Women in Music | Page 25 | The Boneyard

Women in Music

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A while ago I saw a documentary/travelogue hosted by Eliza Dushku about Albania. It piqued my interest about the country and the culture. I came to find out there are a number of pop stars of Albanian decent. I've gathered it does not matter if you weren't born there, if you have Albanian blood you are Albanian through and through. Also of interest, more ethnic Albanians live outside of the country of Albanian than within. Anyway, here are some of said pop stars.

Dua Lipa to start it off. And maybe the finest job of acting by a lobster ever?

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Rita Ora is another, but I really don't know her music. Here's one more. Fans have been clamoring for all the Albanians to team up for years, but no luck so far.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here are two takes on the same song, an eerily beautiful song called Serenade of the Netherworld. First the original, featuring Amanda Sommerville.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
This take is very different — stressing atmosphere over the vocals, which are delivered by a Brazilian woman named Marina la Torraca.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

Haters gonna hate. There are times for polite if muted applause. The audience set a pretty bad example for this young woman. Glad she put the miseducation to work.

Reaction Score
Not sure if anyone has already posted one of her songs, 24 pages so i guess we may have to cut each other some slack. I played this a lot in our tiny (192 sq ft for three of us) cabin in Kotzebue when my daughter was just a sprig and she loved it (hence the intertwined good memories):

Another Canadian.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Howler

Top Bottom