Yormark confirms that the big 12 was in expansion talks with Connecticut and Gonzaga but indicates neither program is being pursued any longer. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

Yormark confirms that the big 12 was in expansion talks with Connecticut and Gonzaga but indicates neither program is being pursued any longer.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
And all of those people have never been right about any of this. So who cares what they perceived.

Someday you will see that this thing is being run by fools.
Absolutely agree! Who cares what people who were actually in the room and actually had first-hand knowledge believe what happened. Whatever we want to believe is more credible, right?

Reaction Score
I hate MLS.

Stick to Catholic League Hoop. Maybe St. Mary’s of Original Sin against Our Lady of Christ’s Eternal Agony will finally get the brand recognition they deserve.
Yes, I'll stick to going to national championship games to watch my team win titles.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah because playing in a conference that makes less than $5mil a year with a bunch of dopey little Catholic schools is a winning long term strategy.
The fact that the other schools in the Big East, other than Butler, are Catholic universities seems important to you. Why is that? If your point is that they're small private colleges, why not just say that?

Reaction Score
The fact that the othet schools in the Big East, other than Butler, are Catholic universities seems important to you. Why is that? If your point is that they're small private colleges, why not just say that?
This dude is lost and constantly resorts to stealing Kobe's terrible material.

Reaction Score
The fact that the othet schools in the Big East, other than Butler, are Catholic universities seems important to you. Why is that? If your point is that they're small private colleges, why not just say that?

Because they are small and insignificant. This guy keeps talking about brands. These aren’t brands they are just mouths to feed.

Big Private schools are brands. Like USC and Notre Dame.

Marquette is not.

And as a Catholic I will say whatever I please. They are dopey little catholic schools.

Reaction Score
Because they are small and insignificant. This guy keeps talking about brands. These aren’t brands they are just mouths to feed.

Marquette is not.

And as a Catholic I will say whatever I please. They are dopey little catholic schools.
Cool, now he's misrepresenting what I said. I've talked about the UConn basketball brand because it's a national brand but keep going, you seem to be doing really well here...

Reaction Score
Yes, I'll stick to going to national championship games to watch my team win titles.

It wasn’t because of the Big East,

You guys can scapegoat the AAC and football all you want. But the truth is that Kevin Ollie and the school broke the program. Not the AAC.

But I’m so sure playing Holy Trinity of Neverending Guilt is what put us over the top.

Reaction Score
Cool, now he's misrepresenting what I said. I've talked about the UConn basketball brand because it's a national brand but keep going, you seem to be doing really well here...

If it were a national brand they meant anything we wouldn’t be in the Big East.

Our Brand isn’t worth as much as you think.

CL82

Reaction Score

Marquette is not.

Feel free to say whatever you want, I was just curious about the point you're struggling to make. It seems the fact that they are Catholic universities matters to you. Your persistence in hammering that point along with multiple vague pejoratives speaks more about you than it does about the schools.

But by all means continue...

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Uconn is the biggest brand in the best basketball conference in the country
This is true, but in the scheme of what we are dealing with in terms of achieving media revenues, it is similar to owning the best Vespa while many of our peers own good to very good motorcycle

Reaction Score
The problem is that college basketball is so much less valuable than college football. To the extent that even with our two top basketball brands (men's and women's) put together, they are about half the value of a top 40 football brand. With a woeful football brand, that's why we are where we are at.

CL82

Reaction Score
The problem is that college basketball is so much less valuable than college football. To the extent that even with our two top basketball brands (men's and women's) put together, they are about half the value of a top 40 football brand. With a woeful football brand, that's why we are where we are at.
True but a lot of that is based upon the fact that football keeps its playoff revenue while basketball's revenues used to find the NCAA, and nonrevenue sport championships.

Reaction Score
True but a lot of that is based upon the fact that football keeps its playoff revenue while basketball's revenues used to find the NCAA, and nonrevenue sport championships.
I totally agree and if changes ever come about to move away from that model, then we'll be in a better spot.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I totally agree and if changes ever come about to move away from that model, then we'll be in a better spot.
Don't hold your breath on that happening.

Hondo 77

The voice of reason
Reaction Score
That doesn’t have anything to do with how much TV will pay a conference.

CL82

Reaction Score
Don't hold your breath on that happening.
I actually feel like it may be coming, but only because it's the low hanging fruit for more cash for the P* universities.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Shoe on the other foot……
What happens when the powers that be determine the Big East should be starved out of existence? Schools start jumping ship to save themselves, going to G5s for hoop only. All of you that think the Big East will always be there are gonna be wetting your pants. Big money could care less about us and the 6th borough Tourney.

Reaction Score
Shoe on the other foot……
What happens when the powers that be determine the Big East should be starved out of existence? Schools start jumping ship to save themselves, going to G5s for hoop only. All of you that think the Big East will always be there are gonna be wetting your pants. Big money could care less about us and the 6th borough Tourney.
No way that happens.

Reaction Score
But it's by choice that it's so lowly valued. You can instantly flip that switch overnight and make it very valuable. The networks pay $1.1b every year for the NCAA tournament. If you can grab that money, the value of basketball skyrockets.

KryHavok

Oh yes, UConn IS a BB blueblood!
Reaction Score
No way that happens.
When Texas and Oklahoma announced they were leaving the Big12 for the SEC, the obituary for the Big12 was being written. Instead the conference survived, for now. Jump forward a bit, USC and UCLA depart the PAC, and though doom was spraypainted on the wall, they still had name and brands left. Then BLAM!, the storied conference shattered. No way the Big East has the power or financial cache to weather way may be coming. I like the league, don't hate on any teams as long as UConn wins all its games, but let's be real, if the PAC can be obliterated, the Big East can most assuredly be torn to shreds and cut out with little effort.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom