XL & Gampel Sellout tracker... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

XL & Gampel Sellout tracker...

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
I'm guessing, but UConn probably holds back a small number of choice tickets for special guests (like Bouknight), or someone else with whom they might like to curry favor.

I'm not quite a dignitary but several years ago, when he was still with us, Dee Rowe got me tickets on the floor in front of 108 for a women's game at Gampel (don't have tickets for the women anymore).

Pretty exciting position from which to watch a game. And, the guy next to me kept referring to Chief and speaking in the third person whenever I asked him a question about the players.
These were 4 rows from the back. There were about 40 of them spread around the back rows of the seat back 200s. These weren’t held back for special guests. They weren’t held back at all. They were for sale up until the end of the game.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
These were 4 rows from the back. There were about 40 of them spread around the back rows of the seat back 200s. These weren’t held back for special guests. They weren’t held back at all. They were for sale up until the end of the game.
I’m not trying to be a buzzkill here, it’s just really lame we’re lying about selling out

willie99

Loving life & enjoying the ride, despite the bumps
Reaction Score
The XL Center was full when we played some chump. Many people only care about bigger games. All those lower bowl seats are sold with the exception of singles or school / player allotments

Those not attending games should donate their tickets to students

Both buildings will be rocking during conference play. I'm not even sure why this is a discussion

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
According to the boneyard we are lying about sellouts to…not sell tickets that we have available to sell?

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
Your guess is as good as mine.
Dude just read my posts lol they’re calling NAU a sellout when there were a bunch of tickets available for sale on the official ticket site until the end of the game

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Dude just read my posts lol they’re calling NAU a sellout when there were a bunch of tickets available for sale on the official ticket site until the end of the game
Dude, you're not worth rereading. I got you the first time.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
If you go to UConn huskies dot com you can find seats for every remaining game besides Georgetown and Xavier.

So, I'm not sure what exactly entails a sell out but seems like @krinklecut isn't wrong here.
Idk why he has such a problem with what I’m saying. I’m not trying to stir the pot or anything, just sharing my experience and what I saw.

There’s probably a threshold of seats available where you can still claim it’s a sellout and I’m just an idiot and don’t understand that. But on face value, it seems to me that, if a bunch of tickets are available, it’s not a sellout.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Idk why he has such a problem with what I’m saying. I’m not trying to stir the pot or anything, just sharing my experience and what I saw.

There’s probably a threshold of seats available where you can still claim it’s a sellout and I’m just an idiot and don’t understand that. But on face value, it seems to me that, if a bunch of tickets are available, it’s not a sellout.

It seems rather odd to dissuade potential customers from buying seats to games, but I'm wondering if the "sell out" distinction is a matter of the seat was sold as part of a season ticket and the ticket holder "donated" it back to UConn to resell in the event they couldn't attend?

I wouldn't worry about @Waquoit you bring up anything related to UConn tickets and the guy goes totally off the rails.

Reaction Score
The University/Athletic Dept. keeps a lot of seats held back. I sit in 107 at Gampel. Across the aisle in 108, there are more than 100 seats that are kept back. Coach Blaylock is usually there. The University President is sometimes there. Mora was at a few games when he first came to UConn. For Pine Pluff, it looked like they were hosting a bunch of football recruits.

When I sat in the 200 level, there was a row behind me that was empty for most games. When they were filled, it was usually by student athletes.

There are also the seats that the AD reserves for the opposing team. Some are behind the bench and others up in the corner.

All of these could be released at the last minute by the AD.

Reaction Score
I don't get it. The guy is just trying to give some tickets away.

Honestly - I get the sentiment. I probably should try harder to make sure the seats get used. I also spent years doing that and during the Ollie years you couldn't give seats away no matter how hard you tried. But the reality of it is that if you want to go - and then it turns out that you can't only a couple of days before the game, it sometimes doesn't work out. Someone says yes, then they get back to you 4 hours later saying they can't go after all, etc. Then you run out of time.

I posted the tickets for Saturday's game on Friday - I got two messages around 11pm Friday night but didn't see them until Saturday morning and by the time I answered them it was too late. Happens all of the time. It is just harder to execute on short notice.

But I'm also not going to lose any sleep over the fact that there were 4 empty seats at Gampel for a buy game that we won by 38 against an opponent that nobody cares about.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Says the guy throwing a tantrum on a message board about fake sellouts? Lol.
This was my last post on the subject:

"It's a lie!"

Some tantrum. I thought it was a funny quip. I forget guys like you need trigger warnings.

krinklecut

Class of '11
Reaction Score
This was my last post on the subject:

"It's a lie!"

Some tantrum. I thought it was a funny quip. I forget guys like you need trigger warnings.
Calling someone a snowflake and trying to make jokes about trigger warnings in 2023 is pathetic lol go back to truth social

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
The University/Athletic Dept. keeps a lot of seats held back. I sit in 107 at Gampel. Across the aisle in 108, there are more than 100 seats that are kept back. Coach Blaylock is usually there. The University President is sometimes there. Mora was at a few games when he first came to UConn. For Pine Pluff, it looked like they were hosting a bunch of football recruits.

When I sat in the 200 level, there was a row behind me that was empty for most games. When they were filled, it was usually by student athletes.

There are also the seats that the AD reserves for the opposing team. Some are behind the bench and others up in the corner.

All of these could be released at the last minute by the AD.

I get that the AD may do that, but how in the world is this "sold out"?

Screenshot_20231214-130244-654.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom