Worst lyrics ever. | The Boneyard

Worst lyrics ever.

Reaction Score
There are some that are just awful. The much revered Power Ballad Every Rose has a thorn tops my list.
This verse in particular-
I listen to our favorite song
Playing on the radio
Hear the DJ say loves a game of easy come and
Easy go
But I wonder does he know
Has he ever felt like this
And I know that you'd be here right now
If I could have let you know somehow I guess

Never ever have I heard the words...Hi gang, today partly cloudy and 65 ...oh and by the way, did you know love's a game of easy come and easy go?

Reaction Score
Not a ballad, but here is a song that more or less repeats its title the whole song through. It was a hit a long time ago, so lots of people must have liked its lyrics.

Reaction Score
Most.of R.E.M.'s songs: Example from "Orange Crush:

" Follow me, don't follow me)
I've got my spine, I've got my orange crush
(Collar me, don't collar me)
I've got my spine, I've got my orange crush
(We are agents of the free)
I've had my fun and now it's time to serve your conscience overseas
(Over me, not over me)
Coming in fast, over me (oh, oh)"

Say what?

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
All things Steve Miller-he probably his a handfull. I mean Big Old Jet Airliner? Come on man.
That’s not his song. Paul Pena wrote it and Miller covered it, although Pena’s version wasn’t released until 2000 because of a dispute with his record label. His song “Gonna Move” is a great one:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Don't know if these are the worst lyrics but they literally are Bad lyrics:

Your butt is mine
Gonna tell you right
Just show your face
In broad daylight
I'm telling you
On how I feel
Gonna hurt your mind
Don't shoot to kill

Reaction Score
Just about any recent rap post-2000. That "wiggle wiggle" song, "let's get re----ed and high" (or something), some of those disgusting Cardi B songs, that dumb milkshake song.

Anything by Nickleback or Maroon 5.

There is a ton of bad music these days.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I know I will take some flack here but - Imagine by John Lennon. The biggest bunch of pablum ever served up. It sounds so good coming out but it's crap when digested.

Reaction Score
That’s not his song. Paul Pena wrote it and Miller covered it, although Pena’s version wasn’t released until 2000 because of a dispute with his record label. His song “Gonna Move” is a great one:
I know this thread is for worst lyrics ever but Les Dudek did a nice version of this song. Also a very good album by him. Ghost Town Parade.

Reaction Score
I love Paul McCartney and the Beatles, they are the best group ever IMO, and I love the song "She's leaving home" but there is a lyric in that song that makes me cringe every time, "waiting to keep the appointment she made", which is OK but it's followed by the worst line in the Beatle catalog "MEETING A MAN FROM MOTOR TRADE" W.T.F Paul , way to kill the ending of a great song.

Adesmar123

Can you say UConn? I knew you could!
Reaction Score
I love Paul McCartney and the Beatles, they are the best group ever IMO, and I love the song "She's leaving home" but there is a lyric in that song that makes me cringe every time, "waiting to keep the appointment she made", which is OK but it's followed by the worst line in the Beatle catalog "MEETING A MAN FROM MOTOR TRADE" W.T.F Paul , way to kill the ending of a great song.
I think that means she was meeting a used car salesman. That's why her parents were disappointed.

Reaction Score
I think that means she was meeting a used car salesman. That's why her parents were disappointed.

Well then I agree with her parents. Very disappointing. I will say this lyric is quickly followed up by an outstanding lyric "she is having fun, fun is the one thing that money can't buy" which is as good as it gets, but the motor trade guy still sticks out like a sore thumb. I think the line was just filler and they forgot to replace it.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
“Only time will tell if we stand the rest of time” Van Hagar

duh.
That one always kills me. They had to be so stoned when they wrote that. And yet no one ever changed it!!

Although to be accurate, it’s: “Only time will tell if we stand the TEST of time”

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
That's the Beatles lyric that you picked, not this?

Here come old flat top
He come grooving up slowly
He got joo joo eyeball
He one holy roller
He got hair down to his knee
Got to be a joker he just do what he please
He wear no shoe shine
He got toe jam football
He got monkey finger
He shoot Coca-Cola
He say I know you, you know me
One thing I can tell you is you got to be free