Xavier post game thread. | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Xavier post game thread.

Reaction Score
I felt like at least a third of those were shots just taking a weird bounce and landing in their lap.
They got a lot of the loose balls too though. But Cam and Tristen came down with some big rebounds/loose balls late.

Reaction Score
Thank god for Diarra. He was a one man show on offense and played great D on their guards. Without him I think we might lose with Karaban hurt during that stretch. We need to work on FTs in next practices. The game should never been this close.
And rebounding. Yikes.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Nice solid minutes from Stewart as the lone big when Alex got slashed and Samson was in foul trouble. Had another great cut to the basket and was hit this time but unfortunately couldn't hang onto to the pass. I know Castle can guard up to the 4 but Stewart should be able to carve out a few minutes as Karaban's backup even when Clingan returns. He knows how to play.
Anything to let Castle matchup with smaller players. Funny enough only centers can neutralize him from getting to the rim.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Diarra saved our bacon out there. This team isn’t really built for physical Big East play, but they keep going and some blend of skill and speed prevailed. That small ball lineup played at a pace Xavier just couldn‘t match.

Reaction Score
It’s going to be so hard for him to learn how to attack during Big East play at this point. Way too physical.
When he is open he shouldn’t just settle for the 3. Players crash out and go by them, get a better shot or find a cutter. Just needs to add wrinkles to his game, not necessarily only attacking.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
It’s too bad they stop practicing once the games start. Maybe next summer.
This is one of those comments that would make me say you have to play to know.

Practices aren’t anywhere close to games.

Reaction Score
I still don't get the no call on the shot to Karaban's head. It's one thing when a guy is sticking his nose in the players space. It looked like Karaban was up pretty straight up and the elbow came into his space. I know the way the rule reads this year, but players still need to be protected. I guess the NCAA doesn't care about concussions this year.

The other thing I don't get is the arm lock. Ellis said he thought Karaban should have been called for a foul too, for hooking after. When you are hooked like that, it is instinct to lock your arm up. Otherwise, you're going to get your arm dislocated or broken. Just thought it was a dumb take by the announcer.

Still, they scrapped and they won. They will be sore tomorrow, but they get out of Cincy with a win.
If it was the other way around we all know Alex would get assessed with a flagrant

Reaction Score
I still don't get the no call on the shot to Karaban's head. It's one thing when a guy is sticking his nose in the players space. It looked like Karaban was up pretty straight up and the elbow came into his space. I know the way the rule reads this year, but players still need to be protected. I guess the NCAA doesn't care about concussions this year.

The other thing I don't get is the arm lock. Ellis said he thought Karaban should have been called for a foul too, for hooking after. When you are hooked like that, it is instinct to lock your arm up. Otherwise, you're going to get your arm dislocated or broken. Just thought it was a dumb take by the announcer.

Still, they scrapped and they won. They will be sore tomorrow, but they get out of Cincy with a win.

This announcer was the guy who lauded UConn for doing so well with five guards on the floor (Jaylin Stewart was on the floor for several minutes at that point).

Reaction Score
Real question is what did Jaylin say to get the T? From the replay it looked like he got a T for standing there and looking.
They didn’t adequately address this at all. In fact, they said the T was on Hurley.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
When he is open he shouldn’t just settle for the 3. Players crash out and go by them, get a better shot or find a cutter. Just needs to add wrinkles to his game, not necessarily only attacking.
Mix hardly touching the ball, limited minutes, and a shorter leash for mistakes,

And im not going to expect the kid to do much when it comes to being aggressive the few times he does get the ball. He tried to last game, got ripped, and was pulled instantly. Is what it is at this point.

Diarra has been outstanding in the meantime.

Reaction Score
Big East road wins against any team that isn’t at the bottom are very hard to get. We spotted Xavier 6 points on missed free throws and the refs spotted another 6 on BS calls like Castle T and Karaban’s head getting split open, but we still won. Impressive effort by Diarra. Spencer, Karaban and Newton solid too. Solid minutes by Castle and Stewart too.

Reaction Score
Mix hardly touching the ball, limited minutes, and a shorter leash for mistakes,

And im not going to expect the kid to do much when it comes to being aggressive the few times he does get the ball. He tried to last game, got ripped, and was pulled instantly. Is what it is at this point.

Diarra has been outstanding in the meantime.
Coaches aren’t gonna discipline you from attacking. They will if you attack weak though.

Reaction Score
Never saw that Musketeer logo before. Looks like a soccer player.

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpeg
    IMG_0181.jpeg
    30.5 KB · Views: 35

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
Coaches aren’t gonna discipline you from attacking. They will if you attack weak though.
That’s not what happened. He was pretty confident and aggressive when he drove but a help defender came and ripped him. Was playing too fast and a little too aggressive.

Like I said it is what it is. I’m not expecting much out of Solo at this point. Especially with these close Big East games. Diarra is playing way better so there’s not much urgency for us to need Solo.

14:55 for reference. Subbed at the next dead ball. It was an ugly play though.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom