Xavier Game Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

JakeTheDog

Makin’ bacon pancakes
Reaction Score
Staring Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Reaction Score
I thought there was a good chance this would happen after I saw the players were going home for Christmas. Just from personal experience of knowing at least 10 times more people who have gotten it in the last 2 weeks than the 2 years before this and a personal experience of getting exposed to a family member who tested positive for Covid 2 days after I saw them. This thing is running rampant right now.

Hopefully everyone has mild symptoms at worst and they're good to play soon.

Reaction Score
Courant says cancelled

Reportedly (per the Hartford Courant citing other reporters) the Big East is reconsidering it's cancelation/forfeit policy. It just hasn't been officially announced yet. If it is reconsidered they'd try to make up this game (and the other forfeits, which would be rescinded).

Reaction Score
Actually I guess it's more poor reporting from the Courant... it looks like the Big East announced a new policy before Christmas:

Under the modified policy, a Conference game will be canceled in the event a school has fewer than seven scholarship players and one countable coach available for a game. The BIG EAST Conference Office will attempt to reschedule any such game(s) in accordance with parameters approved by BIG EAST Directors of Athletics. In the event the rescheduling parameters cannot be fulfilled, the canceled game(s) will be designated as a no contest.

So that would mean it's officially canceled pending a potential rescheduled date in the future.

Reaction Score
Actually I guess it's more poor reporting from the Courant... it looks like the Big East announced a new policy before Christmas:

So that would mean it's officially canceled pending a potential rescheduled date in the future.

—> NEW YORK – The BIG EAST Conference has announced that the UConn at Xavier men's basketball game, which was scheduled for Tuesday, December 28, has been canceled due to COVID issues within the UConn program.

The positive results received by UConn included head coach Dan Hurley, who is in isolation at home.

Announcements about future UConn events will be made in the coming days. <—

Curiouser
Reaction Score

—> NEW YORK – The BIG EAST Conference has announced that the UConn at Xavier men's basketball game, which was scheduled for Tuesday, December 28, has been canceled due to COVID issues within the UConn program.

The positive results received by UConn included head coach Dan Hurley, who is in isolation at home.

Announcements about future UConn events will be made in the coming days. <—

Poor Andrea.

Reaction Score
This season isn't going to last if 100% vaccinated teams are forced to shut down. There needs to be drastic changes to the policies.
Some speculation on Twitter that the conference wanted Uconn to play (I think you only need 7 active players per the new rules?) but maybe now that DH is positive he pushed for a postponement. In other words, not sure if this is an example of the conference shutting us down

MJ1

Reaction Score
It going to get worse before it gets better. Duke, Illinois, North Caroline all in Covid protocol as of this afternoon. More postponements will pour in over the next few days and weeks. It is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom