2014 McDonald's All-Americans named today | Page 4 | The Boneyard

2014 McDonald's All-Americans named today

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Thomas Welch jumped from ~90th to 33rd. I guess the McDonalds AA effect is real with ESPN.
At some point in time people will realize that the primary focus of ESPN is to get ratings for ESPN and not to create insightful analysis about sports. Unfortunately if history is an example I doubt the majority of the general public has the discernment to come to this understanding. If we couldn't understand the manipulation of banking in the housing market, something with a major impact on our lives, I doubt we will figure the manipulation within the entertainment world.

Fortunately, with all the Dickie V hype, UConn has managed considerable success. JC, in spite of his success, still struggled to get the talent relative to his success. He did fine. ESPN or any hype machine has only marginal impact on coaching ability. I think KO will do just fine as well.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
It's not like McDonald's knows who to make good hamburger either.
If this keeps a single person from eating there -- player, fan, or child -- then it's a good thing.

Reaction Score
DHam is coming to a good place where premium beef is made! We make 'em' from scratch not pre-cooked (ready made).

Think of UConn as 'Plan B'.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
yup, uconn has never had an McD's AA, not only does ESPN have a complete anti-uconn agenda but so do the people who pick these rosters. In fact, I heard McDonald's CEO hates huskies and made a personal call to organizers of the game to make sure no player whom is committed to Uconn is chosen...
catintinfoil.jpg

Conspiracy Kitty says:
That bastard! First scalding hot coffee and now this!

Reaction Score
Im not a conspiracy guy but with what ive seen over the last few years regarding uconn i simply can no longer against it.

Reaction Score
We joked about it but you have to figure at some point this can hurt us or has hurt us in landing some big fish. These players want to be on the team. If they know they are a guarantee to make it by committing to UNC, KY, Kansas, Duke, etc. than that is a huge advantage.

Reaction Score
We joked about it but you have to figure at some point this can hurt us or has hurt us in landing some big fish. These players want to be on the team. If they know they are a guarantee to make it by committing to UNC, KY, Kansas, Duke, etc. than that is a huge advantage.

Wait, what? A kid is going to base his college choice on whether or not he gets to play in an all-star game in high school?

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm alone here, but I couldn't give less of a about things like player rankings and the McDonald's All-American Game.

After 2010-11, none of you should either.

Reaction Score
Maybe I'm alone here, but I couldn't give less of a about things like player rankings and the McDonald's All-American Game.

After 2010-11, none of you should either.
I care about it for the kid, he was royally screwed and I think it has something to do with the College he's going to next year.

Reaction Score

So when DHam leads us to a final four, a high school recruit is going to think, "Damn, I really like UConn... Their style, KO, DHam, etc. But I just can't commit b/c I won't get to play in the McDonald's game."

Look, the all-star games add a modicum of notoriety. But all that matters is what a prospective recruit sees on the court. Nobody is going to alter their college plans based on some perceived bias for a high school all star game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom