Will ND be selected for the NCAAT this year? | The Boneyard

Will ND be selected for the NCAAT this year?

Does ND make the NCAA Tournament?

• Yes, ND figures it out, gets hot and finishes strong

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • No, ND continues to struggle and missing for the 1st time in 23 years.

Votes: 43 89.6%

• Total voters

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
ND currently sits at 6-9 with 15 games remaining. Here’s their remaining schedule of games with Massey win probability for
7 games - BC (74%), Miami (56%), @Virginia (51%), @ Wake Forest (53%), Pitt (95%), @ BC (58%), NC (53%)

Losing 8 games- NC State 29%, @ Duke 38%, Louisville 23%, @ Ga Tech 26%, @ Louisville 12%, Va Tech 49%, Syracuse 46%, and @ Florida State 12%

So Massey is predicting 13-17 record,which clearly is not Tourny worthy. However, as I also peruse McGraws Bench incognito, one poster is postulating they can make the NCAAT by going 12-3 and mimicking Tenn from a year ago who made it with 12 losses (19-12). Lets parse that dream with the Massey percentage and be an optimistic tossup/benefit of the doubt fan:
NC State is at home but still a loss. Cunnane is too much for ND;
at Duke which while Duke actually has more talent than ND this year (wow, when was the last time we could say that?) they are still coached by JPM. Let’s say ND is inspired and wins +1:
Louisville at home and will be a loss. Jeff will love to blow them out at ND
@ Georgia Tech- while Nell has them playing well, I don’t know about this one +1 for ND
@ Louisville see above
VPI at home 49% and I will have ND+1
Syracuse at home and this time I think ND wins another +1
@ Florida State, no chance.
That’s 4-4 on an optimistic call
Now in looking at the 7 predicted wins, I see Miami with Mompremier giving ND problems and I am curious about Wake and a North Carolina squad with Bailey as a decent post player to give ND fits. But let’s say they win these 7-0.
This has an optimistic 11-4 so 17-13 record. Conference would be 12-6. Probably allows them going 1-1 in ACC tournament to finish 18-14.
From a Quadrant perspective Miami and Duke will be good wins as will Georgia Tech and even Wake Forest. However at the moment they only have 2 good wins Michigan and USF.
This is definitely a bubble team but will MM legacy get her in?

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Honestly, with SB's continued shooting woes, MS and AP's shoulder issues, MV just starting to return to form, and MM's overall disposition when it comes to addressing her team's shortcomings, I don't see them finishing the season 12-3.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
So Massey is predicting 13-17 record,which clearly is not Tourny worthy. However, as I also peruse McGraws Bench incognito, one poster is postulating they can make the NCAAT by going 12-3 and mimicking Tenn from a year ago who made it with 12 losses (19-12). Lets parse that dream with the Massey percentage and be an optimistic tossup/benefit of the doubt fan:
NC State is at home but still a loss. Cunnane is too much for ND;
at Duke which while Duke actually has more talent than ND this year (wow, when was the last time we could say that?) they are still coached by JPM. Let’s say ND is inspired and wins +1:
Louisville at home and will be a loss. Jeff will love to blow them out at ND
@ Georgia Tech- while Nell has them playing well, I don’t know about this one +1 for ND
@ Louisville s

Actually Duke had as much talent or more than ND on the roster up until 2014. In my opinion.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Well losing at home to Boston College certainly isn't going to help ND's cause. Ouch.

well it was a rivalry game... you know how those go.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think they're missing it this year. With all of the injuries and everything it's just a mess of a year. It'd be different IMO if they had Prohaska and Vaughn healthy from the get go where they'd be able to develop more chemistry and cohesion throughout the season. I think they come back much stronger next year.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Actually Duke had as much talent or more than ND on the roster up until 2014. In my opinion.
Well, you had me intrigued so I went and looked. I agree in 2012-13 that Duke was more talented but in 2013-14, ND beat Duke twice and in reviewing the rosters, I would pick ND. So if you’re stopping prior to the ‘13-14 season, we agree.

Reaction Score
Honestly it’s probably not in the cards this year unless they get a hot streak going and wind up winning a few in the ACC tournament.
No doubt this is a disappointing year but attrition, injuries and general lack of depth probably mean the Irish are our this cycle.

McGraw is frustrated like all coaches would be, it’s just that we like to revel in it due to the tension between the programs.

I suspect a good recruiting class or two and a healthy roster will bring them back quickly if they come to pass.’

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
That even seems questionable. Gotta get back to .500 or better.
ND is a “name” that will draw fans. If it’s not too outlandish, like a 10-20 record, I think they make the NIT

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
ND is a “name” that will draw fans. If it’s not too outlandish, like a 10-20 record, I think they make the NIT
The selection criteria for the WNIT requires a .500 record or better. At 6-10 ND has played only the weakest part of their ACC schedule to date with all those ranked teams still to come. It will take quite a turnaround by the Irish, just to finish the season at .500.

Reaction Score
nd vs bc, what a conundrum! Who to cheer for less. It could only get worse if you threw in Tenn for a triumvarite tournament that you wouldn’t want any of the three to win.

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
They're toast; when they got killed by Clemson in SB, I knew they were awful.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom