OT: - YouTube TV and Disney, here we go again! | The Boneyard

OT: YouTube TV and Disney, here we go again!

Reaction Score
First off my apologies if this same topic was already created elsewhere.

Received an email from YouTube TV yesterday, seems negotiations with Disney not going well. If no deal in place by the 17th YouTube will lose all Disney channels, main ones for me ESPN, ABC and others. If so, Sunday's game against Louisville on ESPN is a no go on YouTube. I believe every subscriber, with YouTube, received this email yesterday. They will reduce the monthly charge by $15...to $45. For myself, I have HULU Live TV and Fubo TV ready, just in case.

EDIT: Looks like another thread YTTV was started in the Men's Basketball Forum

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Received an email from YouTube TV yesterday, seems negotiations with Disney not going well. If no deal in place by the 17th YouTube will lose all Disney channels, main ones for me ESPN, ABC and others. If so, Sunday's game against Louisville on ESPN is a no go on YouTube. I believe every subscriber, with YouTube, received this email yesterday. They will reduce the monthly charge by $15...to $45. For myself, I have HULU Live TV and Fubo TV ready, just in case.

If you haven’t downloaded the ESPN app, do it now and put in your provider info. Sometimes, apps continue on a little after tv provider subscription ends. No guarantees, but it might last long enough to get the Louisville game.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
I didn't get an email and I have YouTubeTV. They better work this out, but in the mean time, I have tickets to the Louisville game. Of course, it may turn out to be a game I would rather not see. LOL, only fooling. I will see my Huskies through to the bitter end.

Reaction Score

If you have Hulu, there is bundled package of Disney, ESPN, and Hulu available. Don’t know if ABC is included, but that should be over-the-air for most.

Reaction Score
Luckily, I'm one of these Neanderthals who still has cable as well as a Firestick.
So I can get SNY, ESPN, Fox Sports.
Watched the Atlantis games on YouTube a couple of days later.
So far, anyway.
I think the games that really get the stomach acid going are the ones we expect them to win, but don't (Arkansas last year, Arizona, S. Carolina, GT)
Then there are games they win but struggle (USF, UCLA)
I think, unfortunately, there may be both in the next several weeks.
Unless Geno & company can figure out a plan for maximizing the available talent and getting everybody to put out their best effort, no cakewalk through the Big East this year.
Louisville could go either way. Let's see what they can do with a week of practice.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
If you have Hulu, there is bundled package of Disney, ESPN, and Hulu available. Don’t know if ABC is included, but that should be over-the-air for most.
Slight clarification. The Disney bundle includes ESPN+ which obviously includes the main ESPN channels and all the + channels.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Slight clarification. The Disney bundle includes ESPN+ which obviously includes the main ESPN channels and all the + channels.
I'm not sure about ESPN+ also streaming all the ESPN channels. I think that Monday Night Football is not streamed, it's only available on the ESPN channel. However because of the ongoing situation, MNF will be streamed on ESPN+ if a new contract agreement is not reached.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
I'm not sure about ESPN+ also streaming all the ESPN channels. I think that Monday Night Football is not streamed, it's only available on the ESPN channel. However because of the ongoing situation, MNF will be streamed on ESPN+ if a new contract agreement is not reached.
I believe ESPN+ and ESPN, and its networks, are different. I have ESPN+ and it does not list, on the schedule, the games on ESPN, ESPN2, ACCN or SECN. Those are on the Watch ESPN App.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This increased competition in the broadcast/entertainment industry is working out really well for the consumer isn't it. :confused::eek:Head bang

Reaction Score
Since I pulled the cable plug, I’ve been using YouTube TV. But I never received this email. Hopefully this gets resolved soon

CL82

Reaction Score
This increased competition in the broadcast/entertainment industry is working out really well for the consumer isn't it. :confused::eek:Head bang
Yes it is, done most of us who cut the cord dropped our bills dramatically.

CL82

Reaction Score
Based a discussion on the men’s board, I don’t believe this is correct.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom