OT: - World Series preview coming this week! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: World Series preview coming this week!

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Cripes, even for Rays standards, this looks like a horribly small crowd.

Reaction Score
This thread will probably now devolve to just me and @Jaydumo20, but since the series starts tonight, I'm thinking this is the game the Pirates have to get. Contreras vs Guerra is a mismatch in Bucs' favor. Contreras is susceptible to the HR ball, but he generally only gives up solos. He's been great at getting out of trouble. Tomorrow's game should go Rays way. Keller is good, but he has crappy 1st innings then shuts it down. McClanahan just wasted the Pirates last year, and Suwinski, our best power hitter, will likely sit vs a top LHP.. So I'm expecting something like 4-1 Rays. Game three is a mystery. We have no idea if Vince Velasquez is real or not, but the guy has pitched like an ace last 3-4 times out.
I'm expecting low scoring games in all 3. Our bullpen has been shaky lately and I think cash is in a place where he is still letting guys figure things out given our sizeable headroom, which could be good for you guys. But we've done better against good pitching this year oddly. We chased D.Cease out of the game 2xs this year and he was 2nd in cy young. Mainly though, I love that we're both watching meaningful baseball in early may.

Reaction Score
I also hope the general sports world's starts to notice Reynolds
Cripes, even for Rays standards, this looks like a horribly small crowd.
It's rough sometimes. They had a bad loss last game so maybe that was enough for st. Pete to stop coming.

Reaction Score
You got a good draw against Fleming. He wasn't even guaranteed a spot on the staff this year. But early injuries and such. He has shown flashes though. But not enough to be in rotation

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
I also hope the general sports world's starts to notice Reynolds
It's rough sometimes. They had a bad loss last game so maybe that was enough for st. Pete to stop coming.
As I'm watching on the Pirates channel, there's a lot of yellow and black among the fans who are there. Many Pittsburgh retirees around Bradenton/Sarasota.

Reaction Score
As I'm watching on the Pirates channel, there's a lot of yellow and black among the fans who are there. Many Pittsburgh retirees around Bradenton/Sarasota.
I noticed that

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good win for your guys. Despite score, a fairly evenly played game. Friggin pop up lost in the roof was the key. I don't really know if the balk that wasn't called wasn't a balk, but the Bucs lost one of those calls last year when Yadi Molina protested a non-called balk and convinced the umps, so can't blame Hedges for trying. You've got a fundamentally sound group of guys and teams just can't give you guys any bonus opportunities - like Hedges stupidly trying to throw out a runner stealing second while you've got a guy on third. Dumb play, especially trying to throw from his knees. One thing I was struck with was how well managed all in-game decisions were on your side.

Reaction Score
Good win for your guys. Despite score, a fairly evenly played game. Friggin pop up lost in the roof was the key. I don't really know if the balk that wasn't called wasn't a balk, but the Bucs lost one of those calls last year when Yadi Molina protested a non-called balk and convinced the umps, so can't blame Hedges for trying. You've got a fundamentally sound group of guys and teams just can't give you guys any bonus opportunities - like Hedges stupidly trying to throw out a runner stealing second while you've got a guy on third. Dumb play, especially trying to throw from his knees. One thing I was struck with was how well managed all in-game decisions were on your side.
You guys left too many men on base, but it just shows that you're a scary team. Just keep coming at us with baserunners. We got lucky.
I think that 3rd run we got on that play was the thing that really helped us in this game. That steal play was risky for both sides. In a game against a good team like you guys we can't afford to lose any base runners but we also need to take chances: so do you and it just worked in our favor. Not sure if you would've got siri at home with an on target throw. But we are very similar teams. We have to compete in different ways and if we both stay top 10 in pitching and hitting all year we should be on a collision course to the WS. God, I love baseball
See you tonight

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Just ugh. 0-17 with RISP for series. Porous defense. Keller deserved better. Your boys are good, they just don't make mistakes and capitalize on every single one the opponents make.

Reaction Score
Just ugh. 0-17 with RISP for series. Porous defense. Keller deserved better. Your boys are good, they just don't make mistakes and capitalize on every single one the opponents make.
The defensive miscues were surprising. Especially Hayes. He's great out there normally. But The Rays are playing really well. It's surprising because offense was always the issue.
I thought you guys were gonna run all over Shane today. Interleague games aren't easy to judge because they are such strangers to each other.

Last edited:

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good sweep by your guys. But I have to post this due to the 7 called third strikes. It's absurd a home plate ump can't even get over 90%.

1683332099384.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom