WNBA Draft Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

WNBA Draft Thread

psconn

Proud Connecticut WBB Fan
Reaction Score
not that i promote fan on fan violence..... but if you see anyone boo Lexie Brown. well.. I can help with your bail :D:p:cool:;):)

just messing

Triad, it pains me more than I can say to have to admit this, but it is possible that a few might do this. Also painful... I can promise you that NY's UConn players will get a bigger hand during intros than any Sun player except maybe Tuck.
Head bang

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Like last year, ESPN is not showing any love for the picks in the 2nd round. ESPN/WNBA should expand the time alloted for the 1st round to get more player highlights/interviews and not shortchange players drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Wait, how is the 2nd round going slower than the first round?

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
No way. She’d likely be behind many of McCowan, Brown, KLS, Ogunbowale, Durr, and Collier among others. This was her best chance to go high. Dallas got a steal nabbing her at 6....I thought Indiana should’ve taken her at 2.
Not if she was on the short list for NPOY. If she really improved again next year, people would have had a great look at how much better her game got, and with her size, her ceiling is higher than any of the players you listed (yes even Lou and Napheesa). Not saying she would have gone 1 or 2, but it's possible given her potential, and depending on how much she would have improved next season.

Sadly, she won't get to learn and improve as rapidly in the WNBA as she would have at a full season of UCONN coaching, so we'll never really know...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Like last year, ESPN is not showing any love for the picks in the 2nd round. ESPN/WNBA should expand the time alloted for the 1st round to get more player highlights/interviews and not shortchange players drafted in the 2nd and 3rd round.

I don't think they are selecting during the Wilson interview? :confused::confused::confused:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
What in the world is going on w/ the 14th pick? Been waiting about 10 minutes, most of the picks have been coming in every couple of minutes. Or maybe the pick is already made but ESPN is making them wait so they can do more Wilson coverage.

Reaction Score
Lexie Brown is the better WNBA prospect than Nurse. Kia will perform well in any environment similar to UConn. She can distribute the ball to other good players, as long as she's the 4/5th option.
I think you’re seriously underestimating Kia. She’s developed into a serious offensive threat and is one of the best defenders UConn has had. She’ll make NY proud the picked her!!!

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Triad, it pains me more than I can say to have to admit this, but it is possible that a few might do this. Also painful... I can promise you that NY's UConn players will get a bigger hand during intros than any Sun player except maybe Tuck.
Head bang

I believe it

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
There goes Billings finally to Atlanta at # 15.

Reaction Score
I met Katie Smith back in 99 or 2000, the first Season for the Lynx. She was injured at the time and couldn't play (I think ACL tear). But like the nerd I am, I arrived there like an hour early. She was sitting in the stands with Brian Aglar's wife. I got to speak with her because I was sitting close to them. She is a class act. Kia is in good hands :)

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Kristy Wallace at #16, will miss this season rehabbing injury. Went to Atlanta.

Reaction Score
Kristy Wallace at #16, will miss this season rehabbing injury. Went to Atlanta.

I thought she was being undervalued even though she is injured. Had BU had her, their fate might have been different. Happy for her!

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought she was being undervalued even though she is injured. Had BU had her, their fate might have been different. Happy for her!

I'm not a Baylor fan, but she's a player I really appreciated. I was sorry to see her get injured late in the season.

Reaction Score
Head bang

I'm not bothered by Sun fans cheering ex-UConn players during intros. So long as they cheer the Sun players once the game starts.

Reaction Score
I'm not a Baylor fan, but she's a player I really appreciated. I was sorry to see her get injured late in the season.

She was a fan favorite. I love her hustle and never quit attitude. She would have been a fan favorite anywhere.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
They aren't even trying now. 3 picks have come in and they're busy talking to Kia's brother about the NHL? Really?

This is worse than even the WCBB Selection Show Head bang Didnt think that was possible

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom