OT: - YouTube TV | The Boneyard

OT: YouTube TV

Reaction Score
Just checked my emails, received this from YouTube TV. Seems like starting from Feb 29, 2020, FOX Regional Sports Networks and Yes Network will no longer be able to watch live. I'm wondering if this also covers FS1 and FS2 channels is so looks like no Big East games next year unless they make a new deal.

1582839862743.png

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Just checked my emails, received this from YouTube TV. Seems like starting from Feb 29, 2020, FOX Regional Sports Networks and Yes Network will no longer be able to watch live. I'm wondering if this also covers FS1 and FS2 channels is so looks like no Big East games next year unless they make a new deal.

View attachment 51291
DISH did the same with Sinclair and the Fox Regional Sports Network (RSN), the reason is that Sinclair & the Fox RSN's are asking for too much money as far as DISH is concerned. It looks like YouTube TV came to the same conclusion. The way I understand it is that after the sale of much of Fox to Disney, except for the Fox Network, Fox News, Fox Business, the Fox Sports portions, Fox Sports & Fox RSN raised the costs for DISH when the current contract expired. DISH only kept FS1 & FS2 and dropped all of the RSN's. DISH stated that they will continue to try to come to an agreement with Sinclair and if it happens they will be added back into the Sports Package.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I agree, FS1 and FS2 will still be carried as part of the Fox Networks. If the issue isn't resolved by Nov. 2020, it might be time to switch to Hulu Live or maybe the FoxSportsGo streaming app will still cover these Networks if your TV Provider is YouTube TV. I guess we can find out on Sunday, March 1.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score

View attachment 51291
Ain't modern media access grand?

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I wish we could really get Ala Carte TV. Pay for the channels you want. The new SNY deal might be great for some UConn fans. but not all. SNY is not available on any Cable Provider/Streaming Service where I live. I don't see Fox Sports (FS1/FS2) televising ALL UConn Women's Games nationally at the expense of other Big East Schools. The Big East wouldn't like that either. Will the Fox Sports Streaming Service make the Games Broadcast on SNY but not on FS1/FS2 available to watch?

Does anyone know how the Big East Digital Network Work? Do they stream all games not televised on FS1/FS2? I know I'll be checking tonight as the BEDN shows four games tonight.

Reaction Score
I wish we could really get Ala Carte TV. Pay for the channels you want. The new SNY deal might be great for some UConn fans. but not all. SNY is not available on any Cable Provider/Streaming Service where I live. I don't see Fox Sports (FS1/FS2) televising ALL UConn Women's Games nationally at the expense of other Big East Schools. The Big East wouldn't like that either. Will the Fox Sports Streaming Service make the Games Broadcast on SNY but not on FS1/FS2 available to watch?

Does anyone know how the Big East Digital Network Work? Do they stream all games not televised on FS1/FS2? I know I'll be checking tonight as the BEDN shows four games tonight.

I have YouTube TV in NH that offers a lot of sports channels - locals are Boston based, however. In the past I have used DirectTV just to get SNY and watch the games. With my Roku, I now combine YouTube TV and use the ESPN app. This had allowed me to watch 90% of the UConn Women's games live and the remaining 3 or 4 I watched on the Husky site listed on the BY.

Fortunately, all of the games were ESPN 3 and not ESPN Plus so they were all free. If they move more towards ESPN Plus, I will get a monthly subscription. The ESPN app works well and has its own On-Demand if you're late to start.

Not sure about the Big East Network but definitely look into ESPN 3 and +

Reaction Score
All SNY games are on espn3

This year but probably not next. SNY sub-licensed the rights from ESPN to broadcast these games. The BE rights are owned by Fox.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
And this is why this thread was created, next year SNY most likely will not be associated with ESPN (ESPN3) but will be associated with Fox Sports. Currently Fox Sports has many Regional Sports Networks, obviously dedicated to sporting events, both live and re-airs. After tomorrow, these RSNs will no longer be available for YouTube TV subscribers. So if come next season, Fox Sports decides to broadcast the UConn games across their RSNs, YouTube TV subscribers will be missing out UNLESS the FoxSportsGo app will still stream the RSNs. This should be able to be checked out on Sunday.
And another caveat is if the SNY games are broadcasted on FS1, FS2 or Fox next year, YouTube TV, at this point, will still carry these networks.

I am sure that over the off season, a weekly thread will be posted to discuss this matter...

Me, I am hoping if the FoxSportsGo option fails and the games are not on FS1 or FS2, that Hulu Live doesn't drop the RSNs.

As far as Ala Carte, it would be nice if some TV Provider offered all the RSNs to subscribers regardless of our location, like DirecTV did/does.

Clear as mud?????? :)

Reaction Score
Cable companies are becoming like the oil and pharmacy industry. It would make things much simpler for them if you would just cut a small vein in your arm and let it pour out.

Reaction Score
Just an update on this. I sent an email to YouTube TV support after receiving the OP email. From what the reply states still trying to come up with a definite agreement with Sinclair but at this time will still continue to have access to the FOX Regional Sports Networks and YES network until further notice.

In my email, I had to suggest if this does not get resolved I will cancel account and go elsewhere. :rolleyes:

1583068530207.png

jumpstart

WBB fan in general
Reaction Score
Yea...it's still up for now. I won't trade my YouTube TV anyway.....

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
For several years I watched Uconn wbb games through SNY on ESPN3. But on February 22, the UCF game was not available to me. The game was on the list and the icon to select it was onscreen, but the message said not available. I called Spectrum, and they claimed no blame. ESPN over the phone said Spectrum was at fault. By the time I got off the phone, the game was over. I followed progress on the Live Stats app but never got access to the broadcast. Fortunately the last two games have been available . So I remain puzzled by this and can find nowhere to get clarity. Hope next season broadcasting works out well for all UConn fans!

Reaction Score
The Fox Sports Regional Networks are owned by Sinclair. The channels have just not yet been re branded, which Sinclair bought from Disney last year.

This has nothing to do with FS1, FS2 or BTN.

Reaction Score
Geez...I'll wait 'til next year to try to figure this out...because it's likely that it'll change again/a few times. It's a continuing love/hate with streaming and other content/service/program providers...but one can also say the variety and competition is good (sometimes).

Uh, and in the old days...;)

Reaction Score
Geez...I'll wait 'til next year to try to figure this out...because it's likely that it'll change again/a few times. It's a continuing love/hate with streaming and other content/service/program providers...but one can also say the variety and competition is good (sometimes).

Uh, and in the old days...;)
Good strategy - they’ll figure it out.

In the “old days” (15-20 years ago) if you wanted to see a game you pretty much had to go to it. Now you can basically watch any game you want any time you want, including big-time high school games and obscure European league games. This is SOOO much better than the “old days”!!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Fubo also dropped the Fox RSNs at the start of the year.

Sinclair isn't playing well with others.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom