your commitment remains viable.
When you're in UConn's position in terms of conference and current program strength, I think maybe it's best to not pull offers from commits if they look elsewhere.

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
When you're in UConn's position in terms of conference and current program strength, I think maybe it's best to not pull offers from commits if they look elsewhere.

If we are going to have an open spot, rather know now.

Reaction Score
Would it be wiser of UConn to not bring attention/offer recruits such as Ulizio until closer to signing day? Or would the likes of Michigan, Pitt, etc. still enter the picture late like this anyways?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom