WNBA pre-draft news | Page 7 | The Boneyard

WNBA pre-draft news

bbsamjj

Rutgers Rooter
Reaction Score
It's going to be so hard for any of these players to make a roster given that there are only 144 spots in the league. A lot of it comes down to fit and salary cap space (with rookies being way less expensive than vets).

IMO, second rounders Christyn Williams, E. Cunene, and L.Cubaj are pretty decent fits for their teams, should they have good camps.

I really like Hillmon, and feel like if N. Coffey can have a WNBA career, so can Naz. That being said, it took Coffey 5 years to develop a reliable 3-pt shot, something Hillmon will also have to do to stick.

Reaction Score
I am loving what Atlanta did in the draft. Naz and Rhyne that is going to be a nice addition to that roster. No doubt Naz is going to make that Dream roster. Great to see our beloved UConn players getting drafted. Indiana, with so many picks, is going to be nice. Might even shock some people this season. Can not wait for the season to start.

Reaction Score
It is extremely hard to take WBB seriously at the professional level because the WNBA is such a show smh.

Reaction Score
I get a lot of the skepticism about Hillmon, but every season we see one or two players that end up being a pleasant surprise. Landing with the Dream and getting a chance to play with Howard again could work out well for her.

Her drive is something I wouldn't want to bet against. There's something in how she carries herself and her actions that will have me cheering her on regardless of where she plays.

Reaction Score
Accompanying Sabally to the New York event were a couple of assistant coaches (Berry and Hairston) and…6’8” Frosh Phillipina Kyei.
Quite a treat for Kyei and I am guessing the exposure to WNBA GM’s, star players, and the general ambience likely helpful to both player and program.

Reaction Score
Sabally to miss the whole season, that's 2 centers out for the Liberty this season ouch
This is unfortunate. She's been bogged down by injuries throughout her college career. Hopefully this year off will lead to a fresh start when her pro career officially begins. I enjoy watching her play and was looking forward to seeing what she can do on the pro level.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This is unfortunate. She's been bogged down by injuries throughout her college career. Hopefully this year off will lead to a fresh start when her pro career officially begins. I enjoy watching her play and was looking forward to seeing what she can do on the pro level.
Here is the article. Both Sabally and Kone with significant Knee issues.

Reaction Score
Here is the article. Both Sabally and Kone with significant Knee issues.

Thanks. I was aware of Kone's injury, which I thought explained why she went in the third round. I wasn't about this recent issue Sabally's knees. I'm sure the Liberty have a plan in place for her regarding rehab. I wish her all the best during her recovery.

Reaction Score
At least NY have Han Back 6”9 and nimble but she had some flashes of greatness her rookie year .

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So how do these injuries and "storing" players effect payroll and salary caps? Are the Liberty down to 10 player slots? :confused::confused:

Reaction Score
Liberty never catch a break, I remember Kelsey Bone was expected to be a huge draft pick, she lasted one season.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
I saw a report Mercedes Russell is injured for Seattle and will miss camp. Might improve Cunane's chances of making the cut.

Reaction Score
Brown suffered a torn meniscus in her left knee.

I feared it was an injury based on her tweet earlier today. I hope she recovers soon and gets another opportunity to play in the WNBA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
macklin

Top Bottom