2014 Recruiting Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
_ChrisPeaceJan 24, 6:06pm via Twitter for iPhone
Let my weekend start �pic.twitter.com/la7Spi570808

View attachment 4847

Hope we drop a couple of big Pepe's pizzas in his room along w/ a cookie and a couple of pints of Dairy Bar ice cream to put on the cookie!!!!

Damn giant cookies... :confused:

CP ‏@_ChrisPeace 1h
Committed to UVA

From a non-linkable source:

>>Chris Peace had a plan. He was going to visit Hampton, Connecticut and ECU before making his commitment. Well that place got thrown out the window this morning, when he met with Virginia head coach Mike London.

“Last night before I went with my host, Coach London said I want you be a Cavalier in the morning,” the Denbigh standout explained. “This morning, he said do you have news for me? And then I told him this morning, “I am a Cavalier<<

Reaction Score
So should there be a welcome Keith Benjamin thread or are we waiting for a confirmation?

I could only find a wrestling video of him. He certainly looks the part of a defensive tackle.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
So should there be a welcome Keith Benjamin thread or are we waiting for a confirmation?

I could only find a wrestling video of him. He certainly looks the part of a defensive tackle.

This isn't a wrestling video. He took part in a Charlie Molnar practice at UMass... :confused:

Feel free to start up a welcome thread, and I'll join in. If Twitter has taught us anything, it's that it is better to be early and wrong than correct and late...

Reaction Score
WTF is in the water in Windsor? Chris Baker, Damik Scafe, Terrence Knighton and now Benjamin and Charles Baldwin. Are these kids all from the same high school?

Reaction Score

MClarkScout3:27pm via Web
Wake Forest (N.C.) Heritage OT and #Armycommit Trey Ratliff @thereal_tratty has been offered by #UConn

Edit add:

“@salinterdonato: Heritage (N.C.) OT & Army commit Trey Ratliff offered scholarship by UConn during visit this weekend. Says interest in schools about same.”

Last edited:

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
think it comes down to uconn wanting a oline wideout and linebacker

Reaction Score

MClarkScout3:27pm via Web
Wake Forest (N.C.) Heritage OT and #Armycommit Trey Ratliff @thereal_tratty has been offered by #UConn

Edit add:
“@salinterdonato: Heritage (N.C.) OT & Army commit Trey Ratliff offered scholarship by UConn during visit this weekend. Says interest in schools about same.”

Being reported that Army Coach Waugh will be making an in=home visit w/ Ratliff tomorrow night.

Reaction Score
So from what the BY has been able to gather, we are looking at the following to round out the class.

Njuko <--WR (tall) out of NJ with OSU visit scheduled. Looks like we are choice #2 here.
Wingate <--WR (tall) out of NJ committed to Stony Brook. Transcript issues might be gumming up the commitment process here.
Peace <--LB out of VA (good frame) with UVA in heavy pursuit UVA commit this weekend
Egbuaba <--LB out of MD (raw/fast) with several D1 programs in pursuit, but no offers. UMD commit this weekend
Rochelin <--DE (tall/raw/fast) out of CA with several D1 programs in pursuit, but no offers.
Merritt <--DL out of NJ (great motor/great technique/sheds blockers well) - possible BC lean. BCU commit this weekend
Aspostolu <--OL/DL out of PA (size)

Updated.

We still have the above plus Patterson, Diggs, Ratliff and Allen still in play (plus probably a few like Baldwin who may have older offers still valid)

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Updated.

We still have the above plus Patterson, Diggs, Ratliff and Allen still in play (plus probably a few like Baldwin who may have older offers still valid)

Well, of all of these guys - the entire late list - its Diggs that I covet most. Gotta get Diggs, then Allen and Ratliff. An WR would be nice, but we could survive this class w/o a second one.

Reaction Score
I feel a little bad about stealing a guy from Army…….... anyone else??
Well, if Ratliff is thinking about attending Army for military reasons, then yes, I'd feel badly. However, if it's about attending Army to play football, then it's just like we're competing against any other school. Ultimately he will have to decide if his focus will be primarily on military service... or on football...because it's clear that each place is better at one over the other.

Reaction Score
HFD is reporting this...

Go B1G or Go Home ‏@B1GConn 2h
Keith benjamin committed in the fall to #UConn my source tells me. Never made recruit sites I guess?!?!

I'll look around for info.

So essentially HFD broke a scoop that neither the Horde nor the scouting sites had listed! Too funny. Mods, we've gotta let him back in on the recruiting tab at the very least! :)

No scoop --- Well, at least not according to the Windsor Coach (as told to Jim Fuller):

>>I also noticed that he rivals.com list had Windsor defensive tackle Keith Benjamin as a UConn commit. That was news to Windsor coach Rob Fleeting. He said he spoke with UConn offensive coordinator Mike Cummings on Wednesday and there was no offer on table from UConn and he expects Benjamin to either head the junior college route or perhaps to an FCS school. Fellow defensive lineman Charles Baldwin was a player drawing attention from UConn's but Fleeting said Baldwin is most likely going the junior college path.<<

Thought the whole thing sounded bizarre.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
LB- Chris Britton (Harrisburg HS, PA) - January
DB- Jamar Summers (Prep @ Milford Academy) (Orange NJ)

QB- Logan Marchi (St. Paul HS, CT)
RB- Arkeel Newsome (Ansonia CT)
RB - Bryce McAllister (Suffield Academy)
RB/LB - Ron Johnson (Palmetto Ridge HS, Naples FL)
TE - Alec Bloom (Ligonier Valley PA)
WR - Anthony Watkins (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)

OL- Trey Rutherford (Kent School CT)
OL - Lamont Bradford (Timber Creek HS NJ)
OL - Steve Hashemi (St Joe's Trumbull CT)

DE/TE- Luke Carrezola (Neshaminy, PA)
DT/OG- Sheriden Lawley (The Lawrenceville School - Lawrenceville NJ)
LB/DE- Tom Rodrick (Leicester, MA)

*Becoming concerned about Bradford - academics rumored to still be a question and he wasn't allowed/permitted up this week w/ the others.

Fixed (for now ;))

Reaction Score
No scoop --- Well, at least not according to the Windsor Coach (as told to Jim Fuller):

>>I also noticed that he rivals.com list had Windsor defensive tackle Keith Benjamin as a UConn commit. That was news to Windsor coach Rob Fleeting. He said he spoke with UConn offensive coordinator Mike Cummings on Wednesday and there was no offer on table from UConn and he expects Benjamin to either head the junior college route or perhaps to an FCS school. Fellow defensive lineman Charles Baldwin was a player drawing attention from UConn's but Fleeting said Baldwin is most likely going the junior college path.<<

HFD at his best. :cool:

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score

Soooo........HFD is the Rivals UConn rep??? ;)

The whole thing is bizarre, like you said. HFD tweets it. Then Rivals updates it. Then the high school coach refutes it. WTF...

Reaction Score
Soooo...HFD is the Rivals UConn rep??? ;)

The whole thing is bizarre, like you said. HFD tweets it. Then Rivals updates it. Then the high school coach refutes it. WTF...

I can see maybe one of the beat guys missing it, but not all of them. Fuller has been all over the local guys.

Sounds like Benjamin played John B. it appears. He told JB direct by text that he had committed.

Oh well, they should keep the door open if he takes the JUCO route. Maybe he ends up as Rossomando's first recruit @ CCSU?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I can see maybe one of the beat guys missing it, but not all of them. Fuller has been all over the local guys.

Sounds like Benjamin played John B. it appears. He told JB direct by text that he had committed.

Oh well, they should keep the door open if he takes the JUCO route. Maybe he ends up as Rossomando's first recruit @ CCSU?

We are close to the limit on scholarships, maybe Benjamin will get one if some of the other recruits don't commit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom