Women's Hoops Heat Check: Contenders, Pretenders and Stars | The Boneyard

Women's Hoops Heat Check: Contenders, Pretenders and Stars

Reaction Score
I'm with Cole, not Mitch. Cole's analyses seem to take SoS into account, Mitch's clearly don't.

Sure, Mitch, Angel Reese is having a monster season against creampuffs. I hope she can sustain it against real competition. Azzi, on the other hand has her biggest games against solid teams.

Mitch is disappointed in Tennessee's start, but the BY expected it all along, while Cole points to a reasonable concern about Nebraska.

And I don't even know where to start with Mitch's analysis of Diamond Miller against Baylor -- two Portal Patchwork teams, but one of them missing the main patchwork pieces, Edwards and Blackwell. In effect, Bickle is the new anchor there. Cole at least has the good sense to focus on Jacy Sheldon's game against Tennessee, a player on a real team in a real game.

And don't get me wrong, Diamond Miller is a significant talent. But she's playing in a Portal wilderness, like a lost lioness looking for her pack. I'm sure she'll find a place in the WNBA, but her college years seem to have failed to provide her a suitable setting for her abilities.

Reaction Score
It should be no surprise that unexpected losses happen in the beginning of the season when most of the teams have yet to see who their dominant starting five are. Some teams have the nucleus of their starting five and many are mixing and matching to find theirs. Uconn has fortunately found theirs. In fact we have almost 2 starting fives. When we really get healthy, we will have 2 starting fives. Our future is very positive. The only thing we have to worry about is the injury bug,which I pray doesn't happen. GO HUSKIES!!!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom