2014 Recruiting Thread | Page 47 | The Boneyard

2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

huskypantz

All posts from this user are AI-generated
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
Finally watched Marchi's HUDL highlights. All i can think of Uconn has it's own Johnny Football. Kid is very mobile, agile, slings it around pretty well even on the run. Good arm strength.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Finally watched Marchi's HUDL highlights. All i can think of Uconn has it's own Johnny Football. Kid is very mobile, agile, slings it around pretty well even on the run. Good arm strength.

Yep, he's a sleeper....our little sleeper.

And with four senior WRs on the squad next year its a good time for someone like Njoku or Wingate to take one of those remaining scholarships.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Its become awfully quiet with a week to go and approx. 5 spaces left in this class. Maybe Diaco and CO have asked kids they are talking to now to stay on the quiet....

Reaction Score
Its become awfully quiet with a week to go and approx. 5 spaces left in this class. Maybe Diaco and CO have asked kids they are talking to now to stay on the quiet....

What would be the point of that?

Reaction Score
What would be the point of that?
I think the point is so that another program's coaches don't poach our recruits. Since we're living in the age when a "commitment" doesn't really mean that until you sign officially, having a recruit "advertising" his verbal on twitter may actually serve as a magnet to other coaches.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
While the measurables look good and I'm sure Coach Diaco is identifying diamonds in the rough, I don't see (but frankly didn't expect) *** or **** next to their names. Last I checked, Rivals still had UConn in the triple digits with only 2 3* star recruits.

Consternation is not yet abated in 25's fandom...HELP!?!?

Reaction Score
While the measurables look good and I'm sure Coach Diaco is identifying diamonds in the rough, I don't see (but frankly didn't expect) or next to their names. Last I checked, Rivals still had UConn in the triple digits with only 2 3* star recruits.

Consternation is not yet abated in 25's fandom...HELP!?!?

ESPN has 10 players listed as 3* recruits, and the top two coming after the arrival of [all-powerful deity-like] HCBD.

24/7 lists 5 recruits as 3* recruits, Arkeel Newsome considered the top prospect.

Its all about the choosing to believe the reality that you think is the best. I choose ESPN (I feel dirty saying that).

Reaction Score
OG from Ft Laurendale, FL. Attends St. Thomas Aquinas (believe Kyle S attended there). Seems he only has a preferred walk on offer from FAU(he is theirs to lose).

Ryan Crozier has offers from UConn, Houston, FAU, FIU, Miami Ohio and Sanford according to 247Sports (who has a composite score of 81 on him = 3*).

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1240973/ryan-crozier

Reaction Score
Ryan Crozier has offers from UConn, Houston, FAU, FIU, Miami Ohio and Sanford according to 247Sports (who has a composite score of 81 on him = 3*).

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1240973/ryan-crozier

Really like the level of kid Diaco and staff have identified this late in the game, considering when they started the recruiting process. Your not going to start getting kids with tons of offers or flipping them this late in the game, but his highlights show a big kid that moves well. The one knock is that he is a little bit of a waist bender and will have to work on becoming more of a knee bender. When you c0mpare his highlights to the Apostolu kid, really is no comparison in terms of balance and athleticism.

Reaction Score
Lamont Bradford

Mont_staxx7:41am via Twitter for iPhone
The best invitation I ever got pic.twitter.com/YUeWxiBuNh

lamont.jpg

Reaction Score

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'd worry about Tom Izzo recruiting him, but that's about it.
Only if he's a two sport McDonalds All American.;)

Reaction Score
247 and Rivals are showing that he has an offer from Michigan State. Guess who the lead recruiter is?

with the changes we made I like our chances with this kid.

Reaction Score
Looks like HCBD decided NOT to offer Derek Allen. Here's what his HS coach had to say:
"Derek Allen was very interested in UConn and it was his first choice but the coaching staff did not offer him. Derek currently has offers from Navy, Fordham, Rhode Island, and Wagner University. He should be making a commitment this weekend. I believe he is a very talented player with a ton of potential that has been overlooked by some schools."

http://runwayramblings.blogspot.com/2014/01/with-no-uconn-offer-nj-tackle-weighing.html

Keep wondering if this means we're done on the OL or if there's another option flying under the radar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom