2014 McDonald's All-Americans named today | The Boneyard

2014 McDonald's All-Americans named today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
6 PM, ESPNU.

Daniel Hamilton has a pretty good shot, right?

Reaction Score
dont count on it. he is a uconn commit. i am pretty sure the folks at espn block anything uconn.

Reaction Score
6 PM, ESPNU.

Daniel Hamilton has a pretty good shot, right?

I think he has a great chance. He's ranked pretty high by all major scouting services and has the family basketball pipeline working in his favor. Marshal Plumlee (the youngest brother) was a McDonald's all american a few years back. His play at Duke has been below average to say it nicely.

Reaction Score
I'd be very surprised if he's not on the list given the year he has had so far.

Reaction Score
247 composite ranking of #16(thats the average rank of all the major recruiting services), if he doesn't make it it would be a pretty big snub

Reaction Score
If I was a betting man I would certainly bet on the side of him making the west roster. We will see.

Reaction Score
I think he has a great chance. He's ranked pretty high by all major scouting services and has the family basketball pipeline working in his favor. Marshal Plumlee (the youngest brother) was a McDonald's all american a few years back. His play at Duke has been below average to say it nicely.

Plumlee was a joke. Better players were left off. If I signed with Duke, I'd probably make the McDonald's All American team. They want their recruits to be broadcast, deserving or not.

Nnocu

Poplar Poster
Reaction Score
dont count on it. he is a uconn commit. i am pretty sure the folks at espn block anything uconn.
Quit complaining. If he is in, good for him. If he is not, we are still getting him regardless. No need to be all salty and worked up about it.

Reaction Score
He should make it. Both his brothers made it, and he's ranked higher than Isaac was last year, I believe. He's a near consensus top 20 player, everywhere but espn. He'll be there.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The McD's game has long since abandoned any pretense of putting together two teams of the highest ranked players.

Reaction Score
Quit complaining. If he is in, good for him. If he is not, we are still getting him regardless. No need to be all salty and worked up about it.
given how sensitive this board has been about everything anti-uconn, it was a joke. but i will try not to be salty going forward if it bothers you so much.

Reaction Score
no he's commited to uconn
yup, uconn has never had an McD's AA, not only does ESPN have a complete anti-uconn agenda but so do the people who pick these rosters. In fact, I heard McDonald's CEO hates huskies and made a personal call to organizers of the game to make sure no player whom is committed to Uconn is chosen..................

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
yup, uconn has never had an McD's AA, not only does ESPN have a complete anti-uconn agenda but so do the people who pick these rosters. In fact, I heard McDonald's CEO hates huskies and made a personal call to organizers of the game to make sure no player whom is committed to Uconn is chosen...
Alex Oriakhi, Kemba Walker, Taliek Brown, Rudy Gay, Villanueva, Donyell Marshall, Rip Hamilton, KEA, Scott Hazelton, and Corny Thompson were all Mickey D's All Americans.

Reaction Score
Alex Oriakhi, Kemba Walker, Taliek Brown, Rudy Gay, Villanueva, Donyell Marshall, Rip Hamilton, KEA, Scott Hazelton, and Corny Thompson were all Mickey D's All Americans.
I guess the sarcasm and mockery was lost on you, I cannot blame you as some people on this board are that delusional

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I guess the sarcasm and mockery was lost on you, I cannot blame you as some people on this board are that delusional
I can never tell from your posts. So I answer in hopes of clarifying for others.

Reaction Score
Wow...

@trigonis30: McDees snubs include Daniel Hamilton & Josh Perkins. Time for more balanced regional & diverse representation on voting committee

Reaction Score
Wow, the kid is about as good as a high school player can be. Hard to believe that he was not chosen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom