#13 Jade Williams to Duke | The Boneyard

#13 Jade Williams to Duke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Reported on Duke Twitter and article on ESPNW. Just a little basketball into. Why anyone would want to go to Duke... Trainwreck!! But can't beat a Duke education.... Can't wait for the season to start!! It's going to be some ups and downs this season but a very exciting one for sure!! A lot of teams out there this year who could compete for the title!!! Can't wait to see how this team grows during the season and how they will be come tourney time!!! Wish it would start now!!!

Reaction Score
Do they not have newspapers and the internet in Texas?
What's that surpose to mean?? I'm sure they do I don't google Texas newspapers I always go on ESPN daily so that's where I saw it!!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Congrats to Duke. As long as McCallie is not convicted of anything and Duke continues to land top recruits, I can't see her going anywhere. I noticed HG said that she was also considering UCONN, ND, Utah and Tennessee. I don't think we've recruited her for quite some time - she may have taken us off her list at least several months ago. I wonder who her final choices really were...

BTW if I had to guess what KMoney meant by "don't they have newspapers and the internet in Texas"... My guess would be - don't these kids see the reports of what went on at Duke - not only with what the coach was accused of, but also how poorly she coaches the team... something along those lines...

Reaction Score
What's that surpose to mean?? I'm sure they do I don't google Texas newspapers I always go on ESPN daily so that's where I saw it!!

Meaning that Jade Williams is from Texas.........

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Reported on Duke Twitter and article on ESPNW. Just a little basketball into. Why anyone would want to go to Duke... Trainwreck!! But can't beat a Duke education.... Can't wait for the season to start!! It's going to be some ups and downs this season but a very exciting one for sure!! A lot of teams out there this year who could compete for the title!!! Can't wait to see how this team grows during the season and how they will be come tourney time!!! Wish it would start now!!!

Just out of curiosity, I'm going to follow the Duke women as well. I'm very interested to see how JPM finishes the season, on a high note, or in controversy.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Just out of curiosity, I'm going to follow the Duke women as well. I'm very interested to see how JPM finishes the season, on a high note, or in controversy.

images

The less eyeballs the better.... Im sure you have better things to do with your time.

Reaction Score
Congrats to Duke. As long as McCallie is not convicted of anything and Duke continues to land top recruits, I can't see her going anywhere.

The recruiting certainly helps, but if Duke fails to make the tourney again she will be in big trouble. BDs haven't even made the E8 since 2013.

wes33

Revels in Blue Devils
Reaction Score
UConn stopped recruiting Williams early in the year.
Jade‘s mother Kelly provided Coach Bill with an update on her recruiting process :

” So far in the next month UConn , Duke and Notre Dame as well as Utah are coming to have a home visit . “
Notre Dame 9/16
Utah 9/17
UConn 9/18
Duke 9/23

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
Jade‘s mother Kelly provided Coach Bill with an update on her recruiting process :

” So far in the next month UConn , Duke and Notre Dame as well as Utah are coming to have a home visit . “
Notre Dame 9/16
Utah 9/17
UConn 9/18
Duke 9/23

That was last year, mentioned in this thread:

Class of 2017 post Jade Williams sets first home visits.

There were Horde articles on UConn being out on Williams back in January.

CoachBill

Wise Eye
Reaction Score

Notre Dame 9/16
Utah 9/17
UConn 9/18
Duke 9/23

wes33 - Sir... that was September of 2015 ! Junior year Home visit list

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
This is certainly newsworthy that she chose Duke, but the more important question is which school will she transfer to after her freshman or sophomore year.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
That makes sense. At first look, her choice appeared a little odd. If she made her decision strictly for the education, that is refreshing and very positive. Good luck to her on and off the court.

Just looked at her bio on the USA page... says her father played football, basketball, and ran track at Princeton. Looks like education is important in her household.

wes33 - Sir... that was September of 2015 ! Junior year Home visit list

Is she any good ?

This is certainly newsworthy that she chose Duke, but the more important question is which school will she transfer to after her freshman or sophomore year.

tumblr_n2gkyzoynp1qgqj2zo1_500.png

Jmpenn

LVFan; Equitable Visitor
Reaction Score
Her mom also accidentally made the announcement first on Twitter hours before Jade was scheduled to announce and then had to delete the tweet. But it was seen and even a story was written before she got to announce.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
As long as you can get a free ride at an elite academic institution, and as long as the Duke Basketball brand remains sterling (more because of the men than the women, one must acknowledge), Duke WBB will recruit well.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Why are you speculating that Jade will transfer?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Is she (Jade) any good.
She was good enough to get in home visits from both UCONN and ND in fall of 2015. This might be UCONN centric view but Jade was probably caught up in the collective UCONN assessment that "17 is a class for wings and better post players will be available '18. On USA basketball Jade was good a stretch 4 with some interior post moves but lacking goo/great upper body strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom