Power of Love
Reaction Score
In before someone says Diehard.

Diehard

IMG_20231225_051916.jpg

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score
National vacation Christmas Vacation. Whole family been watching this every christmas for at least 20 years. Every scene has quotable lines we use throughout the year
Watched this for the first time last night. I have to admit that I was disappointed. Found it more stupid than funny but some quotable lines for sure

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
The one movie I have to watch every Christmas is the 1951 version of "A Christmas Carol" with Alastair Sim. I'll never grow tired of Sim's goofy joyousness after the ghosts visit. Beautifully acted with what I have to assume is an abundance of ad libs. Scrooge has been portrayed on film dozens of times, but nobody nailed it like Sim.

Reaction Score
I'm ancient so the holiday season isn't complete without watching:
1;Holiday Inn (the original White Christmas-Who doesn't love Bing Crosby & Fred Astaire?}
2: It's a Wonderful Life
3: White Christmas
4: Home Alone
5. Die Hard

So, a holiday story for the Yard:
My wife's family is of Scottish ancestry (Clan Gunn) & my late father-in-law loved going to the Scottish Games to hear the bagpipe bands. The first Friday in December, we went Christmas shopping & in the afternoon, watched the Hallmark movie "A Very Scottish Christmas". In the evening we went on a pub crawl with the final stop at Concentric Brewing in Portland. My wife (Mrs, Coors Light) decided to order the house stout in honor of her dad. Then, pipers & drummers began trickling into Concentric, The Middletown P.B.A. Piipe & Drum Corps had been performing at Middletown's Christmas lighting ceremony & decided to have a nightcap together.
The bandleader came over to our table & said that he hoped we didn't mind, but the band wanted to set up in front of us & play a set. Wifey was thrilled, We had front row seats. I turned to her and said "Poppy is saying Merry Christmas from Heaven..."

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Watched this for the first time last night. I have to admit that I was disappointed. Found it more stupid than funny but some quotable lines for sure
For the first time!? Daaaaaamn.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
It’s a Wonderful Life always brings a tear to my eye at the end as there have been some tough years in the past. Christmas Vacation and Elf are on loop also.

But this always finds its way onto my TV on Christmas somehow….

Happy Holidays my friends!

IMG_7465.jpeg

Reaction Score
for a uconn-related pick, the sofia coppola-directed "a very murray christmas" on netflix is extremely fun.

Reaction Score
Scrooged is #1 for me. Followed by Christmas Vacation. Trapped in Paradise in underrated.

Reaction Score
Very surprised Love Actually hasn’t been mentioned yet!
Ugh. I have such a problem with this one.

The guy creeps out on his best friends wife at their wedding with creepo videos of her. Then tries to get her to cheat on their front steps on Christmas.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom