Women's Basketball Hall of Fame will eventually reflect UConn's Dominance | The Boneyard

Women's Basketball Hall of Fame will eventually reflect UConn's Dominance

Reaction Score
An article from John Adams (Knoxnews.com) with the above headline should go over well on "other" forum. I have to agree with him in every way.

Katie Lou Samuelson just completed her junior season at UConn but already has been honored twice as a first-team All-American.

By the time she’s eligible for the hall of fame, UConn will need its own wing.

...in Knoxville? Yikes! :rolleyes:

Women's Basketball Hall of Fame eventually will reflect UConn's dominance

Boxerpups4me

Semper Paratus
Reaction Score
The article was spot on and very concerning if you're a lady vol fan..

The thing that stood out the most to me was the fact that uconn has had 15 AP ALL americans compared to 0 for the lady vols in the past 5 seasons...ouch!!

Btw, i watched several uconn games last season and when my three old seen me watching would run over and yell doggy doggy while pointing at the tv!! I guess the husky mascot intrigues him..he actually would watch the game for awhile..he might grow up a husky fan in a family of lady vol fans lol

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This is a great article that reflects the growth and talent which has passed through the programs over the years. Catching and Parker will no doubt join as UT reps someday, same goes with Bird, Taurasi, Moore, Charles and Stewart. Sales and Cash definitely had great college and solid pro careers and will likely garner some consideration.

UConn's dominance the last decade happened simultaneously with UT's decline. I do think a healthy Summitt would have kept UT in a better position but I have a feeling she was affected more years than the public realizes as well as herself and family.

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
Of course it will, UConn has produced so many of the top players of the last 20 years.

Although it has been a few years, I thought the Hall of Fame reflected nicely on all the aspects of the history of the game, including the "historic" days, the era of the smaller schools (from Immaculata through La Tech) and the era of Lady Vol dominance. It also reflected well on other levels, whether coaches who had great success at other levels or international legends, for example.

We attended Vivian's induction (a long time ago, of course) and it was very well done. In those days, you were introduced by video. Coach Stringer's son introduced her, while Van Chancellor was introduced by Andy Landers. Other inductees that year included Grentz, Linda K Sharp, and some less well known folks. Sue Gunter was still living (saw her with Vivian at one point) and we have a picture a friend took of Vivian, Pat, Jodi Conradt and John Cheney together. Sat at a table with Cheney at her personal reception.

I can only imagine how induction has changed for the bigger over the years.

Reaction Score
Although it has been a few years, I thought the Hall of Fame reflected nicely on all the aspects of the history of the game, including the "historic" days, the era of the smaller schools (from Immaculata through La Tech) and the era of Lady Vol dominance. It also reflected well on other levels, whether coaches who had great success at other levels or international legends, for example.

Agreed, it's not all about just the era of the past 20 years. Those early pioneers (tiny Delta State ruled for a period in the 70s and stayed a D2 power for many years once the NCAA took over) all made a major impact on the game and deserve recognition.

Reaction Score
Agreed, it's not all about just the era of the past 20 years. Those early pioneers (tiny Delta State ruled for a period in the 70s and stayed a D2 power for many years once the NCAA took over) all made a major impact on the game and deserve recognition.
And UConn pays homage every game but adopting their warmup line. Smallest to tallest. It’s been mentioned a few times over the years.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
psttc

Top Bottom