2014 McDonald's All-Americans named today | Page 2 | The Boneyard

2014 McDonald's All-Americans named today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
@FrankieBur: Little surprised PJC and DHam didn't make it . . . I guess some guys cast ballots before seeing DHam in Springfield, eh?

@GoodmanESPN: @FrankieBur I would never have been able to vote for Daniel Hamilton (I don't have a vote) after seeing him in Vegas last July.

@FrankieBur: @GoodmanESPN Did you watch him vs. St. Frances (Baltimore), Jeff? Can't base selections strictly on some of the crap that goes on in July.

@GoodmanESPN: @FrankieBur I know, but it was so painful to watch. Literally had to walk out of the gym. Couldn't take bad shot after bad shot.

Reaction Score
Unreal but I kind of expected it, not normally into conspiracy theories but what's going on with UConn is impossible to deny. Chances of Daniel Hamilton being a McD's all-American if he chose any school other than UConn is 100%.

Reaction Score
I no longer get upset over McDonald's UConn recruits snubs.

If nobody in Storrs cares why should I? The bias towards certain schools should have been put on speaker blast from Jim Calhoun a long time ago.

Reaction Score
I guess the sarcasm and mockery was lost on you, I cannot blame you as some people on this board are that delusional

Exactly why he wasn't sure on this post Jer…….;)

Reaction Score
I no longer get upset over McDonald's UConn recruits snubs.

If nobody in Storrs cares why should I? The bias towards certain schools should have been put on speaker blast from Jim Calhoun a long time ago.
I care because it's so unfair to the kid, he should be a no brainer for this game.

Inyatkin

Stairway to Seven
Reaction Score
@FrankieBur: Little surprised PJC and DHam didn't make it . . . I guess some guys cast ballots before seeing DHam in Springfield, eh?

@GoodmanESPN: @FrankieBur I would never have been able to vote for Daniel Hamilton (I don't have a vote) after seeing him in Vegas last July.

@FrankieBur: @GoodmanESPN Did you watch him vs. St. Frances (Baltimore), Jeff? Can't base selections strictly on some of the crap that goes on in July.

@GoodmanESPN: @FrankieBur I know, but it was so painful to watch. Literally had to walk out of the gym. Couldn't take bad shot after bad shot.
Goodman makes otherwise rational people believe in conspiracy theories.
Also, he had to walk out? He's never seen bad shots by high schoolers? Whatever.

Reaction Score
It sucks for DHam not get honored for all his hard work, but hopefully this puts a chip on his shoulder. Rather have a player be a lottery pick in 2 years than an underacheving McDonalds AA, which means nothing as soon as he steps foot on campus.

Reaction Score
I care because it's so unfair to the kid, he should be a no brainer for this game.

Than it's up to someone in Storrs to make a big thing about it, stick up for the kid.

UConn in a wide variety areas has mastered taking it up the a-- without fighting back. IE. Conference realignment. Other areas too. To this day people still think only, 4500 fans went to the Fiesta Bowl.

It's obvious there is a bias towards certain programs with these selections. So say so. But UConn never does for whatever reason. So until they do, I don't care.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Also, he had to walk out? He's never seen bad shots by high schoolers? Whatever.
If he walked out on the kid because he took a bunch of bad shots he shouldn't have a job in this profession. What a dick he's in high school

caw

Reaction Score

I think we can all agree he's a moron. I kind of wish we could all agree to ignore him. I of course mean Goodman.

Basing your vote off of one AAU game, brilliant. I think Hamiltons team won that game and he hit a good amount of his shots but whatever. They were bad shots in Goodmans head.

Reaction Score
Than it's up to someone in Storrs to make a big thing about it, stick up for the kid.

UConn in a wide variety areas has mastered taking it up the a-- without fighting back. IE. Conference realignment. Other areas too. To this day people still think only, 4500 fans went to the Fiesta Bowl.

It's obvious there is a bias towards certain programs with these selections. So say so. But UConn never does for whatever reason. So until they do, I don't care.
Why is that? We constantly get bent over and it's beyond frustrating. I'm so sick of us always talking about how we will have a chip on our shoulder after each time we are screwed. Why do we continue to get screwed on everything, while certain schools are lavished with praise and gifts?

Reaction Score
Why is that? We constantly get bent over and it's beyond frustrating. I'm so sick of us always talking about how we will have a chip on our shoulder after each time we are screwed. Why do we continue to get screwed on everything, while certain schools are lavished with praise and gifts?

I agree with everything you are saying. It's hard not get get paranoid when you see all this happening.

But UConn has to be the one to fight back against it and too often there is silence.

Reaction Score
What a shocker! 4 Puke, 4 KenSucky, 3 UNC, 2 Kansas, 2 UCLA... These schools never get recruits on the All American team.

And those unsigned, are considering some of these schools...

It's not always how good you are, it's more about who you sign with... And If Hamilton signed with any of these schools, he would have been on the team.

http://epkzone.com/2014allamericangames/media/2014_MCDAAG_Final_Team_Roster.pdf

caw

Reaction Score
Looking at the list, Hamilton should have been in over:

Booker
Blackmon
Ullis
Trimble

Maybe Allen.

Just odd, until you look at the schools.

Send him to the Jordan brand game.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score

Booker
Blackmon
Ullis
Trimble

Maybe Allen.

Blackmon over dham!? Really?

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score

Booker
Blackmon
Ullis
Trimble

Maybe Allen.

Not Blackmon and Allen. Allen torched DHam at the City of Palms for 31. DHam had a double double but only 15pts / 10 assists.

caw

Reaction Score
Not Blackmon and Allen. Allen torched DHam at the City of Palms for 31. DHam had a double double but only 15pts / 10 assists.

That game was why I said maybe. Allen is a good player, but he played the best game I've seen of him against DHam.

I'm not a big fan of Blackmon Jr. I don't think he's bad, but not near the player Hamilton is.

Reaction Score
However there is something to be said about only 1 team since they started the McD's All American has won the NCAA title without one...does this jinx us...I think not!

Reaction Score
Hamilton will be a better college player and pro than 75% of the guys named to the team.

Reaction Score
However there is something to be said about only 1 team since they started the McD's All American has won the NCAA title without one...does this jinx us...I think not!
We will have one on the team next year. Rodney Purvis.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BlueWolf25

Top Bottom